Default How we can line up without Carrick and Hargreaves

Van Der Sar

Brown - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Ronaldo - Fletcher - Nani

Scholes

Rooney Tevez

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:01 AM
24hr Leavesey

Fletcher is out injured. Six to eight weeks.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:05 AM
El Calafate

Van Der Sar

Ronaldo - O'Shea - Anderson

Tevez - Rooney

Saha

nft.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Rooney has to go in midfield now imo.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:19 AM
The Return of JC

I'm afraid it's John O'Shea and we all know it.

This is a big blow for us and, as much as he's ridiculed on here, we could really do with Fletcher.

This is what happens when your injury back up gets injured.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

We should play Pique.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:21 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I swear to god if O'Shea helps us through this without dropping points I will never slag him off again.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:22 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

This is a big blow for us and, as much as he's ridiculed on here, we could really do with Fletcher.

This is what happens when your injury back up gets injured.
Would always prefer Fletcher over O'Shea in midfield. At least fletch runs round making an effort and taking ten touches when he could take one.....but the game just passes O'Shea by completely.

It's quite difficult to put a positive on this really. I'd be tempted to go with Pique or even Anderson over O'Shea...but as you said, we all know it will be the irishman.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

After his lumbering, positionally inept nightmare on Tuesday O' Shea should be banisjhed to the reserves. We should just pick Pique to play next to Scholes.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

O'Shea will play, you can count on it.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:29 AM
TheNew

What about Giggs in the middle?, he's a better tackler than O'Shea, and it would mean we could line up including Tevez, Ronaldo, Saha and Rooney.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:33 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
O'Shea will play, you can count on it.
Yes, you can.

Giggs, Rooney and Anderson all look good on paper, but someone's got to come in and do the ugly work and protect that back four because Scholes certainly can't do it.

Fletcher would've slipped in there nicely and I'd have no problem with him getting an extended run, but I really can't see anyone but Pique or O'Shea being in there and it's pretty much bound to be O'Shea.

BTW how's Brown? Because if he ain't fit then right back needs a re think again.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Rhodzy

I reckon Pique should be given his chance

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:42 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I reckon Pique should be given his chance
I think that'll only happen if O'Shea has to continue to deputise for Brown.

This is so shit. Everyone was just getting fit too.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
What about Giggs in the middle?, he's a better tackler than O'Shea, and it would mean we could line up including Tevez, Ronaldo, Saha and Rooney.
are you sure?

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
TheNew

Giggs is decent in the tackle, though maybe better when he's chasing someone back rather than a full blooded 50-50.......O'Shea is pretty poor in the tackle himself.

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Van Der Sar

Ronaldo - O'Shea - Anderson

Tevez - Rooney

Saha

nft.

...and for good measure rest Scholes and bring in Pique and Anderson.

...Coat..stage left..

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Giggs is decent in the tackle, though maybe better when he's chasing someone back rather than a full blooded 50-50.......O'Shea is pretty poor in the tackle himself.
Giggs legs look like they've gone to me, I'd not want him in the middle. O' Shea has gone consistently downhill as a player over 3 years or so. Neither are good enoigh fotr the position. Pique is young and coming off a very good season mainly in midfield in Spain, he should be given a chance.

Unread 04-10-2007, 10:00 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Giggs legs look like they've gone to me, I'd not want him in the middle. O' Shea has gone consistently downhill as a player over 3 years or so. Neither are good enoigh fotr the position. Pique is young and coming off a very good season mainly in midfield in Spain, he should be given a chance.
I'm inclined to agree, but Fergie really hasn't shown in the last several years that he's prepared to show trust in youngsters. Just can see him giving Pique the chance he deserves.

Unread 04-10-2007, 10:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree, but Fergie really hasn't shown in the last several years that he's prepared to show trust in youngsters. Just can see him giving Pique the chance he deserves.

You may be right, Pique has though been brought on to play midfield twice this season at the end of games so their's a glimmer of hope.
Closed Thread