United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Not backed in the market ffs

People still wheeling out this canard when we're bleeding the highest wages in the league on proper shite?
Yeah, buying Fred and Dalot was plenty enough to close the gap on City and see off Liverpool's investment.

You're quite right.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:36 PM
utd99

Everyone’s laughing at us and fair play to them. If this were happening to anyone else we’d be hysterical. What terrible decisions we’ve made since Fergie retired.

Get ready for a United countdown clock at the etihad boys.

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
It's all down to money.
always is. if he can't buy the best players in the world, suddenly he's not the best manager. who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
£#%&! off every single united player
still pretending it's the players?

andyroo

Quote:
Yeah, buying Fred and Dalot was plenty enough to close the gap on City and see off Liverpool's investment.

You're quite right.
Yeah we just haven't matched Derby County's ambition, good point.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:37 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
I'm convinced his agent will have asked woody to sack him as soon as it became apparent he wasn't going to be backed in the market. I'm sure that'll come out eventually.

It's all down to money.
Definitely. It has got to the point where you start to wonder now what stunt he is going to pull this week. No professionalism left in the bloke. Embarrassment.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:41 PM
utd99

I had really hoped his experiences at Madrid and Chelsea -where he pretty much lost the changing rooms two years in- and the fact that he’s running out of top teams that would have him, would have forced Mourinho to grow up and find some humility.

Didn’t happen.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
always is. if he can't buy the best players in the world, suddenly he's not the best manager. who knew?

still pretending it's the players?
It's woodward who wants the best (most marketable) players in the world, not Mourinho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah we just haven't matched Derby County's ambition, good point.
These are the consequences. That's why I wanted him sacked in the summer. But then I have the best interests of the club at heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Definitely. It has got to the point where you start to wonder now what stunt he is going to pull this week. No professionalism left in the bloke. Embarrassment.
It's the modern way. Players are at it all the time. Don't blame him one bit.

Would love to see him fall on his sword, resign and take the financial hit, mind.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:44 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Likewise, not that arsed tbh - gone way beyond it sometime ago.

It’s so bad, it’s actually quite amusing. Quite looking forward to a relegation scrap. Certainly need to avoid the Europa places.
Same. Would rather a holocaust of a season than a dull win on the way to finishing 7th. If we are going to £#%&! up, let’s really £#%&! up.

Only reservation is my two boys and this being their introduction to the club. Ah well, life lessons and all that. I never saw a league win until my 20s.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:44 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
It's woodward who wants the best (most marketable) players in the world, not Mourinho.

These are the consequences.

It's the modern way. Players are at it all the time. Don't blame him one bit.

Would love to see him fall on his sword, resign and take the financial hit, mind.
Not going to happen. He is in it for the long haul and the pension plumper.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:46 PM
red in cumbria

Enjoyed that.

Actually, having teeth pulled out without anaesthetic was significantly preferable.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Looks like martial's the fall guy (plus anyone that wanted him to play)

Quote:
Jose Mourinho has just spoken to BT Sport. He says people have been asking for Anthony Martial to be given a chance for "months and months" ahead of Alexis Sanchez.

He says he decided to give him a chance.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Not going to happen. He is in it for the long haul and the pension plumper.
He's close to home right now. Get in a £#%&!ing cab, switch off his phone, open a nice bottle of red and draft a resignation letter.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Sandman

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:49 PM
rogieop

Whether you believe he is in the right or in the wrong the fact is we have to stand by him.

If he gets the boot it is proof that player power wins over all. IF that happens we are destined to put up with these type of @#%&!s forever and a day.

It seems post fergie we already look to be a soft touch for the top players wages wise.

What sickens me to the core is that throughout Fergies era, more often than not we bought talent and nurtured it. Now we just go for the name and they take the club for a ride.

Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
That's unfair, he's actually tried since he got his contract.

Then again, the lad was playing silly bugger before that so why not?

Laughable situation.

andyroo

Quote:
He's close to home right now. Get in a £#%&!ing cab, switch off his phone, open a nice bottle of red and draft a resignation letter.

His home is a hotel and he's drafting his next press conference where he shites on about everything he won at Chelsea so this can't be his fault.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
Whether you believe he is in the right or in the wrong the fact is we have to stand by him.

If he gets the boot it is proof that player power wins over all. IF that happens we are destined to put up with these type of @#%&!s forever and a day.

It seems post fergie we already look to be a soft touch for the top players wages wise.

What sickens me to the core is that throughout Fergies era, more often than not we bought talent and nurtured it. Now we just go for the name and they take the club for a ride.
That’s just rewarding bad coaching and management

You can’t get rid of a squad and buy a new one for the manager so there’s no choice but to get rid of the manager doing a really shit job

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Buck

Lukaku for the third game running has been the opposition's best defender

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:53 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
He's pulled this shit before. If he's so

Ahh, you know what. I can't even be bothered.

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Ffs he really is a detestable shit

Happy to dig out players he doesn’t like but his untouchables in Lukaku and Matic can be stinking the joint out for game after game and never be subbed or criticized

He’s never owns up to his own shit decisions either like starting The Scottish Player in a back 3 today