United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Spiffy

Default Negative press reaction

Don't you just love those knee jerk @#%&!s? What they fail top realise is that if England will win the World Cup in the next 8 years, it will probably be down to Rooney.

Let's start off with the paper that has a Kerry Katona story every week because Max Clifford has told them to. The paper that isn't able to think for itself and instead jumps on any bandwaggon that happens to be passing. Everybody's favourite, The News of the World.
Quote:

WHEN Wayne Rooney stares menacingly into a camera, it is normally for a good few quid.

It might be he's trying to flog garish footwear to hard-pressed parents at £275 a pop.
It might be he wants to convince dreaming kids that swigging some faddish fizzy drink will turn them into millionaire athletes.
It might be because he has the highly-paid starring role in Wayne Rooney: Street Striker.
He comes from the street, just in case you didn't know. And it seems the only one allowed to forget that is Rooney himself.
Cocooned in a monstrous commercial bubble, Rooney clearly believes he is untouchable.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spor...-few-quid.html

Before you yellow card me, I'm pretty sure copyright doesn't apply if you use it for criticism purposes only.

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:40 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: Negative press reaction

I absolutely love it that Rooney is getting blamed.

I honestly think Rooney is the type of person who will tell them all to £#%&! off if they make him the scapegoat over what he said.

Just imagine if he 'retired' from International football for a bit? I'd love it.

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

I honestly think Rooney is the type of person who will tell them all to £#%&! off if they make him the scapegoat over what he said.

Just imagine if he 'retired' from International football for a bit? I'd love it.

It's ludicrous though innit, Beckham in 98, Neville two years later, then Ronaldo's wink that was singlehandedly to blame for England being a bag of spanners at football. Now Rooney

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:45 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Don't forget he's to blame for low income parents buying expensive football boots and forcing kids to drink soft drinks

After the hammering he's getting in the press and from the clowns that have gone over to "support" England, I can't understand how any on here could want them to win against Slovenia. Most of the players, fans and media are utter @#%&!s.

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Don't forget he's to blame for low income parents buying expensive football boots and forcing kids to drink soft drinks

After the hammering he's getting in the press and from the clowns that have gone over to "support" England, I can't understand how any on here could want them to win against Slovenia. Most of the players, fans and media are utter @#%&!s.
I always end up getting behind them in tournaments but shit like this makes you hope they get stuffed 4-0 and he retires. Lets see how they do with Heskey and Defoe up front in the euro qualifiers

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:51 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I always end up getting behind them in tournaments but shit like this makes you hope they get stuffed 4-0 and he retires. Lets see how they do with Heskey and Defoe up front in the euro qualifiers
£#%&!'em all. I want to see all the @#%&!s having go at our Wazza crying on national tv after the Slovenia game. Then they can booo all they like

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
£#%&!'em all. I want to see all the @#%&!s having go at our Wazza crying on national tv after the Slovenia game. Then they can booo all they like
Alternatively, he plays out of his skin for 5 days, wins the world cup, throws his medal in to the crowd and rips off his shirt to reveal a vest saying UNITED>ENGLAND NFT

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

I £#%&!ing hate England.

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Argentina

This fat scouse kid is growing on me.

Class for United, shit for England, and realising the moronic fans for what they are. Shame Beckham did things the opposite way around.

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Alternatively, he plays out of his skin for 5 days, wins the world cup, throws his medal in to the crowd and rips off his shirt to reveal a vest saying UNITED>ENGLAND NFT
I must admit, distasteful as it may be at the moment, Rooney hitting form and ramming their criticisms down their throats by winning the world cup would be a great '£#%&! you' to all the experts who clearly know £#%&! all.

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I must admit, distasteful as it may be at the moment, Rooney hitting form and ramming their criticisms down their throats by winning the world cup would be a great '£#%&! you' to all the experts who clearly know £#%&! all.
Thinking about it a bit more, I hope he does hit his best form. Because England will still get knocked out but it will be clear that its not his fault. Or do I want it to be his fault?

Unread 20-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina

Class for United, shit for England, and realising the moronic fans for what they are. Shame Beckham did things the opposite way around.
He's apologised and there's probably no chance of him retiring from international football. His advisors and agents who make money on the back of Wayne will know he's more marketable as a popular England player so I expect the PR machine to go into overdrive over the next few games.

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Thinking about it a bit more, I hope he does hit his best form. Because England will still get knocked out but it will be clear that its not his fault. Or do I want it to be his fault?
It all depends on Rooney's next move. Being shit and staying in the England side helps no one. It's just ammunition for the ABU's. If he £#%&!s them off, great but he wont, will he?

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina

you love him really becks

mx5 in the vacinity btw. must have made a packet from the bands

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:03 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I £#%&!ing hate England.
Word.

The thought of that cretin Gerrard lifting the greatest prize in sport makes me sick.

Rooney winning us the League or European Cup, being top goal scorer and winning Ballon d'Or will do me

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:05 AM
MUFC One Love

I would be made up on Wednesday if England went out, and I genuinely mean that.

£#%&! them.

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Pop

Would absolutely love to see Rooney tell the FA to stick their almighty Ingurland up their £#%&!ing arses, becoming a Ronaldo-esque hate figure throughout the country in the process.

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Word.

The thought of that cretin Gerrard lifting the greatest prize in sport makes me sick.

Rooney winning us the League or European Cup, being top goal scorer and winning Ballon d'Or will do me
my thoughts exactly. don't know how any self respecting united fan could want that disgusting flat headed @#%&! lifting anything. i £#%&!ing hate the @#%&!. he disgusts me.

£#%&! off back to summer bay you shit house flat headed @#%&!.

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Stickman

so because he makes money endorsing things he should be gagged from speaking his mind.

Unread 20-06-2010, 01:48 AM
dunk

To be expected.

They've be dying to down Rooney and he has given them the perfect ammunition.

£#%&!ers.
Closed Thread