antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
No.

Berbatov in.

Hutton in.

Brown out.

Saha out.
Hutton? What the £#%&! for, he can't defend or stand up particularly well. I suspect a backup left back and a striker, though not Berbatov who's way overpriced.

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Saha out Nugent in.

Anderson out Cahill in.

Rio out Cacapa in.

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:54 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Hutton? What the £#%&! for, he can't defend or stand up particularly well. I suspect a backup left back and a striker, though not Berbatov who's way overpriced.
Ferie likes him and I would bet my left %@#$&! he signs.

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
No.

Berbatov in.

Hutton in.

Brown out.

Saha out.
not sure he'll buy Berbatov becuase of his age, what I really mean is I don't think the Glazer's will sanction big money to be spent on someone who wil be nearly 28.

Hopefully Fletcher will be on his way out

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Baron

Quote:
No.

Berbatov in.

Hutton in.

Brown out.

Saha out.
Not if the Hunterlaar speculation is on the money at the moment...

Either way, a right back & a striker is the priority surely. Hopefully Foster is back in a couple of months to have a push at the 'keeper's spot as well - always thought he looked like he'd fit straight in.

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Ferie likes him and I would bet my left %@#$&! he signs.
I £#%&!in' hope not.

marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Saha out Nugent in.

Anderson out Cahill in.

Rio out Cacapa in.
pures dream summer.

Firswood Red

hopefully Brown will see sense in the end

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:57 PM
dodger

I agree we need a right back. We'll sign a back up left back if 50p head goes but I doubt that will happen now.

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
hopefully Brown will see sense in the end
Yup. Or Gary Nev proves his fitness and can give us another season to let Danny S develop further

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I agree we need a right back. We'll sign abavck up left back if 50p head goes but I doubt that will happen now.
Solve both issues with 1 signing. Lahm.

Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
are we in for another busy summer?
I don't think so

Personally I don't think we need much

Midfield is sorted

We need a right back and a striker.

Arguabley we need another left sided player/winger or decent back up for Evra but it's not that important.

I hope the Wesley will stay but I doubt he will and Saha will be on his way.

We've got the twins coming at some point, but i'm not sure when

Unread 15-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
I agree we need a right back. We'll sign abavck up left back if 50p head goes but I doubt that will happen now.
think he signed a new deal last summer so would be suprised to see him go unless he's used as bait in a bid for Benzema.

Unread 15-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Nice avator Baron

Unread 15-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Nice avator Baron
Was it you who drew it when explaining the semantics of standing up to wipe? I was in tears ...

Unread 15-01-2008, 01:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Same, but I'd have reservations... we'd have two short arsed full backs & Lahm is a right footed left back. His best attacking work is done cutting in from the left wing - whether he's capable of consistent overlapping at right back & delivering I've no idea. Would like to think so given his reputation but having played teh other side fo teh defence for club & country it's a risk.
He played right back permanently for one of his clubs didn't he? You're right about a possible height issue though I suppose

Unread 15-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Baron

Quote:
He played right back permanently for one of his clubs didn't he? You're right about a possible height issue though I suppose
He was loaned to Stuttgart (played against us in the CL) but not sure if he was right or left back. Think he was left back when we played them...

Wiki say's he was a right wing back in the youth team so can't be that alien to him.

Knowing Bayern though he's got to cost a £#%&!ing fortune. Klinnsman there now as well, can't imagine they'll be letting anyone go.

Unread 15-01-2008, 01:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He was loaned to Stuttgart (played against us in the CL) but not sure if he was right or left back. Think he was left back when we played them...

Wiki say's he was a right wing back in the youth team so can't be that alien to him.

Knowing Bayern though he's got to cost a £#%&!ing fortune. Klinnsman there now as well, can't imagine they'll be letting anyone go.
Thought his contract was up in the summer?
Closed Thread