United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Cream

Strangely unarsed.

Side was somewhat cobbled together. Not like we ever really expect to beat them anyway.

Good craic in the studio afterwards.

Bring on whoever the £#%&!.

Unread 19-01-2020, 10:25 PM
puressence

How’s things.

Unread 19-01-2020, 10:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
The fact some thought it could be real shows how far our fans have fallen...
Fact.

Unread 19-01-2020, 10:39 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What he needs is better players. That level of application aligned with proper execution would see a different United. If they were downing tools, fine; but they’re not. He’s not the one mis-placing passes, losing headers and failing to hit the target on a regular basis.
It took Jose 109 games to lose 18 times

Oles managed to do it in 40 So It's not just the players

Unread 19-01-2020, 10:48 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
It took Jose 109 games to lose 18 times

Oles managed to do it in 40 So It's not just the players
Yup, the board and the owners as well. If Ole, or Jose, or Van Gaal - hell, even Moyes - had been given the financial support to keep up with the biggest handful of clubs in Europe, then we would have better players for whoever-the-£#%&! to manage. We're not even mentioned anymore, when it comes to a potential acquisition of any of the world's best. So we're left with one of, if not the youngest teams in the PL this season. The fact that we're still battling for a top four place, above the likes of Spurs and Arsenal, and in a couple of cups is a minor miracle if you ask me.

Unread 19-01-2020, 11:02 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Fred was awesome.

Should have ended 1-0, absolute sucker punch.

Had them on the back foot for the last 15 minutes with that shithouse of a selection.

Can't say I'll take it, but put up more of a fight then I thought we would before kick off after seeing the line up.

If we don't bring in at least Fernandes and another striker then we are proper £#%&!ed for the rest of the season though.
£#%&! me, should have ended 5-1 chances those £#%&!ers missed, and two disallowed, no way was that a foul on de gea either, utter garbage

Unread 19-01-2020, 11:16 PM
NegativeNorris

Fred was the best midfielder on the pitch from either side by far today, he just didn't stop running. I think if we'd have had someone with quality and vision next to him, a Bruno Fernandes maybe, we'd have got something out of the game today imo.

Obviously they missed a few chances too, but I don't give a £#%&! about them.

Unread 19-01-2020, 11:19 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Fred was the best midfielder on the pitch from either side by far today, he just didn't stop running. I think if we'd have had someone with quality and vision next to him, a Bruno Fernandes maybe, we'd have got something out of the game today imo.

Obviously they missed a few chances too, but I don't give a £#%&! about them.
That’s why I said it’s important to get him in

Him at number 10 instead of Pereirra could’ve got us points towards top four

Surely Woodward sees we badly need investment? If we carry on losing the sponsors will go

Unread 19-01-2020, 11:41 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Surely Woodward sees we badly need investment? If we carry on losing the sponsors will go
They've probably ran the figures & its cheaper to be shitter than invest in the players we need,..... like the insurance quote off fight club.

Remember, we're owned by people who would shake hands on a deal with the devil that means we finish 4th every single season but never win another trophy again.

Unread 19-01-2020, 11:50 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
That’s why I said it’s important to get him in

Him at number 10 instead of Pereirra could’ve got us points towards top four

This club needs champions league football, and I think to get top 4 this season, we only need a creative midfielder in this current side to scrape in. Any major work can be done, but more than likely not done, in the summer.

Unread 20-01-2020, 12:19 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Strangely unarsed.

Side was somewhat cobbled together. Not like we ever really expect to beat them anyway.

Good craic in the studio afterwards.

Bring on whoever the £#%&!.
Same tbf.

First time in my life Ive been resigned to defeat to them before the match.

Unread 20-01-2020, 12:21 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Same tbf.

First time in my life Ive been resigned to defeat to them before the match.
Second that. It was truly bizarre, mind, after all these years loving the club.

Unread 20-01-2020, 06:09 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
They've probably ran the figures & its cheaper to be shitter than invest in the players we need,..... like the insurance quote off fight club.

