United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:29 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Pogba's world has changed in the last few years.
From being 'the talented kid' with no specific responsibilities and surrounded by world class players at Juventus, he almost overnight became the top transfer figure at one of the worlds leading clubs, asked to shoulder responsibilities in positional play , creative endeavour and also for a period as captain.
The death of his father, the arrival of another super-star (reputedly on more money), the unrelenting media coverage of his every move, every hair cut, have all added to his primary responsibility which is to grow up; but doing it in the spotlight is not easy.
Good luck Paul.

You really are one of the cheesiest posters on here.

£#%&! him and £#%&! you.

only joking sweetcheeks

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:53 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Pogba's world has changed in the last few years.
From being 'the talented kid' with no specific responsibilities and surrounded by world class players at Juventus, he almost overnight became the top transfer figure at one of the worlds leading clubs, asked to shoulder responsibilities in positional play , creative endeavour and also for a period as captain.
The death of his father, the arrival of another super-star (reputedly on more money), the unrelenting media coverage of his every move, every hair cut, have all added to his primary responsibility which is to grow up; but doing it in the spotlight is not easy.
Good luck Paul.
Good post pal.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I hear you and I don't like the way he's deployed, but not only has there been a clear deterioration in his performances even within that position, but when a player resorts to just strolling around and seeming like he's lost interest it's a big concern.

I've heard that his off the pitch demeanour and attitude is far from great so regardless of where he thinks he should be played, I'd say people need to back Mourinho in this particular issue. What Dugarry said feels right - it looks as if Pogba has lost all focus at the moment.
Because once again it’s two separate issues that we can’t seem to keep separate. Mourinho’s use -or misuse- of Pogba is a valid question. Every player has their strengths and weaknesses and it seems common sense to play to their strengths; however Dugarry is right, Pogba is not a serious player. His demeanour is that of a child. Everything is about £#%&!ing around and having a laugh.

This is a serious business - there’s a job to be done and he gets paid an awful of money to do it. Ronaldo has managed to have a pretty sweet life despite the fact that he’s one of the most deadly serious players I’ve ever seen. It’s about priorities.

This is not about begrudging young, rich players from enjoying their life, it’s about witnessing what it takes to rise to the top over many decades and hundreds of players. We know what qualities are required, and right now Pogba doesn’t have them. And he’s influencing others too.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
This is not about begrudging young, rich players from enjoying their life, it’s about witnessing what it takes to rise to the top over many decades and hundreds of players. We know what qualities are required, and right now Pogba doesn’t have them. And he’s influencing others too.
Precisely this.

There's shitloads of dedicated young players in this generation.
(whisper it) I've really enjoyed watching England lately because by & large it's been young players looking to play some good stuff.
No egos or square-pegs in round holes to keep the 'superstars' happy.

Pogba's off-field brand & social media presence implies that he's one of the worlds best Footballers. He's nowhere near. Not even close.
That's my issue.

Dugarry has nailed it when he suggests that Pogba appears to treat Football as if it's just one aspect of his 'brand' ...& sadly, the one he seems to care the least about.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Precisely this.

There's shitloads of dedicated young players in this generation.
(whisper it) I've really enjoyed watching England lately because by & large it's been young players looking to play some good stuff.
No egos or square-pegs in round holes to keep the 'superstars' happy.

Pogba's off-field brand & social media presence implies that he's one of the worlds best Footballers. He's nowhere near. Not even close.
That's my issue.

Dugarry has nailed it when he suggests that Pogba appears to treat Football as if it's just one aspect of his 'brand' ...& sadly, the one he seems to care the least about.
He could be though. That’s the sad thing.

Unread 29-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Wellinever

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You really are one of the cheesiest posters on here.

f*** him and f*** you.

only joking sweetcheeks

Yes, I love cheese Grommit!!

Another 'fr' and jf'r keyboard warrior?
Grow up for goodness sake!

