United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2017, 07:22 PM
lenin

These £#%&!ing strikers that wear number 2 or 3. Bony being the latest, but no means only, culprit. It should be a banning offence IMO.

Players that deliberately pick a high number like 69 when better numbers are available. @#%&!s to a man.

Sharpe 5 never sat right with me. Bailly 3 doesn't either. Owen having a shirt, let alone a squad number, to our clubs eternal shame.

Unread 05-09-2017, 11:47 PM
sa7

Didn't like it when Bryan Robson wore 12 tbh

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:28 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Squad number thing is American sports %@#$&!s,, given massive importance even though first team used to wear 1-11, so if we had a rash of injuries Joe Nobody 3rd choice right back got picked to do his best at right wing and he'd have worn "the fabled number 7",.

Couldn't give a shiny shite.

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:34 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Squad number thing is American sports %@#$&!s,, given massive importance even though first team used to wear 1-11, so if we had a rash of injuries Joe Nobody 3rd choice right back got picked to do his best at right wing and he'd have worn "the fabled number 7",.

Couldn't give a shiny shite.

Players "owning" a number

Make em wear 1-11, precious @#%&!s

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Crumps

Anyone choosing 23, you're not Michael Jordan you tit, do one.

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:53 AM
BarryX

Giving Berbatov the number nine. Put the onus on him being an out and out goal scorer when he should have been seen as a second striker/number ten type.

Unread 06-09-2017, 03:25 AM
Stickman

Veron was doomed from the outset with 4. Should have been 10. Ruud could have taken a higher number until Cole left seeing as he was far from "a 10" anyway.

Luke Shaw changing from 3 to a high number bothered me more than it should have.

Gallas 10 was lunacy.

Asamoah Gyan wore 3 and played as a striker

Valencia should have taken 2 so Lindelof couldn't. Agree re Bailly, hes a 5 and Pogba really ought to be 8.

Unread 06-09-2017, 04:07 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Veron was doomed from the outset with 4. Should have been 10. Ruud could have taken a higher number until Cole left seeing as he was far from "a 10" anyway.

Luke Shaw changing from 3 to a high number bothered me more than it should have.

Gallas 10 was lunacy.

Asamoah Gyan wore 3 and played as a striker

Valencia should have taken 2 so Lindelof couldn't. Agree re Bailly, hes a 5 and Pogba really ought to be 8.
Who was it that claimed a Veron was a number 10 on here?

Unread 06-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Denis Irwell

Only "disgusting" aspect is how seriously people take numbers

Irrelevant

Unread 06-09-2017, 07:57 AM
tatty

Numbers don't matter beyond jarring on the eye and creating low level irritation.

Unread 06-09-2017, 08:03 AM
redhegemony

0 is pretty irritating

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...t-numbers-ever

Unread 06-09-2017, 08:21 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Quote:
When Portuguese star Futre learned he would have to wear the No.16 shirt at West Ham, rather than his preferred No.10, he brought in a legal team to resolve the issue.

Harry Redknapp, in his autobiography Always Managing, wrote: "Eddie Gillam, our trainer, had given him the No.16 shirt and got it thrown back in his face (before the first game of the season against Arsenal). Next thing, Paulo was in my face, too. 'Futre 10, not 16,' he said. ‘Eusebio 10, Maradona 10, Pele 10; Futre 10, not f***ing 16.’

"I tried to be firm. ‘Paulo, put your shirt on, get changed, please, we have a big game. If you don’t want to wear it, Paulo, off you go,’ I said. And he did.

"The following Monday, Paulo came back in with his team of lawyers to negotiate for the No.10 shirt."

He then paid £100,000 to secure it.

Unread 06-09-2017, 08:21 AM
andyroo

Teams who reserve squad number 12 for "the fans". CRINGE.

Surprised the vermin haven't done it yet.

Unread 06-09-2017, 11:08 AM
lindelof

Apparently Renato Sanchez wanted the number 85 but the Premier League being precious said numbers have to be sequential and close to the highest number. Now wearing 35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Wasn't he a flop there though?

At Barnet? Think so but he won't give a shit. Was manager, gave himself the #'1 shirt and made himself captain.

If that ain't being a boss, I don't know what is.

Unread 06-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Two of our top 3 goalscorers of all time have worn the #10 pol. So probably right that Ruud did.

Hoping No Fun can tell us what numbers Viollet, Rowley and Spence worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Two of our top 3 goalscorers of all time have worn the #10 pol. So probably right that Ruud did.

Hoping No Fun can tell us what numbers Viollet, Rowley and Spence worse.
Viollet #10

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:15 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
Apparently Renato Sanchez wanted the number 85 but the Premier League being precious said numbers have to be sequential and close to the highest number. Now wearing 35
Like a chav and his comical number plater, Mr Sanchez should just put a couple of well placed stitches in the 3 to make it look like an 8

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:30 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
When Portuguese star Futre learned he would have to wear the No.16 shirt at West Ham, rather than his preferred No.10, he brought in a legal team to resolve the issue.

Harry Redknapp, in his autobiography Always Managing, wrote: "Eddie Gillam, our trainer, had given him the No.16 shirt and got it thrown back in his face (before the first game of the season against Arsenal). Next thing, Paulo was in my face, too. 'Futre 10, not 16,' he said. ‘Eusebio 10, Maradona 10, Pele 10; Futre 10, not £#%&!ing 16.’

"I tried to be firm. ‘Paulo, put your shirt on, get changed, please, we have a big game. If you don’t want to wear it, Paulo, off you go,’ I said. And he did.

"The following Monday, Paulo came back in with his team of lawyers to negotiate for the No.10 shirt."

He then paid £100,000 to secure it
Bet Harry loved that...a whole new line of income generation...

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:32 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Squad number i secretly admire:

https://www.fulhamfc.com/player-prof...oubakar-kamara

Unread 06-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I recall Lazio playing Chelsea in the CL and he was running all over them at Stamford Briege in an advanced central midfield role. That's what I thought we were trying to buy at the time. Should have went Nedved, would have cost less too.

Unread 06-09-2017, 01:27 PM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Stickman in the post above yours.
Closed Thread