Remember, we're owned by people who would shake hands on a deal with the devil that means we finish 4th every single season but never win another trophy again.
we have known this from the start.

people said "but they're good businesmen!" well.... duh.

Unread 20-01-2020, 09:01 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
f*** me, should have ended 5-1 chances those f***ers missed, and two disallowed, no way was that a foul on de gea either, utter garbage
You can argue we should of scored three. A striker would have got on the end of the perira tap in miss.

A decent cross from james to martial 10 mins in and its 1 nil.

Ifs and buts with chances missed and they should have scored

We deserved to lose. We did. We need the right players as the current set up isnt good enough.

We wont get them because we have woodward in charge. May have to ride this one out this until we get new owners

Unread 20-01-2020, 09:08 AM
shenwen

We need much more than a creative midfielder. Especially with Rashford out. Unless we think Martial is going to lead the line for the next two months? We literally have two strikers in our squad. One is still a kid and the other doesn’t tend to do goals that much. We have two central defenders who look clueless as often as they look accomplished. We have a midfield relying on one player who has yet to develop fully and is full of mistakes, one player who is just about hanging on and full of mistakes, and Fred who for me had been one of the positives of this season but is also full of mistakes. We also have a load of peripheral players who are either not quite ready or not good enough.

Not a chance is someone like Fernandes going to come in and take this team to the CL spot. We’re blessed to even still be in fifth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
You can argue we should of scored three. A striker would have got on the end of the perira tap in miss.

A decent cross from james to martial 10 mins in and its 1 nil.

Ifs and buts with chances missed and they should have scored
If you go down the ifs and buts route then it’s only fair to say that Liverpool could have scored at least seven. We were very, very lucky to end up losing only by two.

Unread 20-01-2020, 09:19 AM
MUFC One Love

Yesterday showed where we are. The small squad cost us and on another day put a proper creative midfielder in that team yesterday and they could have got something.

I dont think we are miles off if the next few signings are good. Its whether they can recruit properly.

It's a.no brainer to sign Fernandes now.

Unread 20-01-2020, 09:21 AM
windy waffles

You can tell Keano £#%&!ing hates Carragher and vice versa.

Even Evra can't stand him...

Unread 20-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
We need much more than a creative midfielder. Especially with Rashford out. Unless we think Martial is going to lead the line for the next two months? We literally have two strikers in our squad. One is still a kid and the other doesn’t tend to do goals that much. We have two central defenders who look clueless as often as they look accomplished. We have a midfield relying on one player who has yet to develop fully and is full of mistakes, one player who is just about hanging on and full of mistakes, and Fred who for me had been one of the positives of this season but is also full of mistakes. We also have a load of peripheral players who are either not quite ready or not good enough.

Not a chance is someone like Fernandes going to come in and take this team to the CL spot. We’re blessed to even still be in fifth.

If you go down the ifs and buts route then it’s only fair to say that Liverpool could have scored at least seven. We were very, very lucky to end up losing only by two.
That was my point. Perhaps i didnt word it well. I never get caught up on ifs and buts as it never truely takes the full picture.

Unread 20-01-2020, 09:28 AM
Zorg

Quote:
So you're saying we should bulldoze OT with all the squad and executive staff still inside it, and start again? I'm in.

Quote:
Not sure about that - we're not far off it now, even being abysmal. Because Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are also abysmal. There's a chance we could scrape fourth by coming top of the Abysmal League.

Unread 20-01-2020, 09:33 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
So you're saying we should bulldoze OT with all the squad and executive staff still inside it, and start again? I'm in.

Not sure about that - we're not far off it now, even being abysmal. Because Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are also abysmal. There's a chance we could scrape fourth by coming top of the Abysmal League.
Agree on the abysmal league. We should claim as our Par League. But still fancy Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or maybe even Wolves and Sheffield Utd to go on a good run before we do. Especially as the first three might actually improve their squads this month.