United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:52 AM
redhegemony

Default Wembley

No searching to get in seemed more concerned with jibbing - two lads in front of us made a valiant effort.

Catering was an utter shambles - choice of Budweiser (FFS) or Magners in cans £22.95 for 4. The staff had to pour the cans into paper cups and the Budweiser was 568ml which was bigger than the cup so they didn't even get the full can.
One person serving 3 queues whilst people behind opening cans and tipping them upside down into a cup.

The whole process looked like something out of a Church fete where people running a bar had never been in one and seemed oblivious that people preferred a beer to standing in a queue.

Shit to get to and from - should be sacked off.

Got a free scarf though.

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:56 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
No searching to get in seemed more concerned with jibbing - two lads in front of us made a valiant effort.

Catering was an utter shambles - choice of Budweiser (FFS) or Magners in cans £22.95 for 4. The staff had to pour the cans into paper cups and the Budweiser was 568ml which was bigger than the cup so they didn't even get the full can.
One person serving 3 queues whilst people behind opening cans and tipping them upside down into a cup.

The whole process looked like something out of a Church fete where people running a bar had never been in one and seemed oblivious that people preferred a beer to standing in a queue.

Shit to get to and from - should be sacked off.

Got a free scarf though.
The Scarves are being sold for 50-100 pounds on eBay

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:11 AM
wiganste

Yep - Wembley is gash. Getting in and out is a pain in the arse.
Didn't bother getting any food or drink once I seen the queues.

Re: jibbing - I seen quite a few get in where I was and 2 of my pals managed it

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:15 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yep - Wembley is gash. Getting in and out is a pain in the arse.
Didn't bother getting any food or drink once I seen the queues.

Re: jibbing - I seen quite a few get in where I was and 2 of my pals managed it
The stupid thing is because they don't organise it properly they don't sell as much as they could. They didn't have enough staff so no one was stocking the fridges.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:20 AM
shenwen

Who laid on the flags and scarves? The clubs or the sponsors?

So glad our lot got the scarves. Those flags were full on cringe, especially when they started waving them in the last five minutes.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:24 AM
magic_cantona

It's always been shit. I've only ever eaten there twice and once was in a box thingy. No way I'd ever pay for the utter shit they throw at you for the national debt of Nigeria. Millennium Stadium is much better - atmosphere, surrounding area and facilities.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:25 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

So glad our lot got the scarves. Those flags were full on cringe, especially when they started waving them in the last five minutes.
The club, saw a statement somewhere with a bit of needle towards the Geordies explaining that they picked scarfs instead of the plastic flags despite the extra cost as it was a better memento for the fans and more environmentally friendly than shitty one use plastic nonce flags.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:28 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
The club, saw a statement somewhere with a bit of needle towards the Geordies explaining that they picked scarfs instead of the plastic flags despite the extra cost as it was a better memento for the fans and more environmentally friendly than shitty one use plastic nonce flags.
Club getting something right.

The sound of those flapping sheets of plastic was awful. Meant to be a football match, not a parade at Disneyland.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Drexl

Well well well

everyone was well behaved and nobody got pepper-sprayed

VVG2C

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:34 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

That was them surrendering

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:10 PM
ryanMUFC

Top day.

Getting in was a piss take. You could just walk past the security doing the searches.

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:42 PM
andyroo

Didn't Arsenal do the flags before the champs league semi against us, then they were 3-0 down after twenty minutes and everyone left

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:43 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Glazers probably so there wouldn’t be as many, erm, Norwich scarves.

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Consistently one of the worst stadiums i've been to.

Searching was non existent, which was nice as I got a few #cans in. Lads on minimum wage not even remotely arsed... seemed an easy jib.

Horrible place. Looks and feels dated already, certainly in the concourse areas. Bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Didn't Arsenal do the flags before the champs league semi against us, then they were 3-0 down after twenty minutes and everyone left
Take your flags home, take your flags home, you're not going anywhere, we're going to Rome

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Absolutely hell going getting in and out, checking digital tickets FFS when a full on crush is happening around you .....

Got two lads in with me and aware of two others that got in....

Also after the game how are you holding thousands of people getting to wemberly station by blocking the only route with police and staff with cardboard signs saying stop go.....

Millennium will always be far far superior.....

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:59 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Absolutely hell going getting in and out, checking digital tickets FFS when a full on crush is happening around you .....

Also after the game how are you holding thousands of people getting to wemberly station by blocking the only route with police and staff with cardboard signs saying stop go.....

£#%&!ing shambles wasn't it? Makes getting to and from old trafford look easy.

Let's push both sets of fans into a bottleneck.

Kicked off on our platform a bit, unsurprisingly.

Unread 27-02-2023, 03:18 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£#%&!ing shambles wasn't it? Makes getting to and from old trafford look easy.

Let's push both sets of fans into a bottleneck.

Kicked off on our platform a bit, unsurprisingly.
Some biff in front of me kept shouting "manc @#%&!s" at the top of his lungs, was steaming but I'm surprised no one channel him. Some daft @#%&! in a shit suit singing about free scarves as well.

Getting in the ground was a massive ball ache, queues were huge. Plenty of jibbing though which is vg2c.

Unread 27-02-2023, 03:33 PM
Drexl

£#%&! me I'd have pepper sprayed the lot of you

Unread 27-02-2023, 03:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

It’s awful. Any time I’ve gone I just keep away from that. Even people who don’t want to go to the station get funnelled down there.

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It’s awful. Any time I’ve gone I just keep away from that. Even people who don’t want to go to the station get funnelled down there.
Like some weird dungeon and dragons thing, a moat to your right, dragons in the flats above laughing.....

Police mocking with tear gas drawn

Was getting nasty for the kids in there, they don't understand what's going on .....tears the lot .

A bridge getting further and further away, would be a disaster with the wrong type of fans.....

Thought it was being released as trains came in, but got the station and it was clear

Like a need to control people.....
Closed Thread