Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2010, 08:27 AM
borsuk

Default Re: The Official England's Next Manager Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Hodgson is off to the verms....

It'll be 'Big Arry' - TBFThink he can motivate the players and would love to do the job.
he's been at spurs what, 2 years? quite long for harry, must be itching to move on by now.

Unread 29-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's been at spurs what, 2 years? quite long for harry, must be itching to move on by now.
Yeah he'd go like a shot.. Getting Tottingham into 4th and in into the ECL is probably as far as he can take them IMHO.

Unread 29-06-2010, 08:46 AM
waynes ear's

'Arry has already said he'd jump at the chance. @#%&!.

Why not see what Spuds can do in the champions league instead of £#%&!ing off? Surprised he'd take it given theres no agents or transfer fees involved odgyhandshake:

Unread 29-06-2010, 09:04 AM
dunk

Leave Capello where he is. It's not his fault the players he has had to work with in his 2 years are utter shit, or injured.

Let him continue, with the focus being on 2014, building a team for then, the Euro's just being a stepping stone.

Unread 29-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
'Arry has already said he'd jump at the chance. @#%&!.

Why not see what Spuds can do in the champions league instead of £#%&!ing off? Surprised he'd take it given theres no agents or transfer fees involved odgyhandshake:
Has he said that recently? Like since Germany game? Cos it's a posioned chalice for me. Every manager who's took it in the last decade has walked out in a worse position than he came in at; Capello is likely to do the same whether he goes now are after another massive failure in two years.

If Harry has any sense (up for debate tbf) he would stick to his cushy number at Spurs - champions league football, money to spend and a lot of good will after getting them in to Europe.

Unread 29-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Leave Capello where he is. It's not his fault the players he has had to work with in his 2 years are utter shit, or injured.

Let him continue, with the focus being on 2014, building a team for then, the Euro's just being a stepping stone.
I'd go with that and hope that he realises he has been let down by some big big players, and get rid of most of them.

Imagine a young England squad picked on merit. Players would have a reason to perform

Unread 29-06-2010, 10:01 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'd go with that and hope that he realises he has been let down by some big big players, and get rid of most of them.

Imagine a young England squad picked on merit. Players would have a reason to perform
He's more likely to do this than a new manager, especially an Englishman. Although I still think it's unlikely.
The truth of it is Capello would have already been sacked if they hadn't taken up the option of an extra two years just prior to the world cup.
They may as well give him until 2012 imo

Unread 29-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

yeah, and he needs to look that system he employs because it's failed miserably.

Unread 29-06-2010, 10:18 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah, and he needs to look that system he employs because it's failed miserably.
That would be the problem with keeping him on. He seems far to rigid

Unread 29-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Pop

Tony Adams. He'd instill loads of pride and passion in the team and ensure they all sing the national anthem really loud.

Unread 29-06-2010, 10:21 AM
dodger

Default Re: Mark "not very" Bright in the metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
ffs

Mark Bright is terrible, the way he shouts when he's talking and states the obvious is ridiculous.
True. Although beating the drum for Hoddle is far from obvious, closer to certifiable I'd say

Unread 29-06-2010, 10:26 AM
safingtons

Hoddle deserves another crack at it, very talented manager.

Unread 29-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Hoddle deserves another crack at it, very talented manager.
Agreed, like a rebirth.

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:05 AM
believe

Thumbs up Re: The Official England's Next Manager Thread

Beckham

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:09 AM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

this.

nft.

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Pop

Didn't Eric say he'd manage England?

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Didn't Eric say he'd manage England?
Nevland? Not sure.

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Nevland? Not sure.
No, Idle.

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:43 AM
DuanePipe

Glen Hoddle made me hate football for the only period in my life where this has ever happened. And I'm not being melodramatic.

He did this to many Wolves fans. Fortunately, Mick McCarthy proved an effective antidote.

Hoddle would piss on your shoes and tell you it was raining. Mark Bright is insane.

If Glen Hoddle becomes England manager again, I'll be seeking nationalisation somewhere else. North Korea, perhaps.

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:45 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
And I'm not being melodramatic.
Yes you are
Closed Thread