United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:23 AM
dragflick

Absolutely mental people don't think Lingard is a good enough squad player. Should we just have a squad of just 11 world class players then and nobody else? Players like him are essential, local lad loves the club, won't cause any shit if he's left out for a few games etc, will do a job if he comes into the side if/when needed. 96k is the new 40k for footballers wages, it's 2016 where the top players are on 250k+ Crying about how much he's on

Good luck to him, valuable squad player. Dab on

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:25 AM
chooch

Works out at about 5k a dab. Value for money imo.

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:34 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch
Works out at about 5k a dab. Value for money imo.
thats some expensive mandy!

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:47 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Absolutely mental people don't think Lingard is a good enough squad player. Should we just have a squad of just 11 world class players then and nobody else? Players like him are essential, local lad loves the club, won't cause any shit if he's left out for a few games etc, will do a job if he comes into the side if/when needed. 96k is the new 40k for footballers wages, it's 2016 where the top players are on 250k+ Crying about how much he's on

Its 2017 tbf.

(Agree with the rest btw)

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Its 2017 tbf.

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:48 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
probably the stranged comparison I've heard in a while, NQAT

Park was a grafter, a little terrier bastard who never let the opposition have too much time on the ball.... loved that guy.....

Lingard is an occasionally tricky wide/central player who gets the odd goal and assist. Has flashes of brilliance - the cross for zlat the other week, the leicester goal, cup final goal... but not remotely consistent enough to be anywhere near the first team sheet most of the time.... as I said, good squad player at best
Exactly.

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:57 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Its 2017 tbf.

(Agree with the rest btw)
He agreed it in 2016, just not been announced 'til now... [SIZE="1"](Just made that up)

Unread 13-01-2017, 01:38 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
He agreed it in 2016, just not been announced 'til now... [SIZE="1"](Just made that up)

Unread 13-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Too inconsistent for me, I cannot remember the last time he played well when starting a game. Keep him a sub, has a bit of pace an energy for the last 20 minutes. £95k a week though for that
I dont know what his goals/assists record is for us, but can't imagine it's good. Too lightweight and inconsistent to ever be a regular starter for us, he just doesn't offer much beyond some prosaic qualities. Let's be honest, he offers less than Ashley Young did when he was getting games.

Unread 13-01-2017, 02:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
I dont know what his goals/assists record is for us, but can't imagine it's good. Too lightweight and inconsistent to ever be a regular starter for us, he just doesn't offer much beyond some prosaic qualities. Let's be honest, he offers less than Ashley Young did when he was getting games.
No. Didn't Young go 18 months without a goal?

Unread 13-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No. Didn't Young go 18 months without a goal?
What about assists? Lingaard is awful - it's amazing people have questioned whether the likes of Smalling, Blind, Valencia and Herrera are good enough to be squad players for us, and yet give Lingaard a pass .

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:00 PM
dragflick

Quote:
What about assists? Lingaard is awful - it's amazing people have questioned whether the likes of Smalling, Blind, Valencia and Herrera are good enough to be squad players for us, and yet give Lingaard a pass .
Who the £#%&! questions that?!

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:02 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
I dont know what his goals/assists record is for us, but can't imagine it's good.
Gr8 insight there Fisters.

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Who the £#%&! questions that?!
When he went through a shit spell last season, some were questioning Anders and whether he had the balls for it at United.

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:10 PM
doudou

Quote:
When he went through a shit spell last season, some were questioning Anders and whether he had the balls for it at United.
Yes and Anders made them eat their words with his starring displays for Preston

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

this.

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:

This. I don't really get the hate, he's not the greatest but I've seen far worse than him.

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This. I don't really get the hate, he's not the greatest but I've seen far worse than him.
It's because he's used social media. The absolute monster.

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's because he's used social media. The absolute monster.
He has? In that case hang him

Unread 13-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Jack Duckworth

his wages are irrelevant tbh; it's all monopoly money now anyway. the only question should be: is he good enough to be a squad player with us?
Closed Thread