United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2014, 07:36 AM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani

For a young foreign player coming to utd I thought he did well 07-10, scored some important goals even in his first season and obvs the penalty in Moscow

10-12 he was excellent. Not sure how accurate this is, but here's an idea: http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premi...d_2010-11.html . (On a side note, I don't understand why he didn't start the champions league final instead of Hernandez, to make a 5 man midfield ). Pretty decent when he actually gets playing time.

12-14 injured and not playing regularly. Was actually having a great game vs Real until the sending off as well.

Now seems to be doing well at Sporting, with a run of games. Don't think he's a long term answer, but £#%&!ing much better than Young or Valencia.

Bring Nani back
Voted best player in Portugal already!!

we would get more points with Nani than without but i doubt he will be recalled in January there must be a contract regarding the Rojo deal

Unread 01-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani

Either way, the point remains, why are we paying Sporting to have him (unless the loan is a masterplan to get him ready for a return ) whilst Ashley Young is still at the club?
I think if LVG would have started the season with our current formation in mind Nani would have possibly stayed. As it was we started with the back 3/5 with little to no use for a player of Nani's position/style, whereas Young at least gave options as wing back cover.

I actually think he (Nani) is the perfect type of player for our current formation, a pacy powerful player capable of beating opponents operating somewhere between the no.10/attacking midfielder and the centre forward. Whether or not he could ever rediscover top form and be good enough is a whole different conversation, but he is certainly the type, same story could be told for Zaha. That being said Anderson is probably the perfect type of player for one of the outside midfield slots, but he almost certainly is not be capable of actually being good enough to play.

Unread 01-11-2014, 09:43 AM
jem

I find it hard to believe nani could have done worse than rooney, van persie and falcao.

Unread 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I find it hard to believe nani could have done worse than rooney, van persie and falcao.
I don't think its a case of doing worse, it's the balance of the 3, take one out and add a Nani type player would create more balance and options. Long term Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao will not be a good front 3, LVG needs to make the tough choices on who he wants to keep and who are his best options. A Nani type player needs to be added, my personal preference would be Reus.

Unread 01-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
I don't think its a case of doing worse, it's the balance of the 3, take one out and add a Nani type player would create more balance and options. Long term Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao will not be a good front 3, LVG needs to make the tough choices on who he wants to keep and who are his best options. A Nani type player needs to be added, my personal preference would be Reus.
Yes, apart Januzaj, we don't have any alternatives to Di Maria.

Unread 01-11-2014, 03:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
I think if LVG would have started the season with our current formation in mind Nani would have possibly stayed. As it was we started with the back 3/5 with little to no use for a player of Nani's position/style, whereas Young at least gave options as wing back cover.

I actually think he (Nani) is the perfect type of player for our current formation, a pacy powerful player capable of beating opponents operating somewhere between the no.10/attacking midfielder and the centre forward. Whether or not he could ever rediscover top form and be good enough is a whole different conversation, but he is certainly the type, same story could be told for Zaha. That being said Anderson is probably the perfect type of player for one of the outside midfield slots, but he almost certainly is not be capable of actually being good enough to play.
Yep. In general I think you can assess the form/injuries and say perhaps we should have kept one of the three we cut loose in the last week of August, and based on this system Nani may have got a fair bit of football.

But at the time the three at the back system didn't leave much use for him.

Unread 01-11-2014, 03:33 PM
dunk

Should've kept Nani and Welbeck.

Unread 01-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Alan

He will be back next season IMO once LvG has judged for himself instead of listening to Ryan 'give valencia a new contract' Giggs.

Unread 03-11-2014, 04:18 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs up

im so gutted...

Luis Nani: “To be honest I do not think much of going back to United."

Unread 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
im so gutted...

Luis Nani: “To be honest I do not think much of going back to United."
Nani: I don't think about my return to Manchester. Right now I'm enjoying my time here with people who like me and believe in my abilities."

Unread 03-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Nani: I don't think about my return to Manchester. Right now I'm enjoying my time here with people who like me and believe in my abilities."
'I have found my level, I'm never going back, they played me on...the..the.....LEFT'

Always get the feeling a fair few of Nani's cheerleaders didn't actually watch us the last 3 seasons.

Been here as long as Ando, had a promising start like Ando, is a bit of a thick @#%&! a bit like Ando, is doing well and scoring goals in Portugal a bit like Bebe.

I know wingers are inconsistent by their nature but he really does infuriate me. Might be a different situation completely now that we have midfielders so they have more than wait for an overlap, get to the byline as options.

Still can't believe the excuses made for him cos he was played on the left. He favours his right so can cut in to shoot, he is more than competent at hitting the ball with his left as he proved when playing on the right and cutting in to shoot yet I struggle to recall him going on the outside left and crossing it. Always a cut back let them catch up an the defence settle type job.

Would have liked to see him play a more central role too, a player with his attributes (2 footed, pace, runs with the ball).

I have no beef with the Anfield tears tbh, had his shin opened by a dirty £#%&!ing cheating @#%&! and sees bone yet the @#%&! stays on the pitch. Would love to see someone do that to Sterling.

Unread 03-11-2014, 07:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
'

I have no beef with the Anfield tears tbh, had his shin opened by a dirty £#%&!ing cheating @#%&! and sees bone yet the @#%&! stays on the pitch. Would love to see someone do that to Sterling.
hopefully Pepe will tomorrow night.......

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Nani inspired win for sporting, he's bossing it by all accounts with regular football.....

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:43 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's got three years left on his deal so at the very least we should get a decent fee for him.

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
He's got three years left on his deal so at the very least we should get a decent fee for him.
Far too good for that league, 6 goals in 11, 5 assists, 3 in 4 in the CL.

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:49 PM
barrington avenue

top quality player just what we need...

dont Sporting want Adnan in a loan swap deal?

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:52 PM
dunk

Makes no £#%&!ing sense having a player of his quality out on loan, paying his wages and putting up with the shite we have in the attacking third thus far this season

Unread 05-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Makes no £#%&!ing sense having a player of his quality out on loan, paying his wages and putting up with the shite we have in the attacking third thus far this season
3-5-2 was the reason that made it understandable, it looked like LVG was committed to that system and there is no obvious place for him in it, lacks the defensive quality to play one of the wing back roles and there were already too many 10 options.

A bit short sighted though, given that he abandoned the system very early on.

Unread 05-11-2014, 11:07 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
3-5-2 was the reason that made it understandable, it looked like LVG was committed to that system and there is no obvious place for him in it, lacks the defensive quality to play one of the wing back roles and there were already too many 10 options.

A bit short sighted though, given that he abandoned the system very early on.
i think LvG got rid of too many decent players at once...all the ones with pace too

id have kept Nani and Kag and either Wellbz or Chico...i know without CL the squad needed trimmed but that we also needed enough quality to get top 4 ,im starting to think we dont have enough quality or pace ..
Closed Thread