United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 62 53.91%
Sack 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:02 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Hard to believe how bad it's been.....

As we reach ANOTHER final....

Imagine being us....
Come on. We all expected better in both the league and the champions league. We came bottom of an awful group and are currently well behind Villa and Spurs. We all expected better than that, you included.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:03 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Think you’re looking at it the wrong way. The most effective midfielder we have is Mainoo. The most effective forward we have is Garnacho. Both offer more in seeing out difficult games than nearly every other player on the field. We had two matches which remain important to us - the first last Sunday and the second the final itself. Who gives a £#%&! if mainoo or nach are playing against sheff united tomorrow or Burnley at the weekend?

It’s poor game management.
I can't be too critical of 10h taking them off with the game "won". however, rashford didn't deserve to be on the pitch and putting someone on who would actually do some £#%&!ing work would have made everyone else's lives easier. similarly, if he is that £#%&!ing worried about flogging mainoo, he should play a midfield, so that the boy doesn't have to do all the £#%&!ing work. bringing deadmanwalking on as effectively the only midfielder was typical stupidity. see the game out by having a strong midfield and an outlet that will run hard (like amad, if not garnacho).

I'm absolutely not having that it was the players and not 10h that caused the chaos. coventry shouldn't even have been close enough to get a lucky deflection.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:06 AM
silv

Quote:
Hard to believe how bad it's been.....

As we reach ANOTHER final....

Imagine being us....
7th heaven

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:09 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Nah i'm not having that.

You can’t really disagree it’s been an alarming pattern throughout the season. The signs were there at Spurs away last, no idea what to do when we start to lose control.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:12 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You can’t really disagree it’s been an alarming pattern throughout the season. The signs were there at Spurs away last, no idea what to do when we start to lose control.
I don't disagree at all it's an alarming pattern. But I'd be more inclined to lay blame with a lot of the players who should have been leaders for the younger lads but have been, for the most part, terrible.

In particular Casemiro Rashford and Varane's decline has been alarming. Throw in perma-crocks Shaw and Martinez who are 2 other pretty senior players, and it doesn't exactly leave much leadership out there.

You £#%&! those 4 or 5 players off and get in hungry replacements and I think you see a completely different side. Last season everyone looked up for it, more or less, and we did well.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
if he is that £#%&!ing worried about flogging mainoo, he should play a midfield, so that the boy doesn't have to do all the £#%&!ing work.
yep

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
yep

Who though?

Mount has been injured for the majority of the season.

That leaves Ambrabat, who most people agree is pretty shit, and The Scottish Player who is really poor in anything less than an attacking position. And he has played mctommers a fair amount anyway.

It's easy to say "play a midfield" but I don't know who that conists of.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
You £#%&! those 4 or 5 players off and get in hungry replacements and I think you see a completely different side.
Can’t disagree with replacing half the team having the potential to transform it - providing the right players are identified and dropped into a tactically astute set up.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:21 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
I don't disagree at all it's an alarming pattern. But I'd be more inclined to lay blame with a lot of the players who should have been leaders for the younger lads but have been, for the most part, terrible.

In particular Casemiro Rashford and Varane's decline has been alarming. Throw in perma-crocks Shaw and Martinez who are 2 other pretty senior players, and it doesn't exactly leave much leadership out there.

You £#%&! those 4 or 5 players off and get in hungry replacements and I think you see a completely different side. Last season everyone looked up for it, more or less, and we did well.
That’s what I think it comes down too.

And whilst I can understand Quayders comments re the subs and it happening before, I really do think that 3-0 to Coventry with 20mins to go should have been fine. I don’t blame ETH for that, not with 2 games coming up this week.

What I do blame him for and hence now why I’m not bothered if he is sacked is leaving Rashford on. Continually.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:28 AM
jem

Quote:
Who though?

Mount has been injured for the majority of the season.

That leaves Ambrabat, who most people agree is pretty shit, and The Scottish Player who is really poor in anything less than an attacking position. And he has played mctommers a fair amount anyway.

It's easy to say "play a midfield" but I don't know who that conists of.
agreed. you're an idiot. as is everyone who thinks amrabat is pretty shit.

ffs, he could have kept reguilon and played dalot midfield, since that's where he effectively plays him anyway. shaw and dalot are both overlapping fullbacks that 10h would play as inverted, because he is a £#%&!wit who does not cut his coat according to his cloth, hence his arse is showing every week.

amrabat-casemiro-mainoo. eriksen can come on, if he can run (although less required by cass and him with three midfielders). mctog for a more attacking look. dalot if we have enough fit defenders (wan b can stay back, then... double bonus).

play rasmus and nacho ahead of bruno/mount.

it's about balance. keep it simple. having fullbacks come inside to supplement the midfield has left them out of position in the inevitable turnover all £#%&!ing season and he has done nothing to address this. and for that reason, I'm out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
What I do blame him for and hence now why I’m not bothered if he is sacked is leaving Rashford on. Continually.
this is inexcusable. if he can't make rashford work hard or pass to hojlund, he is not a manager unless he drops him.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
7th heaven
Exactly where a team would be with the injuries sustained this season after a stupid world cup and the continuation of friends and pre season money tours ...

7th is our 3rd ...

I just don't understand how people continually post the negativity day after day after day without looking at the circumstances and taking some positives...

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:29 AM
jem

Quote:
I just don't understand how people continually post the negativity day after day after day without looking at the circumstances and taking some positives...
no one is doing this.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
no one is doing this.
good one mate .

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:36 AM
jem

Quote:
good one mate .
the circumstances are not an excuse for poor management decisions.

if you want negativity..... nacho and mainoo are both 19 and at the same club. it's the only way this season could be more of a kick in the %@#$&!s.

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Come on. We all expected better in both the league and the champions league. We came bottom of an awful group and are currently well behind Villa and Spurs. We all expected better than that, you included.
He knows this. Intentionally ignoring it. Mark Robins was a toenail from getting to a final and I'm sure bunks wouldn't want him as our manager if he did.

Unless he changed his name to Marco van Robins of course

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:40 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Exactly where a team would be with the injuries sustained this season after a stupid world cup and the continuation of friends and pre season money tours ...

7th is our 3rd ...

there aren't many. but you do you!

Unread 24-04-2024, 10:52 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
That’s what I think it comes down too.

And whilst I can understand Quayders comments re the subs and it happening before, I really do think that 3-0 to Coventry with 20mins to go should have been fine. I don’t blame ETH for that, not with 2 games coming up this week.

Honestly - is there some contractual thing going on? It's just inexplicable. I've never seen a player in such consistently terrible form play every single week.

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
agreed. you're an idiot. as is everyone who thinks amrabat is pretty shit.

ffs, he could have kept reguilon and played dalot midfield

And i'm the idiot

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:20 AM
believe

Quote:
And i'm the idiot
Jem in ridiculous midfield selection shocker

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:32 AM
jem

Quote:
And i'm the idiot
yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Jem in ridiculous midfield selection shocker
do you think dalot would be better playing at fullback, as a midfielder or trying to cover both positions at the same time?

also, if you don't think dalot can play midfield, you don't know ball. however, note that he was not in my suggested midfield three.