United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2012, 08:58 AM
redhegemony

Default Fergie's Mail Interview

doesn't say much really, wouldn't say it makes him an apologist more a sort of business as usual.

‘I’ve never encountered opposition. They’ve always been as sensible as they can be in terms of financing the team, and they have to invest in the team to maintain the value of their asset.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-family.html

you get a hint that Fergie places a value on a target and doesn't go much beyond it which makes sense. So he will spend big cash when the player warrants it. Doesn't explain Bebe though.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:06 AM
TheNew

Fergie is a @#%&! these days, no question about that.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
doesn't say much really, wouldn't say it makes him an apologist more a sort of business as usual.

‘I’ve never encountered opposition. They’ve always been as sensible as they can be in terms of financing the team, and they have to invest in the team to maintain the value of their asset.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-family.html

you get a hint that Fergie places a value on a target and doesn't go much beyond it which makes sense. So he will spend big cash when the player warrants it. Doesn't explain Bebe though.
You really think that?

For 20 years all we heard was "There is the true price and the Man United price, once clubs know we are interested the price goes up. We have always had to pay over the odds for players"

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:25 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
You really think that?

For 20 years all we heard was "There is the true price and the Man United price, once clubs know we are interested the price goes up. We have always had to pay over the odds for players"
I think I do, in the past many good players would have wanted to go to Utd so the selling club could add a premium. What has changed is not the selling clubs but the buyers who don't give a shit how much: Chelsea, City, the rusky mob and now PSG and some of the the players who will go to where the big wedge is.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Withers

Quote:
I think I do, in the past many good players would have wanted to go to Utd so the selling club could add a premium. What has changed is not the selling clubs but the buyers who don't give a shit how much: Chelsea, City, the rusky mob and now PSG and some of the the players who will go to where the big wedge is.
Is that you Bob?

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:31 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Is that you Bob?

There's a lot of rose tinted spectacles to how it once was and i don't think anyone who's not directly involved in buying or selling players at the top level realises how £#%&!ing hard it must be.. we get the odd flashes that shows what has changed: Morrison, Ibrahimovich, City, Mendes.

Imagine trying to navigate through those waters and try to find top quality players who have the right attitude and ability.

Get's easier the lower you go because of supply and demand and the level.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:32 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
If United had the money they would still get most of these players. Before anyone harks back to Batistuta, Salas and Kluivert etc I am talking about the likes of Nasri and Hazard, one was already over here and the other has joined an English club. We cannot compete with city and Chelsea. People play the moral "we're not paying the club/agent/player that much" %@#$&!s but that is the going rate. If we were not in debt we would be able to afford them.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:41 AM
borsuk

we couldn't compete directly with city or chelsea even without debt. we could actually get other players we want tho.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Pop

Am currently shitting in a shoebox addressed to Ferie

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:43 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If United had the money they would still get most of these players. Before anyone harks back to Batistuta, Salas and Kluivert etc I am talking about the likes of Nasri and Hazard, one was already over here and the other has joined an English club. We cannot compete with city and Chelsea. People play the moral "we're not paying the club/agent/player that much" %@#$&!s but that is the going rate. If we were not in debt we would be able to afford them.
Ok let's assume

1. We could afford them and

2. We were prepared to pay what they wanted

what would be the outcome long term? You want a club built like Chelsea/City/ PSG and to some extent Real? When you bring in someone who is one of the best players in the world in his position no one is going to complain about wages/costs etc but Nasri/Hazard? The first is decent and proven in the Premiership but who knows about the second worth a punt but not at that price.

So Nasri is worth having at the right price.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:45 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
we couldn't compete directly with city or chelsea even without debt. we could actually get other players we want tho.
Or the Ruskies or PSG and whoever else the rich men take over and frankly i wouldn't want to.

Part of the joy of someone like Ferguson is to see him find and develop young players it's £#%&!ing hard and it's so much easier to just buy whoever Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez, RVP and whoever is next. That's a club quite literally built on sand..

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

what bob cass, the turd that will never flush has omitted from his dignified dripping article is that sir accompanied all these remarks with over elaborate winks and blatantly sarcastic tones.

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:49 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
what bob cass, the turd that will never flush has omitted from his dignified dripping article is that sir accompanied all these remarks with over elaborate winks and blatantly sarcastic tones.
and some sly nose tapping....

Unread 22-07-2012, 09:57 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Yes we could and you know it.

Unread 22-07-2012, 10:14 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yes we could and you know it.
compete with the money city and chelsea are throwing around? could we £#%&!. but we wouldn't be as hamstrung as we are now.

Unread 22-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Withers

Quote:
compete with the money city and chelsea are throwing around? could we £#%&!. but we wouldn't be as hamstrung as we are now.
Weren't there figures bandied around recently to show we have spent more on debt than City had on players and wages?

I'm sure they will soon pass that though.

Unread 22-07-2012, 10:34 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Our revenue is a lot more than when we 'did things the same way' so we could compete now.

Unread 22-07-2012, 10:37 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Or the Ruskies or PSG and whoever else the rich men take over and frankly i wouldn't want to.

Part of the joy of someone like Ferguson is to see him find and develop young players it's £#%&!ing hard and it's so much easier to just buy whoever Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez, RVP and whoever is next. That's a club quite literally built on sand..
Well there's no being able to compete with city (which most can accept to a degree) and being well and truly £#%&!ed (which most cant) and I'd put us in the latter category now, a place we've never been before.

In the past, if we needed to spend big, we did. My view is that we need to spend big to ensure we don't have to rely on a player who's just come out of retirement.

It's fergie's 'business as usual/never been better' bullshit which £#%&!ing sinks me.

The comments of an utter £#%&!ing balloon.

Unread 22-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Wart Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It's fergie's 'business as usual/never been better' bullshit which £#%&!ing sinks me.
but what would it do for us if fergie was to come out and point blank say: yeah the owners are blood sucking @#%&!s, we are skint and cant afford to buy proven quality or pay the wages, the squad is substandard particulally in CM and city are are gonna dominate us for years to come now?

Unread 22-07-2012, 11:00 AM
moransbleedinghead

what a £#%&!ing @#%&!, still sucking up to adn backing the £#%&!ing leeches running our club.

"real fans will look at it realistically" utter £#%&!ing @#%&!, he must think the "real" fans are the jester hat wearing customers of the megastore.
Closed Thread