United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2014, 05:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
my point was, young got turned around maybe he could do the same with anderson. im not saying he is the solution to the midfield problem, just thought seeing as they might not sign another CM , he might be able to turn it around. guess not.
Hello pal, and congratulations on an admirable thread choice.

Unfortunately, the injury problems have probably done for Ando. As a young player, he had everything van Gaal would look for: talent, dynamism, pace and work-rate. Had he been 21 when LvG took over we could expect the world, but the years of physical problems have taken their toll. Another injury this summer, so no proper pre-season. Hard to see him ever getting into the kind of condition he'd need.

A year on loan or seeing out his contract from the sidelines, I suspect. An incredible waste

Unread 06-08-2014, 06:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Unfortunately, the injury problems have probably done for Ando. As a young player, he had everything van Gaal would look for: talent, dynamism, pace and work-rate. Had he been 21 when LvG took over we could expect the world, but the years of physical problems have taken their toll. Another injury this summer, so no proper pre-season. Hard to see him ever getting into the kind of condition he'd need.

A year on loan or seeing out his contract from the sidelines, I suspect. An incredible waste
Siders has conveniently missed out one of the principle issues with Anderson - his rank unprofessionalism.

Something that van gaal would have almost certainly looked out for and almost certainly wouldn't have tolerated - but why should any manager? Why should any manager have to motivate professional footballers, by definition one of the luckiest group of humans alive, to look after themselves? Rooney too - who knows how much better he could be if he looked after himself but at least he can finish a match with being doubled over hands on his knees.

Unread 06-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Neo

Quote:

Siders, don't make me drag you up from the canvass. The fat lady has not even warmed up her throat yet, let alone sang the final note.

This is the year for Big Ando, NQAT. He's had two tactical dinosaurs from north of the border managing him for the last 7 years, and now he's finally got a man who will be able to nurture and temper the incredible talent that has always been there.

The injury has been an annoyance, but it's nothing worse than anything the big man hasn't bounced back from previously. The experience in Italy will have given him a new appreciation for his situation at United. I'm predicting big things this season. Energy, power, workrate - everything that we've missed in that midfield hole for years. Whisper is quietly, but his well-known presence in the dressing room could also make him the dark horse for the armband IMO.

Unread 06-08-2014, 06:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Siders has conveniently missed out one of the principle issues with Anderson - his rank unprofessionalism.

Something that van gaal would have almost certainly looked out for and almost certainly wouldn't have tolerated - but why should any manager? Why should any manager have to motivate professional footballers, by definition one of the luckiest group of humans alive, to look after themselves? Rooney too - who knows how much better he could be if he looked after himself but at least he can finish a match with being doubled over hands on his knees.
I just find it hard to believe Ferguson would have tolerated the rank unprofessionalism you speak of. He clashed or criticised Rooney for it. Surely Anderson, who has achieved much less in the game, would have been binned long ago if he was as bad as suggested?

It's very tough to get match fit without playing. Anderson is never fit long enough to achieve it, really. He looked good last pre-season iirc.

Unread 06-08-2014, 06:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Siders, don't make me drag you up from the canvass. The fat lady has not even warmed up her throat yet, let alone sang the final note.

This is the year for Big Ando, NQAT. He's had two tactical dinosaurs from north of the border managing him for the last 7 years, and now he's finally got a man who will be able to nurture and temper the incredible talent that has always been there.

The injury has been an annoyance, but it's nothing worse than anything the big man hasn't bounced back from previously. The experience in Italy will have given him a new appreciation for his situation at United. I'm predicting big things this season. Energy, power, workrate - everything that we've missed in that midfield hole for years. Whisper is quietly, but his well-known presence in the dressing room could also make him the dark horse for the armband IMO.

Unread 06-08-2014, 06:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

It's very tough to get match fit without playing. Anderson is never fit long enough to achieve it, really. He looked good last pre-season iirc.
He has been visibly overweight for as long as I can remember now. He has been chronically unfit for as long as I can remember too. His nick name amongst team mates was KFC.

What you're perhaps confusing is fitness with the term match fit - the latter is surely about the final 1% sharpness that's needed to compete professionally at the top level - not the 99% needed to be at your ideal weight and able to run around for 90minutes.

Have no idea what ferguson was playing tbh. This clearly wasn't the only %@#$&! he dropped in recent years but it's easily one of the most galling.

Unread 06-08-2014, 07:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He has been visibly overweight for as long as I can remember now. He has been chronically unfit for as long as I can remember too. His nick name amongst team mates was KFC.

What you're perhaps confusing is fitness with the term match fit - the latter is surely about the final 1% sharpness that's needed to compete professionally at the top level - not the 99% needed to be at your ideal weight and able to run around for 90minutes.

Have no idea what ferguson was playing tbh. This clearly wasn't the only %@#$&! he dropped in recent years but it's easily one of the most galling.
He was always able to compete well for most of the match, but you're never match fit unless you're playing games. You can do all the preparation in the world, you'll always struggle to do 90".

Again, with the weight thing, do we really think Fergie would let him get away with actually being overweight? If so, definitely a disgrace. But I genuinely think there was an appreciation there that the lad suffers from chronic physical problems.

Unread 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
His nick name amongst team mates was KFC.
He's got a mate at one of the papers too?

Unread 06-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

That might be your worst post ever

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:03 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
He was always able to compete well for most of the match, but you're never match fit unless you're playing games. You can do all the preparation in the world, you'll always struggle to do 90".

Again, with the weight thing, do we really think Fergie would let him get away with actually being overweight? If so, definitely a disgrace. But I genuinely think there was an appreciation there that the lad suffers from chronic physical problems.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Quote:
"Anderson has an incredible talent," said Ferguson. "He loves training and playing. He wants to play every game and train every day.

"Maybe it is a good thing he has been injured for a spell because he can look at the situation. In some ways, I don't want to change his mentality because it is wonderful to see someone who wants to play every minute of every day."

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Zorg

Love footballers who like playing football.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:28 PM
S/Side.Red

It's just not the way I'd expect Fergie to talk about someone who is a rank unprofessional, is all.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It's just not the way I'd expect Fergie to talk about someone who is a rank unprofessional, is all.
The @#%&! signed Bebe and Zaha ffs. His judgement failed him towards the end.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I was just trying to be a @#%&!, sorry.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The @#%&! signed Bebe and Zaha ffs. His judgement failed him towards the end.
And barely gave Bebe a kick.

He liked Ando's attitude. Fact.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
He was always able to compete well for most of the match
Would that be the 17 odd full matches he's managed in 7 years?

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:39 PM
92ToBury

Anderson will be playing in La Liga in September nqat.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Anderson will be playing in La Liga in September nqat.
Really doubt it, tbh

The Middle East or back to Brazil at best for chubs, I'd guess.

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:54 PM
My Name is Keith

Closed Thread