United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
So he was good enough a year ago, but not now? How often does an 18yo kid break onto the scene the way Rashford did for United? Scoring goals in huge games over two or three months. Young players have ups and downs, but that all ours are having a down under a manager who famous distrusts youth might not be a coincidence, and I'm surprised more people aren't concerned by that.

If that's Mourinho's way of working, then fine. But once again it speaks to the lack of coherent strategy at the club. Go from a manager who has pretty much the best record with young players in the game and invests huge time and money in them, to a manager who much prefers the finished article. Throw in that their ideology is complete opposite and there's our circus act of a club.
He obviously did historically. But recently....?

Quote:
Louis van Gaal assistant claims he was 'fully in charge' of Manchester United when Dutchman was boss

A former assistant of Louis van Gaal’s has claimed that he was “fully in charge” at Manchester United at Manchester United while the Dutchman was manager.

Albert Stuivenberg was brought to Old Trafford as Van Gaal’s assistant, alongside Ryan Giggs, after fulfilling the same role with the Netherlands.

Stuivenberg is now manager at Belgian club Genk and said that Van Gaal getting him to carry out team talks and first-team training has set him in good stead for his career.

“He gave me his complete trust,” he said.

“At United, I was doing the training sessions for the selected first team before games. I was fully in charge.

“I was doing all the pre-match team talks, and I did the post-match talk with the team and individual players.”
That's like hiring Fergie & getting The Shorts to manage the club

Unread 04-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
What a @#%&!.

Is he trying to move in to serious football reporting now? Why does he try to write like he isn't a United fan? Was he ever actually a United fan?

Who knows. @#%&!.

Unread 04-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

That's like hiring Fergie & getting The Shorts to manage the club
Didn't Micky claim that he did just that in the latter Years? Deffo said he took the training session s and Ferg would usually approve his suggestions for upcoming lineups.

Tbf, they were a bit more familiar with the players and each other

Unread 04-04-2017, 01:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Of course recently as much as ever. The way the young players at United responded last season was fantastic.

Genk flying under Big Albert btw. 14 goals in their last four games and still in the Europa. Sage material?
Closed Thread