United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What a £#%&!ing moron you are throb. How's your conversational Dutch these days? What about German or Catalan?

Our manager as it turns out can speak all of them including English, which isn't perfect as it turns out so he may fall back on certain phrases and words he feels comfortable using.

The word "philosophy" is a broad term he's using to illustrate the way of playing he wants to get across at the club, which as it turns out is drastically different from anything we've done in the last 20 years.
ffs

tbf there wasn't a philosophy before LVG at United. During Ferguson's successful years we had to rely on just the usual teamwork, team spirit, tactics and formations using quality players

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Don't even think it's a lack of English. He uses the term to describe his ideas and way of doing things, applied to all aspect of management.

And his way of doing things is something everyone has to get used to.

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

the combination of preconceived ideas, freedom of speech and pixels on a screen is a source of endless fun, a huge almost infinite reservoir of bewilderment to tap into

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't even think it's a lack of English. He uses the term to describe his ideas and way of doing things, applied to all aspect of management.

And his way of doing things is something everyone has to get used to.
apparently I just won't get that until he can speak perfect english

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:46 PM
denis lawless

ladies and gentlemen...please welcome back to the forum....the one and only......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
do you rate him though?

seems like you don't
Well the record speaks for itself, tbh.

Tumescent has already referred to our new manager as an 'ugly @#%&!' and a 'pretentious @#%&!', whilst condescendingly mocking his grasp of English and patronizingly mimicking a number of his statements.

I had my suspicions when he first returned and they've certainly been confirmed, and I think it's clear as day what his opinions are. He's desperate for Van Gaal to fail, and it's eating him up inside to see him as manager.

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:47 PM
The Return of JC

Still unwilling to answer a simple question I see

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
can't you get someone to search my post history?

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:51 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

Quote:
youve no chance of getting an answer JC.....no point in refreshing the page....waste of fingerage

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:52 PM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
jeez who would want to do that?

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Old Mathers

He's just another internet #@&%!head on a wum

Unread 29-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
jeez who would want to do that?

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:03 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
You could just answer. you know, as part of the conversation.

I'm not even being a dick about it. I was genuinely interested. but sod ya then!

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
You could just answer. you know, as part of the conversation.

I'm not even being a dick about it. I was genuinely interested. but sod ya then!
there are many aspects of LVG's football management style that I admire. how about you?

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:32 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
there are many aspects of LVG's football management style that I admire. how about you?
I admire many aspects of his management too.

Well isn't this nice?

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:40 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
he struggles with his English at times. .....THAT'S your gripe?

yeah, get a thesaurus you foreign DICK!
Tottenham´s Pochettino came good last night - his first interview without an interpreter - very good presser debut - succinct, got it first time.

LvG? Why use a sentence when a paragraph will do? Waffle philosophy, more philosophy, ramble £#%&!ing ramble and more philosophy....

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:48 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You're better than this...

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:52 PM
kid napper

Quote:
ffs

tbf there wasn't a philosophy before LVG at United. During Ferguson's successful years we had to rely on just the usual teamwork, team spirit, tactics and formations using quality players
Isn't that a philosophy

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:53 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Tottenham´s Pochettino came good last night - his first interview without an interpreter - very good presser debut - succinct, got it first time.

LvG? Why use a sentence when a paragraph will do? Waffle philosophy, more philosophy, ramble £#%&!ing ramble and more philosophy....
cant believe we're actually criticising his communicative limitations in a second language. talk about scraping the £#%&!ing barrel!

part of the repetition is also due to his total disdain towards the press. how many times does he start an answer with something along the lines of 'as I have already said to you. ..'. He's not naturally comfortable being interviewed and doesn't like answering questions he feels he's answered or that he feels are unecessary.

but we knew this. and we embraced it. but now we've played three games and not won any of them we're suddenly picking holes.

Unread 29-08-2014, 04:53 PM
dragflick

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred

You #@&%!.
Closed Thread