United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:07 AM
redhegemony

Default Have some realism

People on here comparing us to peak Fergie instead of the shite we have been for 10 years.

The bloke has been in the job for 6 months and has transformed the way we play.

Of course we are work in progress and can get better but we are light years from where we were.

People wanted Rashford sold and he is on fire. Every part of the team is better.

Enjoy the ride and ignore the bumps.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:12 AM
Dr Stranger

Beat Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs:

“Ok turning up for big games, but need to do it every week.

Beat Forest, Bournemouth, Everton:

“That won’t do against better teams”

19 wins in 26 games. 7 wins in a row. We’re getting there. Our progress is more notable than our problems right now.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:18 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
People on here comparing us to peak Fergie instead of the shite we have been for 10 years.

Of course we are work in progress and can get better but we are light years from where we were.

People wanted Rashford sold and he is on fire. Every part of the team is better.

Are you ok?

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:20 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Are you ok?
Don't worry Laurel your boy will be on tomorrow and you can start slating people again....

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:21 AM
Chris Quayd

Never seen Hedgers this angry, wonder which fredster set him off?

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:29 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Are you ok?
All good. We are 4th in the League and have just beaten some scousers for the third time this season. 4th round FA Cup, quarter final fizzy pop and 2 big games against Barca coming up.

I'm enjoying the football.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:38 AM
Drexl

Quote:

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:19 AM
ryanMUFC

Haven’t felt this way about United since Ole was a caretaker manager (less so after).

We were playing some good stuff tonight before the goalkeeping mistake.

7 wins in a row. We’re looking good and it’s obvious that we don’t have all the pieces.

City drew with Everton last week and they supposed to be amazing.

Get past the addicts and give it to city.

Unread 07-01-2023, 02:18 AM
TravellingRed

Thought this was a thread about art, massively disappointed. Yhbr

Unread 07-01-2023, 03:16 AM
Pepe le Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Haven’t felt this way about United since Ole was a caretaker manager (less so after).
Honestly, while we had undoubtedly gone to shit by the time Solskjaer got sacked, who can forget the last game we played before the world went mental?

Ole's reign was by far the most enjoyable period to watch United twixt Fergie and Ten Hag. Anyone who says otherwise is talking absolute rot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
give it to city.
100% this. Just like we did several times under Ole.

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:34 AM
shenwen

Scouse mate last night admitted we're looking good but said we won't do it against the big teams. Had to ask him if Liverpool were still a big team.

Unread 07-01-2023, 08:09 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Don't worry Laurel your boy will be on tomorrow and you can start slating people again....

Strange lie.

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Beat Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs:

“Ok turning up for big games, but need to do it every week.

Beat Forest, Bournemouth, Everton:

“That won’t do against better teams”

19 wins in 26 games. 7 wins in a row. We’re getting there. Our progress is more notable than our problems right now.
This.

We can't win, there's always an excuse for people to use about our results.

It's clear we are going in the right direction. He has been here for 6 months and the team looks coached, there seems to be an actual style of play developing. Something we have not had for years.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:15 PM
jem

who is complaining about the direction of travel?

I see people complaining about specific players (usual suspects), areas that need improving, moments of sloppiness, etc. I don't see anyone being unrealistic about the task confronting 10h or his attempts so far.

being broadly happy doesn't meant not having an opinion when shit happens.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

I see people complaining about specific players (usual suspects), areas that need improving, moments of sloppiness, etc. I don't see anyone being unrealistic about the task confronting 10h or his attempts so far.

Because in doing so there’s seemingly a failure to acknowledge what’s improved. There’s bemoaning losing control of a game for ten minutes, when we never used to have control of them at all. There’s bemoaning poor finishing in games where we’re bagging three goals. We never used to win that comfortably.

To be happy with the progress and trajectory, I think you actually have to say it. Some are as vociferous in their complaints/opinions now as this time last year.

