United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Whip Hubley

Default what's everyone doing next season, then?

been offered to take over a mate's season ticket in stretty tier 2 because he can't afford it.

on the one hand... season ticket in the stretty. no brainer. i've always taken leftovers so get to about 12 games a seasons so this would be... lovely

on the other hand... this cup scheme is taking the piss a bit. it's not really 600 or so i'd be paying, it's more like 800-900

so what are you doing?

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:15 PM
mark o

According to the back page of tonights MEN fans are thinking of taking legal action against the club for forcing this on the fans, what will come of it I don't know, probably nothing.

There is also a side comment in the same article that mentions some fans have renewed without being part of the auto cup scheme, although the details of this are sketchy.

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:16 PM
koppas

I can't see legal action being taken as the club wil simpy say, those are the rules. If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket. The thing is for everyone who doesn't renew because of it, someone else will happily take it.

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I can't see legal action being taken as the club wil simpy say, those are the rules. If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket. The thing is for everyone who doesn't renew because of it, someone else will happily take it.
and so continues the downward spiral of atmosphere that's been happening over the past few years

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:20 PM
mark o

Default We've been part of the auto cup scheme for a few years anyway

so it doesn't really affect me this season. Making it compulsory though really takes the piss.

It may be worth getting in contact with IMUSA as they are looking into this.

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:21 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
and so continues the downward spiral of atmosphere that's been happening over the past few years
Sad but true mate.

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
so it doesn't really affect me this season. Making it compulsory though really takes the piss.

It may be worth getting in contact with IMUSA as they are looking into this.
yeah i'd like to see the outcome but they have to be renewed within, 3 weeks is it? i'm sure they've never requested the money that earlier neither?

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:25 PM
mark o

They usally want their money for season tickets by the end of May, this is something that we cannot blame the Glazers for.

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
They usally want their money for season tickets by the end of May, this is something that we cannot blame the Glazers for.
ah fair enough got the wrong end of the stick from my mate. just the cup scheme and prices to moan about, then

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:29 PM
mark o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
ah fair enough got the wrong end of the stick from my mate. just the cup scheme and prices to moan about, then
And the price increase, how much is it in the Stretford End? ours have gone upto £627 (£33 a game) in K Stand. up 10% on last season.

Unread 26-05-2007, 03:58 PM
In 76 now this is true

With the availability of season tickets, you are best off getting one in your own name. That way, you cant be screwed by a mate who might sudenly want it back, want a cup final ticket etc.
You then get the credit in your own name.
I know loads of mates who have used other mates books over the years, only for them to be left without for key games.

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Johnson

but what about the 14000 waiting list ?

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
With the availability of season tickets, you are best off getting one in your own name. That way, you cant be screwed by a mate who might sudenly want it back, want a cup final ticket etc.
You then get the credit in your own name.
I know loads of mates who have used other mates books over the years, only for them to be left without for key games.
no chance of that, he's my best mate and simply can't afford it - i'm paying the full whack and it's essentially mine. he'll be doing all the applying for aways etc as well cos if i take it im helping him out a bit

all good. apart from the nuclear sized hole in my bank account.

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
And the price increase, how much is it in the Stretford End? ours have gone upto £627 (£33 a game) in K Stand. up 10% on last season.
not that much, think it's gone up to about 600 whereas it was about 565.

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Wez

Whens the cut off date for getting your renewal in ?

Edit: 8th June

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:43 PM
punk_football

If it was just the price rise I would begrudgingly pay, £722 is a hell of alot of money, but the cup scheme is just taking the piss, worked out we could get 15 cup games next season (Unlikely but could happen) which means that would be another £570. Then double it for my Dads ticket, petrol, car parking etc. It'll be hard to sell any individual stubbs on for the cup games or lower league games as they will be on the swipe card, so you will only be able to sell to people you trust. I'm probally going to write to the club and ask to move to Stretford End tier 1 or 2, which would obviously be cheaper (£475 or £627). It would be torture missing out on the big games, which I won't get tickets for. It will be harder to get Cup tickets because everyone will be in the Cup Scheme, and there will be about 60,000 people applying for every away game. Ive had a season ticket since I was 6 and my earliest memories are going to Old Trafford, I hate the summer because theirs no football and it would almost be as bad throughout the year. I don't wanna ticket share because I would find it impossible to separate the big games, I am truly undecided.

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:48 PM
TreeFiddy

If anyone is not renewing and wants someone to rent their ticket for the season then I'm looking to do so. PM me if you're interested.

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:49 PM
shuffle_like_sharpey

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

IN----CORRECT

Unread 26-05-2007, 04:53 PM
magic_cantona

This will be the second season that I have to miss.

Can't justify/can't afford going.

If I win the lottery, I'll be going.

Unread 26-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
If anyone is not renewing and wants someone to rent their ticket for the season then I'm looking to do so. PM me if you're interested.
I may be leasing mine out.
Closed Thread