United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2016, 04:46 PM
AK14

Default Michael Carrick

Has there ever been a more underrated player than this guy?

34 international cap ffs?!

Great player

Unread 15-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Sizlack

Great shout that, was lovely to see how buzzing he was with that winner last night.

Stealth legend..

Unread 15-12-2016, 05:24 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yes.

How can you be underrated if the consensus is you're a class player?

Unread 15-12-2016, 05:41 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Love the bloke

Unread 15-12-2016, 05:50 PM
rogieop

Quote:

Great player

300 odd united apps...

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:11 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
300 odd united apps...
And thats all that £#%&!ing matters

The clueless @#%&! writing him off when he signed. Nodders included.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Marlon Van Baron

A Rolls Royce of a player.

He has been underrated by quite a few United supporters. As for the England team who gives a £#%&!.

I hope we can see him stay in the side for the remaining of the league matches.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:19 PM
itisme_panaflex

was thinking about this today. such an important contribution to the side. Sets the base, acts as a pivot for the whole side. should be called the 'Pivot'. but too late in his career to get a nickname to stick.

not easy to see his importance back in his earlier days. For other reds. Some of us knew though.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Yes.

How can you be underrated if the consensus is you're a class player?
Is it?

There are many shit for brain pundits, and I mean loads of them that have and continue to underrate Carrick

Yes the majority of United supporters know he's a quality player, but take his international career for example... overlooked for players like Scott Parker, Jordan Henderson and Gareth Barry and nothing gets said about it

He's been fantastic for the best part of 10 years yet barely gets a mention when 'best premier league midfielder' discussion comes up.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Great player
While players like Gareth Barry and Scott Parker were playing instead.

England wasted so much talent over the last 20 years, Scholes on the left wing so the media could have their Gerrard and Lampard pairing which was never workable. Serve the big names and personalities but forget about building a functional side.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
300 odd united apps...
I'm glad he was overlooked by England (I'm Welsh ) because I honestly believe that's helped him prolong his United career

But the fact a player of his quality only ever managed 34 international caps shows how much he was underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
While players like Gareth Barry and Scott Parker were playing instead.

England wasted so much talent over the last 20 years, Scholes on the left wing so the media could have their Gerrard and Lampard pairing which was never workable. Serve the big names and personalities but forget about building a functional side.
Exactly.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
was thinking about this today. such an important contribution to the side. Sets the base, acts as a pivot for the whole side. should be called the 'Pivot'. but too late in his career to get a nickname to stick.

not easy to see his importance back in his earlier days. For other reds. Some of us knew though.
People wanted a direct stylistic replacement for Keane, there was a clamouring for Gattuso at one time, he looked the part and his aggression was eye catching but his ability was levels below Keane.

Carrick is up there with the best signings Fergie ever made.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
People wanted a direct stylistic replacement for Keane, there was a clamouring for Gattuso at one time, he looked the part and his aggression was eye catching but his ability was levels below Keane.

Carrick is up there with the best signings Fergie ever made.
Agree.

Iirc the summer we signed Carrick was the same summer that the Italian big sides were all in trouble for match fixing or something dodgy and there was talk of a load of big players from Milan and Juve being available for peanuts with relegation to serie B being threatened?

As it transpired Juve we're relegated and sold a few big names (was Zlat one of them? ) and Milan were just docked point for the coming season?

Point (I think) I'm trying to make is things could have been turned out very different if Milan were dropped to serie B along with Juve.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm glad he was overlooked by England (I'm Welsh ) because I honestly believe that's helped him prolong his United career

But the fact a player of his quality only ever managed 34 international caps shows how much he was underrated

Exactly.
Welsh
Scottish dad
Love whiskey ?
Dogs ?

I'm glad he never played that much for England...

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:42 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Buck

Quote:
Is it?

There are many shit for brain pundits, and I mean loads of them that have and continue to underrate Carrick

Yes the majority of United supporters know he's a quality player, but take his international career for example... overlooked for players like Scott Parker, Jordan Henderson and Gareth Barry and nothing gets said about it

He's been fantastic for the best part of 10 years yet barely gets a mention when 'best premier league midfielder' discussion comes up.
That's all that matters. He gets his due.

I'd say Darren Fletcher is vastly underrated as he was boss for some time but didn't get the plaudits. Still doing a good job now at a top half team despite everyone writing him off after the illness.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Welsh
Scottish dad
Love whiskey ?
Dogs ?

I'm glad he never played that much for England...
Didn't know you were one of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
That's all that matters. He gets his due.

I'd say Darren Fletcher is vastly underrated as he was boss for some time but didn't get the plaudits. Still doing a good job now at a top half team despite everyone writing him off after the illness.

Mate, i think you're missing the point.

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
And thats all that £#%&!ing matters

The clueless @#%&! writing him off when he signed. Nodders included.
Koppas was one of them.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...hlight=Carrick

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Pure

Unread 15-12-2016, 06:50 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Are you scouse or 12?
Closed Thread