United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2014, 04:37 PM
eusker

Default Characters who sit near you at the match

People you don't know but see all the time.

We used to have Harold Bishop, Legohead, Slugworth* and The Moog.

*From the Gene Wilder version of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

Unread 16-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Old Mathers

Any Fergie Stand Fredsters - before I say too much about the neighbours

Unread 16-09-2014, 05:14 PM
TravellingRed

Used to sit near the guy who looked a bit like Fabian Barthez in the Stretford End and dressed in full goalie kit

Unread 16-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Sparky***

Used to sit next to a lad who was about 18. Always drunk. Always.

8pm kick off or 11:45am - he was there, sozzled. Used to drink Vodka and coke out of a 500ml coca cola bottle and get more rowdy as the game went on.

When people used to leave 10 mins before the end he used to stand up and shout (to the tune of 'we all hate leeds scum') "Miss the traffic, Miss the traffic, Miss the traffic.."

Weird kid.

Unread 16-09-2014, 05:18 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Used to see that guy/fan from the Eric the King video.

"My kids call me Eric, my wife calls me Eric, Evan my cats called Eric,"
That guy. Spit he was too tbf.
had the same tattoo aswell.

Unread 16-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Zorg

There was a guy we called 'walk it in' as he was always getting angry about the team not shooting. 'They're trying to walk it in!'. I'd love to know what he made of the shit@#%&!s, he probably died of a heart attack in 2012.

Unread 16-09-2014, 05:58 PM
otbarney

I used to sit next to some right weird yonner £#%&!er from Bolton.

Then I found out it was Wonky No.

His mate was the spit of Peter Kay.

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:00 PM
magic_cantona

Used to sit near one helmet who used to take pride in telling people how he always called Phil Neville, Phil '#@&%!'.

"That's what I call him, isn't it love?"

"Yeeeeah....."

"Look, there he is! Pass it to a red shirt Phil #@&%!".

And for a brief period, I used to sit near a fellow Welsh United fan who used to assume that, because he was Welsh, he was perfectly ok to slate Giggsy. He only had one phrase tbf.

"£#%&!ing hell, Giggs!".

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:05 PM
suedeshoes

"I used to" getting a good airing.

I 'used to' sit next to my mates #luhg

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

Priced out etc

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:07 PM
ryanMUFC

There's plenty near me I must be in the epicentre of them all. One lad that's probably a 40 year old virgin; wears a united ring, 2 united rubber bracelets and the same replica shirt every game. There's c**kney that comes to the game with his ipad kitted head to toe in official merch, he cheers loudly if a London side is getting beaten on the screen pre kick off of our game. Someone from Runcorn behind that moans about scousers and complains about the shittest things for 90mins. A scruffy lad that wears his track suit bottoms upto his chest (no exaggeration).

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Used to sit near one helmet who used to take pride in telling people how he always called Phil Neville, Phil '#@&%!'.

"That's what I call him, isn't it love?"

"Yeeeeah....."

"Look, there he is! Pass it to a red shirt Phil #@&%!".

And for a brief period, I used to sit near a fellow Welsh United fan who used to assume that, because he was Welsh, he was perfectly ok to slate Giggsy. He only had one phrase tbf.

"£#%&!ing hell, Giggs!".
£#%&! me that was unlucky.

Hopefully your third match goes better pal.

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Used to sit near a right £#%&!ing moaning southern @#%&! with a ginger beard. He'd spend all £#%&!ing game moaning and slagging the team off, it got incredibly tedious. A couple of times I lost my rag with him and had a pop but it only shut him up for a while.

The @#%&! must have spent a fortune on tickets and travel but didn't seem to derive any pleasure from it judging by his constant whinging. Weird

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:29 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Used to sit near a right £#%&!ing moaning southern @#%&! with a ginger beard. He'd spend all £#%&!ing game moaning and slagging the team off, it got incredibly tedious. A couple of times I lost my rag with him and had a pop but it only shut him up for a while.

The @#%&! must have spent a fortune on tickets and travel but didn't seem to derive any pleasure from it judging by his constant whinging. Weird
Uh oh, Jaffo won't be happy.

Unread 16-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Coracao

My favourite United character was from the north stand in the 90s (not sat there since). He used to spend the entire game just berating the linesman. Not sure if he ever commented on anything else, just constant abuse to the poor @#%&! running the line

Unread 16-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Child of Darkness

Used to sit/stand behind a dad n lad from Manchester whose catch phrase was shouted at the top of his voice "Savage him Roy"

"He's like a £#%&!ing Hoover "

We used to sit and wait for him to say it every game . Oh the joys

Unread 16-09-2014, 07:20 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Used to sit near the guy who looked a bit like Fabian Barthez in the Stretford End and dressed in full goalie kit
I used to see him all the time

I used to sit near a guy who always wore a crocodile dundee hat

Unread 16-09-2014, 07:37 PM
djsst

Sat next to a lad in K when the aways used to stand in front of us.....All he did every game is pick one out and point at him the whole game whilst mouthing " outside" . He was alright to be fair.

Unread 16-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

Saw Nodders at Scholesy's testimonial. Shouted Nodders and got funny looks.

Unread 16-09-2014, 08:03 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Used to sit next to a lad who was about 18. Always drunk. Always.

8pm kick off or 11:45am - he was there, sozzled. Used to drink Vodka and coke out of a 500ml coca cola bottle and get more rowdy as the game went on.

When people used to leave 10 mins before the end he used to stand up and shout (to the tune of 'we all hate leeds scum') "Miss the traffic, Miss the traffic, Miss the traffic.."

Weird kid.
Has deepers ever been to OT?
Closed Thread