United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2012, 07:58 PM
KenwrightsWallet

A Swansea City statement earlier this week said the club was delighted to have agreed terms with the player and club following Sigurdsson's hugely successful loan spell last season.

It was believed the 22-year-old would be joining the Swans’ for a fee of £6.8million subject to a medical.

However, on the day that Brendan Rodgers is due to complete his move to Liverpool, the Bundesliga club has reacted angrily to the initial story coming out of south Wales, claiming that contracts have not been signed.

They told Telegraph Sport that Sigurdsson remains a Hoffenheim player and is due back in pre-season training next month.

Communications manager Holger Tromp said: “Since there has not been any contract written or even signed yet with Swansea, we need to still plan with Gylfi. He is a player with a regular contract in Hoffenheim and we expect him to be back in training on June 18th."

Unread 31-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Ah, nuts.

Unread 31-05-2012, 08:00 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
A Swansea City statement earlier this week said the club was delighted to have agreed terms with the player and club following Sigurdsson's hugely successful loan spell last season.

It was believed the 22-year-old would be joining the Swans’ for a fee of £6.8million subject to a medical.

However, on the day that Brendan Rodgers is due to complete his move to Liverpool, the Bundesliga club has reacted angrily to the initial story coming out of south Wales, claiming that contracts have not been signed.

They told Telegraph Sport that Sigurdsson remains a Hoffenheim player and is due back in pre-season training next month.

Communications manager Holger Tromp said: “Since there has not been any contract written or even signed yet with Swansea, we need to still plan with Gylfi. He is a player with a regular contract in Hoffenheim and we expect him to be back in training on June 18th."
there were pictures on ssn of him holding up a swansea shirt

Unread 31-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
Could've been from last season.

Unread 31-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain

Unread 31-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
I hope this doesn't mean Siggurdson to Liverpool.
He's back

Unread 31-05-2012, 08:12 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Speaking when he first signed in January, Sigurdsson said: “Brendan was a huge reason for me coming here. We had a quick chat, but he didn’t need to sell the move to me.

“He’s a terrific coach. I respect him as a manager and that’s really important.”

Nailed on going to the RS now,More wages and euro football

Unread 31-05-2012, 09:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
Speaking when he first signed in January, Sigurdsson said: “Brendan was a huge reason for me coming here. We had a quick chat, but he didn’t need to sell the move to me.

“He’s a terrific coach. I respect him as a manager and that’s really important.”

Nailed on going to the RS now,More wages and euro football
and the par league.

Unread 31-05-2012, 09:32 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dripping with arrogance and self-righteousness, sums them up to a t.

What a way to run a £#%&!ing forum. "here's the party line, tow it or you're gone." Why anyone sticks around there is beyond me.
is the a fred version of that forum?

Unread 31-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Good news rogers taking over at unfilled he's completely overrated and he basically just carried on Kenny Jackett, Roberto Martinez&Paolo Sousa's work.
It was Jackett who put the foundations down at Swansea
Theres nothing to fret about they may improve a little (a chimp could do that though) but it will still be business as usual for the deluded @#%&!s next season .

Unread 31-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
Good news rogers taking over at unfilled he's completely overrated and he basically just carried on Kenny Jackett, Roberto Martinez&Paolo Sousa's work.
It was Jackett who put the foundations down at Swansea
Theres nothing to fret about they may improve a little (a chimp could do that though) but it will still be business as usual for the deluded @#%&!s next season .
If he's good at carrying on other people's work, lets hope he caries on Rafa & KKK's then

Unread 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM
JakeB

Just watching his press conference, £#%&! me that new Liverpool kit looks like something fresh off a dodgy market

Warrior Loving their brand tagline.."We Come Not To Play":bi:

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Just watching his press conference, £#%&! me that new Liverpool kit looks like something fresh off a dodgy market

Warrior Loving their brand tagline.."We Come Not To Play":bi:
I liked it at first but haveing got used to it, I think it looks like a cheap polo shirt you would wear off the pitch on a football tour.

still, its not £#%&!ing gingham

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
Never fails to make me smile. What a shitty bullet we dodged there

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I liked it at first but haveing got used to it, I think it looks like a cheap polo shirt you would wear off the pitch on a football tour.

still, its not £#%&!ing gingham
it's

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
JakeB

By the way, anyone who thinks Liverpool aren't going to have another holocaust of a season under Rodgers, you should have just listened to that utter mong Ian Ayre at the press conference.

When asked to describe how the club will be run, he reassured them that there won't be a director of football...it will be "analysis by committee".

Jesus £#%&!ing Christ.

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
By the way, anyone who thinks Liverpool aren't going to have another holocaust of a season under Rodgers, you should have just listened to that utter mong Ian Ayre at the press conference.

When asked to describe how the club will be run, he reassured them that there won't be a director of football...it will be "analysis by committee".

Jesus £#%&!ing Christ.
A sort of directing of the football, if you will.

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
MUFC One Love

Big gamble getting Rodgers imo. Yeah, Swansea played good football and did well but sometimes things just fall into place at a club with the right players, he hasn't got the players at Liverpool to play the style he played at Swansea. Plus the scousers will be on his back as soon as they have a couple of bad results. The fact is they couldn't attract a top manager, they just aren't the club they once were and they need to admit it.

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
it's
you missed "haveing"

sloppy pal.

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Big gamble getting Rodgers imo. Yeah, Swansea played good football and did well but sometimes things just fall into place at a club with the right players, he hasn't got the players at Liverpool to play the style he played at Swansea. Plus the scousers will be on his back as soon as they have a couple of bad results. The fact is they couldn't attract a top manager, they just aren't the club they once were and they need to admit it.
Soon will, according to the Beeb gossip bit, he's signing 4 of them.
Closed Thread