United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:07 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Don't let us down Lads...

But for one glorious season in 1999, the European Cup has given me nothing but disappointment. From Dortmund to the rather predictable defeat to Porto; I just don't have the heart to go through it all again.

We have a great young team, full of ability and confidence. They'll never get a better chance of reaching a final. One game. At home. Against an under performing Barca side. All they have to do is win.

For the Babes, for Sir Matt, for Manchester United and most of all, for themselves. You can £#%&!ing do it boys!

M-U
M-U-F
M-U-F-C
OK!

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:08 PM
keano's love

this is our moment, our season. We can't, shouldn't let it all bite the dust within a matter of 3 games.

All the players must perform today and make the club proud of them.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:09 PM
JakeB

Tonight is all about Uniteds mentality if you ask me. Lets hope they get it right

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Brenner

I agree with everything you have said mate apart from the thread title.

It should read Don't Let Us Down Ferie

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
I agree with everything you have said mate apart from the thread title.

It should read Don't Let Us Down Ferie
Perhaps, but the way we've given the ball away so cheaply recently (from the Arsenal game onwards) doesn't really have anything to do with tactics. Just very sloppy play. Cost us against Boro and Blackburn. Although I was very unimpressed with the tactics at SB and the Camp Nou

I just refuse to believe that a squad as talented as ours will let this opportunity slip by. Win our next three games and we'll be Champions looking forward to a European Cup final. This is their chance to prove how good they really are.

Viva Ronaldo!

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:26 PM
n48

It's really all about application tonight. The kind of performance we're used to seeing at home against the top 4 sides especially.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
But for one glorious season in 1999, the European Cup has given me nothing but disappointment. From Dortmund to the rather predictable defeat to Porto; I just don't have the heart to go through it all again.
Mate, you have just summed up my feelings perfectly. This competition just seems to kick us in the %@#$&!s every season.

And yet we come back for more.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Argentina

Apart from Barcelona playing shite recently and all the stats saying theyll struggle away from home, last time United got to this stage without losing, we went on to win it.

In past campaigns I didnt like the idea of going to the final having been beaten by someone like Copenhagen. Didnt feel right.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:34 PM
redmike

Here's hoping for a special and clinical performance from the lads.

But i'm £#%&!ing nervous as hell!

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:40 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Mate, you have just summed up my feelings perfectly. This competition just seems to kick us in the %@#$&!s every season.

And yet we come back for more.
Love it and hate it really. First English team to enter, first English side to win it. Great wins over Porto, Juve, Roma in recent years. But it almost always ends in disappointment. This is our ninth semi final (same number as the scouses), yet we've only made two finals. Ridiculous. Been made worse in recent years by having to watch very average English sides get so far in the competition.

They have to do it tonight!

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Perhaps, but the way we've given the ball away so cheaply recently (from the Arsenal game onwards) doesn't really have anything to do with tactics. Just very sloppy play. Cost us against Boro and Blackburn. Although I was very unimpressed with the tactics at SB and the Camp Nou

I just refuse to believe that a squad as talented as ours will let this opportunity slip by. Win our next three games and we'll be Champions looking forward to a European Cup final. This is their chance to prove how good they really are.

Viva Ronaldo!
I'm positive as £#%&! about tonight, I think the past few performances will spur the lads on to perform as they owe us a decent performance.

The ground will be £#%&!in rockin tonight and I'll be stood up for the duration and I believe we will be in the final come the end of the game.

But I was positive as £#%&! about the 1st leg too.....

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:45 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
I'm positive as £#%&! about tonight, I think the past few performances will spur the lads on to perform as they owe us a decent performance.

The ground will be £#%&!in rockin tonight and I'll be stood up for the duration and I believe we will be in the final come the end of the game.

But I was positive as £#%&! about the 1st leg too.....
The anger from the Chelsea game will hopefully spur us on in the next three games. Bit like the City defeat was followed by an absolute demolition of Arsenal in the Cup and a great run in the League.

Will be a very special atmosphere tonight...as good as any in recent years.

£#%&! it, we'll win! Come on United!!!!!

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Stretters

We got to make sure we dont let them down either, its not just about the team, its the fans inside that stadium tonight who must sing till they cant sing anymore and to make sure they give everything.

2 more homes games left of this season when the players need us more than ever, lets hear the booing when a Barca player touches the ball like we booed when the roma player went to take that penalty

Its not just about the team tonight, its about us getting behind that team to make sure we are the 12th and most effective vocie in the ground

Anyone who is going, sing your hearts out lads, make it count and give them that edge to move one a step closer to Moscow.

BRING ON 7.45pm

lets make Old Trafford bounce like its never bounced before, the ball is in our court to make it count

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:58 PM
gigo

Thumbs up

Quote:

We have a great young team, full of ability and confidence. They'll never get a better chance of reaching a final. One game. At home. Against an under performing Barca side. All they have to do is win.

For the Babes, for Sir Matt, for Manchester United and most of all, for themselves. You can £#%&!ing do it boys!

M-U
M-U-F
M-U-F-C
OK!
YOU CAN DO IT LADS !!!

COME ON UNITED !!!!

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Serenity Now

Even Jesus is with us!

Unread 29-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Even Jesus is with us!

Unread 29-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Agreed

Come on United - I reckon tonight can go down as an absolute classic, I reckon 4-3 to United. Tonight is made for the holy trinity of United. The 3 glamour boys. The 3 players who tens of millions of young boys will go to bed dreaming about tonight.

Ronaldo.

Tevez.

Fletcher.

Game on.

Fawlty will kick Manuel's arse

Oh - it will be another night fit for The Cougar too. I expect him to take a penalty tonight.

Unread 29-04-2008, 02:50 PM
magic_cantona

United to win 5-3

Unread 29-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Top thread

COME ONE MOTHER £#%&!ERS!!!

Unread 29-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Jez Quigley

Default It's goign to

be a £#%&!ing cracker