United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2010, 12:39 AM
TheKitchenSink

Default Re: Negative press reaction

They seem to have gotten most of their quotes from when Terry sat down with reporters after the press conference:

Quote:
By the time Terry took his seat with the newspaper reporters he was in full flow.
Though who knows how much is true and how much is misquoted or total bullshit? It's all about sensationalising and selling papers. Look at the NOTW yesterday, calling Rooney a "preening prima donna" and saying that his ego was threatening to ruin the tournament for England

Unread 21-06-2010, 12:44 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
Though who knows how much is true and how much is misquoted or total bullshit? It's all about sensationalising and selling papers. Look at the NOTW yesterday, calling Rooney a "preening prima donna" and saying that his ego was threatening to ruin the tournament for England
Those were editorial opinions, with a few quotes from 'unnamed' sources. These are quotes attributed directly to Terry. Not the same thing at all.

Unread 21-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That's what he said to the hacks after the press conference with the TV stations.
what is? that he's going to organise a coup?

simple as that if we've got somhink ta say we're gonnaraf ta say it

so be it if he don't like it

Quote:
They seem to have gotten most of their quotes from when Terry sat down with reporters after the press conference:

there's people who think rooney is a prima donna though

there's people whose lasting impression after watching one of these world cup games is that they enjoyed the different colours of the boots the players wore

who gives a £#%&! what the screws or any of the other rags writes? north korea wouldn't even have told its people if they'd drawn 0-0 with algeria ffs, that's how important it is. and yet in england its headline news on national television for days on end. laughable.

Unread 21-06-2010, 01:00 AM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Those were editorial opinions, with a few quotes from 'unnamed' sources. These are quotes attributed directly to Terry. Not the same thing at all.
Yes, but the tone of the article is as important as the quotes used.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-the-team.html

Compare the Telegraph's article with the Independant's and it's an entirely different stance.

Quote:
who gives a £#%&! what the screws or any of the other rags writes? north korea wouldn't even have told its people if they'd drawn 0-0 with algeria ffs, that's how important it is. and yet in england its headline news on national television for days on end. laughable.
I agree completely, it is laughable and I'm not bothered at all what the papers think. It's quite entertaining to see the media going into overdrive over this "crisis" though.

Unread 21-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yes, but the tone of the article is as important as the quotes used.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-the-team.html

Compare the Telegraph's article with the Independant's and it's an entirely different stance.

I agree completely, it is laughable and I'm not bothered at all what the papers think. It's quite entertaining to see the media going into overdrive over this "crisis" though.
have you noticed how the english media have gone out of their way to tell us how other team's national media are reacting as well over the last few of these tournaments?

some kind of bizarre mutual justification for a month-long extravaganza of absolute %@#$&!s. still, nice work if you can get it i suppose.

Unread 21-06-2010, 07:28 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Negative press reaction

Quote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-2006187.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...o-2006139.html

£#%&!ing hell, I hadn't seen these comments from Terry. What an absolute @#%&! of the highest order :£#%&!er:

No wonder Wayne looks so wound up. imagine having to spend a month sharing a hotel with that cretin
There we go then.Now, surely, the media and all England fans will round on 'JT' for undermining Englands chances of bringing the world cup 'home'.

What an enormous @#%&! that lad is. "I dont like saying that it was me, but I went to see Baldini....." - what he means is "England fans will lav it that I went to sowt this fackin Italian cant aahhhhhhhhht, 'cos it's awwl abaahhht Inglund, innit?" . No John, you're doing this because you were stripped of the captaincy after acting like a disgusting human being and being nothing like a captain should be.

Sickening @#%&!.I really do hope that it's true that Wazza sparked him out.

Unread 21-06-2010, 08:05 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
There we go then.Now, surely, the media and all England fans will round on 'JT' for undermining Englands chances of bringing the world cup 'home'.

What an enormous @#%&! that lad is. "I dont like saying that it was me, but I went to see Baldini....." - what he means is "England fans will lav it that I went to sowt this fackin Italian cant aahhhhhhhhht, 'cos it's awwl abaahhht Inglund, innit?" . No John, you're doing this because you were stripped of the captaincy after acting like a disgusting human being and being nothing like a captain should be.

Sickening @#%&!.I really do hope that it's true that Wazza sparked him out.
Loved that bit, the bit about him saying he doesn't like saying it or whatever then says it was him who said it.

Unread 21-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Switching Off

This is quality. Watched that Terry press conference yesterday and he gave the impression that Capello had arranged a meeting and he was speaking for the team. Seems like he just wandered in on his own and started talking

Unread 21-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Zorg

I can't help but suspect that Starfish Stevie might be a tad miffed about the ex-captain essentially behaving as if he's the captain.

Unread 21-06-2010, 11:41 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Loved that bit, the bit about him saying he doesn't like saying it or whatever then says it was him who said it.
Subtle wasn't it? It's like saying "I dont want to say that I'm racist, but I'm racist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I can't help but suspect that Starfish Stevie might be a tad miffed about the ex-captain essentially behaving as if he's the captain.
Thought this too.Clash of the two biggest egos in the game.

Unread 22-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Switching Off

Closest i can find to an England thread.

I reckon they'll put in a proper performance tomorrow. Maybe not a big win, but true lionheart spirit . Should be enough to see off Slovenia and a second round match likely v Serbia. Then a quarter final tie against Uruguay or South Korea is emminently winnable.

Unread 22-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

I reckon they'll put in a proper performance tomorrow. Maybe not a big win, but true lionheart spirit . Should be enough to see off Slovenia and a second round match likely v Serbia. Then a quarter final tie against Uruguay or South Korea is emminently winnable.
Rooney MOM = win. Rooney not MOM = going home.

Unread 22-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Rooney MOM = win. Rooney not MOM = going home.
Rooney won't get MOM. Lampard will get it for his "craft and vision" in playing Rooney through to take on 5 men for the winner

Unread 22-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Rooney won't get MOM. Lampard will get it for his "craft and vision" in playing Rooney through to take on 5 men for the winner
I didn't mean MOM as decided by some old players who failed as managers. I meant if he is the best player on the pitch, England win. I can't see anyone else winning it for us/them.

Unread 22-06-2010, 10:13 PM
wee man

Thumbs up Re: Negative press reaction

Quote:

Positive waves are good.

Unread 22-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I didn't mean MOM as decided by some old players who failed as managers. I meant if he is the best player on the pitch, England win. I can't see anyone else winning it for us/them.
At least stick to your guns Sniff

Genuine chance of reaching the semis imo, as long as Germany win their group. then its a likely semi against Holland or Brazil. No chance in that one

Unread 22-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
At least stick to your guns Sniff

Genuine chance of reaching the semis imo, as long as Germany win their group. then its a likely semi against Holland or Brazil. No chance in that one
If JT is the scapegoat, it's us. It it's Rooney, it's them.

Unread 22-06-2010, 10:30 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Positive waves are good.
Didn't know oddball posted on here.
Closed Thread