United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Brenner

Angry Leaving The Match Before The Final Whistle

The two £#%&!ers who were sat next to me left 17mins before the game finished last night.

WTF is that all about?

Do these people go to the cinema and leave before the end of the film?? - do they £#%&!

Early leavers piss me off

Stay and *show your appreciation/*vent your spleen at the team you miserable spoilt bastards

*delete as appropriate depending on team performance

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Billy Baroo

i have left the ground early twice ever

only 5 minutes early each time due to a train first time and to beat the traffic back to london last night (some @#%&!ing hope!!!)

twice ever...missed 3 £#%&!ing goals!

bastardo, bastardo, mama mia bastardo

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:14 PM
forzagarza

There isn't a final whistle at the cinema so there's no point leaving early.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:15 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
The two £#%&!ers who were sat next to me left 17mins before the game finished last night.

WTF is that all about?

Do these people go to the cinema and leave before the end of the film?? - do they £#%&!

Stay and *show your appreciation/*vent your spleen at the team you miserable spoilt bastards

I considered leaving before half time to be honest.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
There isn't a final whistle at the cinema so there's no point leaving early.

This has been happening for years

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:17 PM
sparks_uuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner

WTF is that all about?

This is one of my gripes as well. 90 minutes isn't that long a time, why not stay until the end!

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Whip Hubley

half the £#%&!in stadium missed the o'bese goal. 90% are the @#%&!s who get their tickets as something to do on a wednesday

fair enough the odd few having a valid reason, but why the £#%&! go if you're not going to show your support.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Qwertyuiop

People leave early because the transport infrastructure to and from the ground is inadequate.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:35 PM
puressence

i left old trafford once early ..the league cup game vs spurs around 89 ish we got beat 3 nil .i booted my seat through in k stand and launched the £#%&!er on the pitch

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Brenner

I know this has been an issue for years, but it's embarrassing to see so many empty seats at OT with less than 10mins to go.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:37 PM
plopborsky

i wanted to leave at half time last season against fulham at home the game was that bad.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
People leave early because the transport infrastructure to and from the ground is inadequate.
sorry that's no excuse (unless pretty extreme circumstances)

i got home at 11.40 last night - i live in stockport.

i'm still not gonna leave early, if i go i go for the right reasons as i'm sure most on here do. it pisses me off to see people leave 10 minutes early for no valid reason when everyone else is still giving their support.

people shouldn't bother if they're gonna do that.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Don't know why United don't lock us in till the end.

[SIZE="1"](Cue some Health and Safety Jobsworth lobbing clause 35 (a) at me)

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
sorry that's no excuse (unless pretty extreme circumstances)

i got home at 11.40 last night - i live in stockport.

i'm still not gonna leave early, if i go i go for the right reasons as i'm sure most on here do. it pisses me off to see people leave 10 minutes early for no valid reason when everyone else is still giving their support.

people shouldn't bother if they're gonna do that.
I'd say its a pretty good excuse (not that I do it).

The transport infrastructure round OT is shit considering theres 76000 people there. The buses are always chocker, waiting for the tram is a piss take, cabs charge normal fare x 4 for the short ride into town, the barge is a tenner (it think) and if you want to drive then its chaos (especially if you want to get to the M60).

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:43 PM
forzagarza

Don't go anymore but I used to leave early so I could run around and get Shareholders United leaflets and then drop them on the floor before anyone else could get them.

I'm probably responsible for the levsl of apathy that let Glazer in.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:43 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i wanted to leave at half time last season against fulham at home the game was that bad.
It was 3-2 at half time. Surely there's been worse games than that?

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Rhodzy

the only time ive left early was last year against villarreal, left on 89mins i think or just into stoppage time

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I'd say its a pretty good excuse (not that I do it).

The transport infrastructure round OT is shit considering theres 76000 people there. The buses are always chocker, waiting for the tram is a piss take, cabs charge normal fare x 4 for the short ride into town, the barge is a tenner (it think) and if you want to drive then its chaos (especially if you want to get to the M60).
well in that case, like i say if you can't handle the travel home (i am exempting people who travel very far for games as i know a lot do) then don't go.

if you live in greater manchester and leave early just because of transport - inexcusable.

i'm not saying the transport infrastructure is great, everyone knows it's £#%&!ing shite and needs upgrading big style, BUT that should hardly be a deciding factor in going to a game. yes, it's a complete pisstake given that most pay £30+ for a ticket and the club really could do a lot more (fat chance of that at the moment, we've got less money than ethiopia). but if you decided to go to a game, go TO the game and stay for the whole damn thing - you've paid your money, you may as well.

Unread 30-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
well in that case, like i say if you can't handle the travel home (i am exempting people who travel very far for games as i know a lot do) then don't go.

if you live in greater manchester and leave early just because of transport - inexcusable.

i'm not saying the transport infrastructure is great, everyone knows it's £#%&!ing shite and needs upgrading big style, BUT that should hardly be a deciding factor in going to a game. yes, it's a complete pisstake given that most pay £30+ for a ticket and the club really could do a lot more (fat chance of that at the moment, we've got less money than ethiopia). but if you decided to go to a game, go TO the game and stay for the whole damn thing - you've paid your money, you may as well.
The other thing to consider is that most people on OT dont go to support the team, they go to watch a game of football. Big difference.

Unread 30-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
The other thing to consider is that most people on OT dont go to support the team, they go to watch a game of football. Big difference.
and that therein is my point :0/
Closed Thread