Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Whalefish

Dowd, I think.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
who is reffing? don't we always get someone sent off in the second league gameseems like it anyhow.
phil dowd

he likes united him

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
who is reffing? don't we always get someone sent off in the second league gameseems like it anyhow.
Phil Dowd, whoever he is. Bet he's shit, they £#%&!ing all are these days.

wiganste

Quote:
Phil Dowd, with Mark Halsey as the 4th official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/8202360.stm

Interesting stats from that article
Quote:
Manchester United

• The Red Devils have won all but one of their last 10 league games, the exception being a goalless draw at home to Arsenal on 16 May.

• The champions have also won nine of their last 10 away games in the top flight, a run stretching back to last December. Their only slip-up since then was the 2-0 loss at Fulham on 18 February.

• Man Utd took maximum points against the promoted clubs last season, scoring 20 goals against Hull, Stoke and West Brom. They were similarly ruthless in 2007/08, winning all six games against Sunderland, Birmingham and Derby.

• The Red Devils won their 18th league title (11 in Premier League) with 90 points in 2008/09 - their highest tally since 2000. They also equalled their club record of 28 wins in a Premier League season

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

let's hope rooney doesn't throw the £#%&!ing ball at him then eh

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Phil Dowd, with Mark Halsey as the 4th official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/8202360.stm

Interesting stats from that article
yep ste, just goes to show fergie has lost it

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:30 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
yep ste, just goes to show fergie has lost it
Amazing how we've managed to win so many games with that hopeless @#%&! in charge.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I think the team will be;

Foster

Fabio/De Laet
Brown
O' Shea
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Park

Rooney
Owen
I'd go along with that team, but Berbatov in for Owen.

I think this could be a very hard 90 minutes, especially with the defence we're putting out. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to come from behind and end up grabbing a late win.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Coracao

p.s. De Laet right back.

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Harri Jaffa

2 - 1 Burnley

Owen own goal

Rooney sent off

Carrick doesn't play while rumours of sale to Liverpool to place Alonso persist.

Our goal is scored after Fletcher dives to win a penalty

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Baron

Owen should not be started in any of our first 6 games, he should be poked with sharp sticks & made to score relentlessly in training against Rio & Vidic when they are fit (if he can ) & then released against the shit teams. Rooney / Berbs partnership to flourish in the mean time.

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Smeggs

i hope to £#%&! that owen doesn't start.

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Lok

Quote:
i hope to £#%&! that owen doesn't start.
It seems almost certain to me that he will.

Quite excited by De Laet. He's a complete random, signed from Stoke despite the fact he never played a game for them. I've only seen him twice and on both times he was very good.

It's been quite some time since someone so unknown made the first team. Reminds me a bit of when Solskaer came.

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher

Quite excited by De Laet. He's a complete random, signed from Stoke despite the fact he never played a game for them. I've only seen him twice and on both times he was very good.

It's been quite some time since someone so unknown made the first team. Reminds me a bit of when Solskaer came.
like the signing of fabreeze hey dave?

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
like the signing of fabreeze hey dave?

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher

Bit like Foster?

Interested that you're so certain Owen will start.

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:16 PM
magic_cantona

Are we not on ESPN/Sky or owt then?

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Are we not on ESPN/Sky or owt then?
Nope. just the internet.

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Nope. just the internet.
Beggars can't be choosers and that, but the net is £#%&!ing dreaful a lot of the time.

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Bit like Foster?

Interested that you're so certain Owen will start.
We've all known about Foster for a couple of years.

I think Owen will start because Fergie knows that he needs a goal and sharpish. He somehow failed to find the net against Valencia and Birmingham, Fergie wont want that festering in Owen's little dwarfed head.
Closed Thread