Bunker Buster

Gap closed on Chelsea....

We could be within 3/5 for the title...

It's still doable..

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:04 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's £#%&!ing crazy. Their performances are deemed shit before they walk on the pitch, and how they actually perform matters not a jot. Works the other way round as well, some players are considered to have played well regardless of how shit they were

Smalling got it in the neck yesterday as well, for what I have no idea, he had £#%&! all to do
Agree with that - the counter argument is that any midfield that features fellaini is automatically pretty crap - i.e. Slow and ineffective.

The bad choice yesterday was selecting mata.

Thought I'd wake up and feel better about yesterday - a point away at stoke isn't that bad. But am still gutted

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Agree with that - the counter argument is that any midfield that features fellaini is automatically pretty crap - i.e. Slow and ineffective.

The bad choice yesterday was selecting mata.

Thought I'd wake up and feel better about yesterday - a point away at stoke isn't that bad. But am still gutted
1 player out of the 3 can't render the other 2 slow and ineffective tbf.

Honestly trying not to mention Mata

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep, obviously we just ain't scoring enough goals. not enough players are getting into positions to score goals and even when they do they're missing chances

I know he was average in the first half last week but Carrick HAS to start every game. He really is our only midfielder with any composure and can allow Pogba and Herrera the freedom to get forward and pitch in with goals

We're an injury to Ibra away from the season being over.
or transformed.

zlatan has missed a few and had a some quiet games, but overall he's been fantastic, scoring plenty, bringing players into the game, setting our game up, inspiring and motivating the rest...

but i still wanna see rashford and martial buzzing together, without zlatan and without rooney. would be better if we'd seen that more already so unlikely to see it between now and summer much while we've still got so much to lose.

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
or transformed.

zlatan has missed a few and had a some quiet games, but overall he's been fantastic, scoring plenty, bringing players into the game, setting our game up, inspiring and motivating the rest...

but i still wanna see rashford and martial buzzing together, without zlatan and without rooney. would be better if we'd seen that more already so unlikely to see it between now and summer much while we've still got so much to lose.
Still itching to see...

Carrick

Herrera Pogba

Mkhi Rashers Martial

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
1 player out of the 3 can't render the other 2 slow and ineffective tbf.

Honestly trying not to mention Mata
Not sure about that - he's just not very good at anything as far as I can see - anything that goes through him becomes tainted in some way. But I agree that he wasn't the issue yesterday - that's if you're going to keep him at united and play him from time to time.

And constantly howling at how shit he is even when he isn't being totally shit is utterely pointless.

Impressed with your non mata criticism so far. it's early in the day though - you'll break at some point.

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Still itching to see...

Carrick

Herrera Pogba

Mkhi Rashers Martial

i want to see them as a partnership ahead of a 10, or ahead of a diamond, or with wide men, or even with wing backs... there's loads of options but we're still lacking a lee sharpe 90/91. or a giggs.

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Not sure about that - he's just not very good at anything as far as I can see - anything that goes through him becomes tainted in some way. But I agree that he wasn't the issue yesterday - that's if you're going to keep him at united and play him from time to time.

And constantly howling at how shit he is even when he isn't being totally shit is utterely pointless.

Impressed with your non mata criticism so far. it's early in the day though - you'll break at some point.
Nope. felt for him a bit tbh

Surely Felli is just a placeholder until reinforcements arrive?

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:33 AM
andyroo

Quote:
I was still buzzing about the late, brilliant goal last night. Sure it's not a great result but it could've been much worse.

Chin up Keith, don't go all andyroo on us...

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:44 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Gap closed on Chelsea....

We could be within 3/5 for the title...

It's still doable..

14 points ahead of us after they play tonight. It's over. Even if they slipped, it won't be us taking advantage. 2nd should still be in our sights though.

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:47 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I was still buzzing about the late, brilliant goal last night. Sure it's not a great result but it could've been much worse.

Chin up Keith, don't go all andyroo on us...
indeed.

Unread 22-01-2017, 11:50 AM
saffers

Not losing in the league since 23rd Oct to the current league leaders who have won 14 out of their last 15 league games....

Unread 22-01-2017, 01:08 PM
barca99

Simply have to win our next 4, at least. Games ticking by and we still arnt moving.

Win the next 4, 3 at home to utter shit and we should be just about in there

Unread 22-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Simply have to win our next 4, at least. Games ticking by and we still arnt moving.

Win the next 4, 3 at home to utter shit and we should be just about in there
I wouldn't think too far ahead. Hull next, a cup final to get into and then a tough one at Leicester. I know they're not firing this season, but they'll be bang up for that and they've had their moments this season. I don't think any away game for us is that easy. We rarely score more than once or twice.

One game, or at least one week at a time

Unread 22-01-2017, 01:12 PM
dunk

We really need a 4 or 5-0 job from one of these games we dominate, give them the belief and confidence that the goals are there. Also need someone else to get a bit streaky and go on a scoring run.

@#%&!ting a shit and decimated Hull at OT in the semi would've helped.

Unread 22-01-2017, 04:26 PM
dunk

We have 5 midfielders. One is 35, one is an outcast and one is Fellaini. He has to be picked at some point; you can whinge and spout shit about his inclusion as much as you like, but there are no other options.

Unread 22-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Crumps

City have gone to shit
Liverpool are paying the price of their high pressing game
Spurs be Sprus and Arse be Arse.
We will finish second quite easily.

Unread 22-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
It's £#%&!ing crazy. Their performances are deemed shit before they walk on the pitch, and how they actually perform matters not a jot. Works the other way round as well, some players are considered to have played well regardless of how shit they were

Smalling got it in the neck yesterday as well, for what I have no idea, he had £#%&! all to do
Yeah like Danny Welbeck.

Unread 22-01-2017, 04:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Yeah like Danny Welbeck.
:£#%&!er: the original whipping boy. Scored 9 in 11 games and still got constant abuse.

Unread 22-01-2017, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Agree. The odd one for me was Mata. He was always going to find it tough
Still no excuse for that miss, though
Closed Thread