Unread 29-03-2018, 03:11 PM
RemisMoses

Lots of rumours doing the rounds that he's going to 'come out' very soon. I am sure its just putting 2 and 2 together and making 235 but is he ever pictured with a woman? Never thought about it before. he should be dripping in snatch

Unread 29-03-2018, 03:50 PM
andyroo

That'll go down well with his Muslim buddies

Unread 29-03-2018, 04:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That'll go down well with his Muslim buddies
Yep cos all muslims are rabid homophobes.

Gosh I wish there was no islam so that premier league players could come out of the closet in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Lots of rumours doing the rounds that he's going to 'come out' very soon. I am sure its just putting 2 and 2 together and making 235 but is he ever pictured with a woman? Never thought about it before. he should be dripping in snatch

You've probs just made the whole thing up. Where are there rumours?

Unread 29-03-2018, 07:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Yes, I love cheese Grommit!!

Another 'fr' and jf'r keyboard warrior?
Grow up for goodness sake!
What on earth is a fr and a jfr?

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:26 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Yep cos all muslims are rabid homophobes.

Gosh I wish there was no islam so that premier league players could come out of the closet in peace.

You've probs just made the whole thing up. Where are there rumours?
Shit WUM from a desperate Scouse cuckoo in the nest

Unread 30-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Wellinever

Quote:
What on earth is a fr and a jfr?

Short hand for using or implying the use of abusive language, usually when the user has a limited vocabulary, or have run out of things to say, or they are losing the argument ...take your pick!

I'm still pleased you bother to read my posts, look forward to your entertaining replies, just cut out the 'f'r and jf' ing', its really not necessary.

Unread 30-03-2018, 11:55 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Short hand for using or implying the use of abusive language, usually when the user has a limited vocabulary, or have run out of things to say, or they are losing the argument ...take your pick!

I'm still pleased you bother to read my posts, look forward to your entertaining replies, just cut out the 'f'r and jf' ing', its really not necessary.
Can't miss them mate. They're in a thread I am involved in.

Unread 30-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Bunker Buster

Effing and jeffing?

Unread 30-03-2018, 12:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Effing and jeffing?
I'd have understood that if he put f'ing but f'r?

Unread 30-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Wellinever

Default 'Effing and Jeffing'

Quote:
I'd have understood that if he put f'ing but f'r?

Bunkers right, but I was using a form of shorthand (as explained), sorry will try to be clearer next time, spell it all out!

Unread 30-03-2018, 05:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Can't miss them mate. They're in a thread I am involved in.
Zing

Unread 30-03-2018, 06:44 PM
sa7

Quote:
Bunkers right, but I was using a form of shorthand (as explained), sorry will try to be clearer next time, spell it all out!
Yes the problem is the form of shorthand you used is one you made up, ergo it isn’t something which would be readily identifiable without some sort of induction which you weren’t good enough to offer to your audience.

Or to use a form of shorthand: it was basically drivel

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:14 AM
saffers

Quote:
I honestly think he is more interested in himself and his image than his football. Coming back to United was nothing to do with the 'coming home' %@#$&!s - it was to give him the biggest stage on social media. And the fact he is being paid £300k a week to do it...

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Would you have play Lampard or Gerrard in a midfield 2?

How well did Xavi & Iniesta play in 2's?

It's non-£#%&!ing-sensical to play certain players, with very specific qualities, in formations that clearly limit their contribution & also £#%&!s with the way the rest of the side compensates.

Jose is a #@&%! for persevering with this 4-2-3-1 formation, an absolute abomination of use of personnel.

Pogba might not do some simple things like track a runner or hold his position, stick his boot in etc, but frankly would you have used Zidane like that? It's mental. Use him as he was at Juve or with France (actually, Deschamps is equally as culpable as Jose for his mis-use of quality attacking players but at least he does tend to free Pogba to contribute further - helps having Kante I suppose).

Pogba is a Rolls Royce of a player, quite why anyone would use him as a water carrier is beyond me. Absolute £#%&!ery of the highest order.
Where should he be playing and is he good enough to justify building your entire side off his limitations? I have doubts over the latter due to his glaring inconsistency.
Closed Thread