United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:47 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Insider knowledge?

Early on it was mentioned offers would take into account potential CL qualification in the reports of who was bidding.
Fair point pure guesswork based on it not really making much sense

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:48 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
They’re incredibly successful investors. They’ve bought a club using external debt, used the club as security for that debt, used the club to pay the interest payments each year whilst also delivery to them an annual dividend before gearing up to sell the club for an estimated profit of £4+ billion.

It’s an insanely successful investment. The return on equity will be outrageous.
Surely both things are true?

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:52 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Sigh. The insider knowledge I was talking about is the takeover discussions. Are you implying that the figures currently bid are based on us winning the champions league next season, or even being in it? I’m saying they’re not, which they aren’t. Thanks for the nimbers though, it’s pretty interesting.
Speculation as fact. Interesting change from shite straw man.

You were originally saying that £30m wouldn't make a difference, make your mind up or stop guessing. The lack of significant increase in offer suggests something might have come up in the due diligence process, where they have more access to the numbers, but that's the closed book. They'll obviously have access to contracts with clauses on Champions League failure costs, etc. I'd expect it's more than just Adidas that have certain success criteria in their contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Oh absolutely, but that will surely involve at least *some* sense of when it might be a good time to finally bail out.
When they've wrung all they can out of the club.

Quote:
They’re incredibly successful investors. They’ve bought a club using external debt, used the club as security for that debt, used the club to pay the interest payments each year whilst also delivery to them an annual dividend before gearing up to sell the club for an estimated profit of £4+ billion.

It’s an insanely successful investment. The return on equity will be outrageous.
100% return. Utter filth.

Unread 08-05-2023, 07:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
All depends on the wolves game imo

Unread 08-05-2023, 09:14 PM
RedMenace

Quote:

I'd question how much they've had to do with the increased value. Maybe a little at the start in terms of commercial revenues but not in recent years. They were lucky that Fergie was able to keep the success going when the debt was at it's most threatening.

Unread 08-05-2023, 09:28 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I'd question how much they've had to do with the increased value. Maybe a little at the start in terms of commercial revenues but not in recent years. They were lucky that Fergie was able to keep the success going when the debt was at it's most threatening.
No definitely. Very little. A consequence of the prem becoming the most watched league in the world, Fergie’s success and the clubs enduring appeal.

That again paints them as savvy if not ludicrously undeserving investors - not actually having to do anything and the value of the club increases. These are the people that put Woodward in charge ffs.

Unread 09-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Nice little article here from Bellers 👍

Unread 09-05-2023, 12:32 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Exactly. It’s absolute nonsense. Love the idea of the Sheikh sat there looking at our fixtures for the run in before deciding exactly how much to bid ffs.

Btw sorry for calling you a @#%&! last night I was absolutely spangled.

Love this place

Unread 09-05-2023, 04:04 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/adamcrafton_/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Nice little article here from Bellers 👍
Just shows that they probably were already factoring in our ability to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.

Unread 09-05-2023, 04:18 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Just shows that they probably were already factoring in our ability to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.
or a piece placed by the Gimps to basically say we don't care if United are in the CL or not next year,we still want 6billion+

Unread 09-05-2023, 09:44 PM
Bonkon

Lots of noise that Qatar are the preferred bidder on twitter. Take with a pinch of salt I know.
Surely an announcement is due soon.
It's 2 weeks on Friday when the final bids were submitted.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkon
Lots of noise that Qatar are the preferred bidder on twitter. Take with a pinch of salt I know.
Can’t see anything on my feed and I follow some right £#%&!in liars.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Can’t see anything on my feed and I follow some right £#%&!in liars.
It's all a load of %@#$&!s mate.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkon
Seems a long time but I guess it will be challenging comparing apples with organges. It’s likely that both will come with different caveats and conditions which might need clarifying/re-assessing so it’s not a surprise it’s taking a bit of time. Unless one bid was streets ahead that is.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's all a load of %@#$&!s mate.
No, I honestly do.

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Ole coming home?

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:21 AM
Ethers

Pogback?!

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:34 AM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
So Beckham to get a nice gig for being an ambassador for the world cup in Qatar.

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
scholes in midfield next season NQAT

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Neville. So he can fight from within.