United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2014, 10:14 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This is starting to sound like what happens whenever we get a dodgy decision.
Bingo.

Everyone's turned into Alan Green. It's a £#%&!ing shambles.

Unread 13-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Ginners

Quote:
hugely under pressure team dives a bit to win a penalty in crucial game. what a shocker.

Happens every other week in the premier league. This is starting to sound like what happens whenever we get a dodgy decision.
Spot on

Unread 13-06-2014, 10:36 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ref's getting a raw deal on the penalty. He sees it head on, sees the arm on the shoulder and then Fred fall back.

Wrong, but understandable call.
Thought they had 5/6th officials to help them out these days?

The game badly needed that decision anyway, 2nd half was dull & both sides settling for a draw it kicked it into life.

Unread 13-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Well exactly. If a forward is going to fall backwards, it's better as a defender if your hand isn't on his shoulder. That's why the ref gave it.

Already heard Waddle on the radio outraged that this referee from Japan was awarded such a big game. If only we had an English ref in charge to allow Bruce Lee kicks to the chest and show players three yellow cards, eh?

fair point: the hand on the shoulder was brutal

Your racist issues are for you to sort out

Unread 13-06-2014, 10:55 AM
rafabio

My predicted result would be correct if not for the @#%&! ref.

Unread 13-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Marvel7

Personally think its a penalty. He puts his hand on his arm/shoulder and pulls, makes no difference how hard he pulls or how theatrically Fred falls, the moment he puts his hand on Fred's arm/shoulder and pulls is the moment of the infringement.

Its the same as when a player pulls another players shirt, the player who is having his shirt pulled dives a bit dodgy and normally falls the wrong way and every shouts dive/cheat, but the moment the defender pulls the shirt is when the penalty should be given, the diving/falling of the attacker makes no difference.

I know every football fan/watcher/follower will now come out and say 'its a contact sport' its a mans game' 'blah blah blah', but the bottom line is you cannot put your hands on an opponent and pull or push no matter how gentle, the defender who does that is attempting to bend the rules and con the ref as much as the attacker going down easily.

Unread 13-06-2014, 04:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
that was a fabulous team - as good to watch as the '70 team for me. How they didn't win that 82 WC is beyond me. Italy came good at the right time but weren't really that impressive from memory. Seemed to snatch wins when Rossi? became available later in the competition
Italy were consistently very good after beating Brazil, tbf.

Unread 09-07-2014, 12:29 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I'd laugh my arse off if pompous, self-entitled media darlings Brazil, get snuffed out by Teutonic efficiency. C'mon on Germany, we're (well I am) all counting on you!

Unread 09-07-2014, 01:46 AM
ScarFace

sage ( am i using sage right ? )

Unread 09-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Brazil haven't really been that "magical" (whatever that means) since the 80's. They were workmanlike in 1994 and they were the best of an awful bunch in 2002, led by the irrepressible Ronaldo.

The Spanish, Argentina or Germany will batter them if they play like that again.
Sort of sage..

Unread 09-07-2014, 02:05 AM
Michael Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Myers
I can see Brazil getting thrashed 1-7 in the Semis.

Unread 09-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Not bad, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I can see Brazil getting thrashed 7-1 in the semifinal, with Kroos and Schurrle getting two each, Klose breaking the all-time World Cup goals record, Muller and Khedira each getting one, and Oscar getting a sad reply in the last minute.

Unread 09-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Fountz

Quote:

My original post was from the 12th June, however posted more in hope than expectation.

Always knew Brazil's foundations were built on shifting sands.. since the mid 90's (maybe even the 80's) a few talented players padded out with makeweights...but injected with the pre-requisite swagger.

£#%&!ing delighted... however, they won't win it !!
Closed Thread