I missed most of the Bournemouth game. I saw we were one up. I came on here and it was all ‘what the £#%&! is going on?’, ‘we’ve completely stopped playing’, ‘this is awful’…..checked the score and it was 2-0

There’s a lot of ‘yeah, but…’ to every good thing we’re doing now. It’s not that it’s unfounded, but jeez…enjoy it.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:25 PM
believe

Does this mean the protests are off?

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:32 PM
pedr0

Last night was great fun. How could you not have enjoyed it? Winning an end to end cup tie against the scousers at home on a Friday night. To me utd never once looked in danger of going out and always felt we had an extra gear in us.

Then you read the match thread and the majority of the posts are negative. Complaining that we didn't "control" the game because we didn't limit the opposition to 20% possession and 0 shots on goal. Complaining that we might lose to city and arsenal if we play like that.

Well yeah maybe we will lose. Because there are now better teams than us and that's been the case for 10 years. How can you still be relentlessly angry about that? And guess what, even when we were the best we still didn't win every game and we certainly didn't "control" every game.

If you seriously will only be happy if we stifle the opposition for the entire 90 minutes playing guardiola type possession football then you never will be happy. And you can't have enjoyed much of 93-13 either. So for your sake and ours please stop watching utd. I'm so sick of the entitlement.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:36 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Some seem to have forgotten how utterly terrible we were: shapeless and clueless with discontented players and fans. We've gone from being a side of disjointed individuals some of whom were poisonous to a team who work hard for each other and are being continually improved.

The transformation of Shaw, Dalot and Rashford in a short time has been astonishing. I guess I just don't get people who seem to enjoy moaning when there's so much to be positive about. Seeing us play attacking vibrant football is a joy.

Lukaku - Fellani- Lingard - Pogba.....those were dark dark days. And people moan about Antony...

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Because in doing so there’s seemingly a failure to acknowledge what’s improved. There’s bemoaning losing control of a game for ten minutes, when we never used to have control of them at all. There’s bemoaning poor finishing in games where we’re bagging three goals. We never used to win that comfortably.

To be happy with the progress and trajectory, I think you actually have to say it. Some are as vociferous in their complaints/opinions now as this time last year.

I missed most of the Bournemouth game. I saw we were one up. I came on here and it was all ‘what the £#%&! is going on?’, ‘we’ve completely stopped playing’, ‘this is awful’…..checked the score and it was 2-0

There’s a lot of ‘yeah, but…’ to every good thing we’re doing now. It’s not that it’s unfounded, but jeez…enjoy it.
match threads, especially, are reactive to moments. they're not the place for reflection on how we've improved (although there are still "this is so much more fun than it used to be" comments).

who hasn't acknowledged we've improved? it's so £#%&!ing obvious. cass and eriksen instead of mcfred. martinez instead of maguire. forwards are fit. except sancho.

Quote:
Some seem to have forgotten how utterly terrible we were: shapeless and clueless with discontented players and fans. We've gone from being a side of disjointed individuals some of whom were poisonous to a team who work hard for each other and are being continually improved.

The transformation of Shaw, Dalot and Rashford in a short time has been astonishing. I guess I just don't get people who seem to enjoy moaning when there's so much to be positive about. Seeing us play attacking vibrant football is a joy.

Lukaku - Fellani- Lingard - Pogba.....those were dark dark days. And people moan about Antony...
shaw and rashford were always quality. dalot is playing better (more consistently). people are moaning about martial and about our casual approach and giving the ball away easily. hell, some people are even complaining about tyrell mighty mouse looking out of his depth.

I don't think anyone misses lukaku, pogba, lingard, fellaini or ronaldo.

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone compare the current team to peak fergie (or even mediocre fergie)

There’s lots of work to be done. We have a fantastic manager who is is instilling discipline , control and development. Something we have lacked.

We also have a core developing which means we don’t need half a team every season . We have been winning regularly and football has been enjoyable.

I don’t know why you anyone get annoyed when people are enjoying their football team .

New owners on the horizon adds to optimism . There is a lot of work to do but the ride is atleast starting to get enjoyable and there is nothing wrong with that . There is no point watching football or sport if you can’t enjoy the journey
Closed Thread