United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:10 PM
rafabio

good signing. And no doubt an agreement to pay less for lallana which helps southampton too (as they have to pay 25% of lallana fee to bournemouth)

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:15 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
good signing. And no doubt an agreement to pay less for lallana which helps southampton too (as they have to pay 25% of lallana fee to bournemouth)
you have let the mask slip there.........

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Sheringham had a lot of top flight and international experience though. Plus he could play a bit and didn't have to do much running.
Neither will Lambert with all that pace around him, tbf. You suspect he'll be thrown on in the last 20-30 for a different option.

Not saying he's a great player, but he's probably a little underrated. Pochettino seemed very impressed with him.

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:19 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Neither will Lambert with all that pace around him, tbf. You suspect he'll be thrown on in the last 20-30 for a different option.

Not saying he's a great player, but he's probably a little underrated. Pochettino seemed very impressed with him.
a beast in the air and good on free kicks. Good impact player.

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
a beast in the air and good on free kicks. Good impact player.
And yet you hate Barkley, pal?

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:29 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And yet you hate Barkley, pal?
20m for barkley, great.
30m for barkely, justifiable
50m £#%&! off (that is what it will take to get him because of the hype)

4m plus add ons. Good deal that. They will get alberto moreno also if real don't sell coentrao

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Definite bargain potential at that price. Let's hope he's woefully out of his depth. Rodgers had a terrible window last summer.

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Big Norm

He's £#%&!ing dogshit. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a dipper or a moron (these are not mutually exclusive btw).

Unread 29-05-2014, 08:32 PM
n48

Decent player. Good in the air. Good at free kicks. Will score more than united's strikers.

Unread 29-05-2014, 09:26 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Really solid buy IMHO

Unread 29-05-2014, 09:30 PM
ralph

Thought he was £#%&!ing useless this season. Good signing Brendan, more like this please.

Unread 29-05-2014, 09:44 PM
armchair

he's the new jari litmanen

Unread 29-05-2014, 09:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
he's the new jari litmanen
Except that he was actually a good player. In his wisdom though, Houllier thought that Heskey was better

Unread 29-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Chipsauce

For an initial £4m it's a decent bit of business IMO.

Cheap 3rd choice striker who's proven to score double figures...

Unread 29-05-2014, 10:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Except that he was actually a good player. In his wisdom though, Houllier thought that Heskey was better
Was delighted that didn't work out, it was awful seeing Litmanen tog out for those bastards

Unread 29-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Withers

It's not a bad signing.

Need to bulk out their squad now they are in Europe and I imagine he will start a lot of cup games to give the main forwards a rest and also provide something different from the bench.

Suarez £#%&!s off though and it will look like and awful signing.

Unread 29-05-2014, 10:25 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper
utterly embarrasing. Looks lke our top two targets are Lallana & Lambert.Its like going back to summer 2011.
This rat chomper nails it tbf. Can't imagine for a second this is the type of player they were hoping or expecting they'd be in for.

I wonder if Stevie Me will let him take the penalties*

*I don't wonder at all. Of course he won't, the camera-bothering Roy-of-the-Rovers @#%&!.

Unread 29-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
It's not a bad signing.

Need to bulk out their squad now they are in Europe and I imagine he will start a lot of cup games to give the main forwards a rest and also provide something different from the bench.

Suarez £#%&!s off though and it will look like and awful signing.
If Suarez leaves, they will make (or attempt to make) a big, like-for-like signing. They've got Champions League to offer and a decent enough wedge of cash to spend. I wouldn't expect Lambert to be it.

Unread 29-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
He's £#%&!ing dogshit. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a dipper or a moron (these are not mutually exclusive btw).
%@#$&!s. 13 goals in 31 league games last season. Plenty as a sub. Especially good if you factor in assists, flawless penalty taking and the fact that Southampton weren't reliant (see Bony) with Rodriguez getting 15.

He's obviously nowhere near top rank but you'd do well to get better backup/3rd choice for £4m. Dzeko - for example - was £27m and got 16 last year.

He'll score 7-11 goals. Someone will spend £10m on a player who scores one.

Unread 29-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
If Suarez leaves, they will make (or attempt to make) a big, like-for-like signing. They've got Champions League to offer and a decent enough wedge of cash to spend. I wouldn't expect Lambert to be it.
He definately wouldn't be the replacement but if Suarez leaves they can't replace like for like, only a gamble that someone may be as good.

As it stands they would only need Lambert to stand in against shit teams as they know what they will get from Suarez and Sturridge but if the player they buy to replace Suarez doesn't work then they would need to rely on him more and that is when it becomes a poor signing.

Honestly don't think Suarez will go though so as it stands it's an ok signing for them.
Closed Thread