United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Stick to wrestling pal.
He's like a modern day Val Venis. Has his moments but not a main eventer.

Unread 12-01-2017, 11:55 PM
dunk

The story has gone

Unread 13-01-2017, 12:00 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The story has gone
Hmm so it has. Odd. Here's where they got it from

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...gard-contract/

Unread 13-01-2017, 12:03 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's like a modern day Val Venis. Has his moments but not a main eventer.

Unread 13-01-2017, 01:10 AM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

As someone used to say

NFT

Unread 13-01-2017, 01:25 AM
armchair

the squad would be unbalanced without a couple of fringe players for morons to irrationally hate imo.

Unread 13-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's like a modern day Park but not as good.
My gripe with Lingard is when he starts it tends to be at the expense of someone with a lot more to offer the attack.

Park was the perfect player to add to midfield when you feared being over run in the middle, his inclusion often also allowed the necessary freedom for Ronaldo to stay as high as possible.

Unread 13-01-2017, 05:34 AM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Good news

Unread 13-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Too inconsistent for me, I cannot remember the last time he played well when starting a game. Keep him a sub, has a bit of pace an energy for the last 20 minutes. £95k a week though for that

Personally I have an irrational dislike for him. I cannot stand his attitude. It screams of 'Billy Big Time' and thinks he is something special. Just play football and stop with the acting up like you think you are Pogba's long lost twin.

Unread 13-01-2017, 07:18 AM
puressence

well deserved

Unread 13-01-2017, 07:45 AM
tatty

He's obviously talented but flaky with it.

Could do with a Roy Keane to knock it out of him.

Unread 13-01-2017, 09:08 AM
Sapien

I think he should be moved to full back.

Unread 13-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

I like him good option in some games. Never going to be an undroppable first teamer I don't think, but a much better squad player than most fans (mostly ours...) give him credit for. Considering some of the shit the likes of liverpool and city have to put on the bench, I think he underlines our strength in depth rather well.

Unread 13-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Baron

I just hate his face.

He does have great movement though tbf to the lad, if he could get some consistency to his game & score a few more as above he'll be here for a long time.

He's growing on me, might nickname the lad The Tumor.

Unread 13-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Finport Red

well done to him. Looks chuffed to bits with the deal

Unread 13-01-2017, 10:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I just hate his face.

He does have great movement though tbf to the lad, if he could get some consistency to his game & score a few more as above he'll be here for a long time.

He's growing on me, might nickname the lad The Tumor.
Think he'll get better tbh. Do think he's suffering a bit confidence and form wise this year, still contributing and working hard though.

Unread 13-01-2017, 10:52 AM
ZiggyStardust

He's the modern day equivalent of Ji Sung Park

Don't think he'll ever be good enough to command a regular place in the side but a good squad option

He's really capable of moments of great quality but too often he just seems to play within himself
Needs to develop more self-confidence and he could really become a player

95k sounds like a lot but it's now probably the average wage in a first team squad for one of Europe's top clubs

Unread 13-01-2017, 10:56 AM
itisme_panaflex

not sure I'd liken him to park.

He blows hot and cold, and can go missing in games. I don't remember Park going missing often. He worked his bollox off even if it was futile.

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:00 AM
believe

He hasn't got a single element to his game that he can improve on. He's not a goal scorer, he's not a pacey wide man, he's not a great passer if the ball or physical enough to ever become a quality midfielder. He's a mediocre bag of shit and he always will be. I'm hoping this deal, similar to Fellaini's, is to safeguard us losing any money on him.

Unread 13-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
not sure I'd liken him to park.

He blows hot and cold, and can go missing in games. I don't remember Park going missing often. He worked his bollox off even if it was futile.
probably the stranged comparison I've heard in a while, NQAT

Park was a grafter, a little terrier bastard who never let the opposition have too much time on the ball.... loved that guy.....

Lingard is an occasionally tricky wide/central player who gets the odd goal and assist. Has flashes of brilliance - the cross for zlat the other week, the leicester goal, cup final goal... but not remotely consistent enough to be anywhere near the first team sheet most of the time.... as I said, good squad player at best
Closed Thread