United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2006, 09:33 AM
puressence

Default owen hargreaves .. what a refreshing change he is

he wants in .. get the lad suited and booted .. honest get the £#%&!er over to old trafford

Unread 08-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Whalefish

There's a slight problem though Lee, it's called Bayern Munich.

Utd may have a chance in the Summer but I cannot see anything happening in January.

Unread 08-12-2006, 09:46 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
There's a slight problem though Lee, it's called Bayern Munich.

Utd may have a chance in the Summer but I cannot see anything happening in January.
fairpoint but at least he wants in the club ..

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
fairpoint but at least he wants in the club ..
To be fair he's wanted to join a few of the top Premiership clubs. Liverpool and Arsenal for example. At the end of the day he wants out of Germany to raise his profile in the English game thus cementing his spot in the England team.

Or perhaps I'm being too cynical?

For the money they want I'd rather see Utd buy someone like Raul Garcia or Manuel Fernandes. I won't have any complaints if he does arrive because he's a good player but I think Munich will take Utd to the cleaners. They'll ensure the payment strucutre is favourable to them which could have an impact on other 'signings'.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:05 AM
wiganste

Quote:
To be fair he's wanted to join a few of the top Premiership clubs. Liverpool and Arsenal for example. At the end of the day he wants out of Germany to raise his profile in the English game thus cementing his spot in the England team.

Or perhaps I'm being too cynical?

For the money they want I'd rather see Utd buy someone like Raul Garcia or Manuel Fernandes. I won't have any complaints if he does arrive because he's a good player but I think Munich will take Utd to the cleaners. They'll ensure the payment strucutre is favourable to them which could have an impact on other 'signings'.
Snigger

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Snigger
Yes I know Ste. But I'm very tired today and a bit £#%&!ed off so I needed something to raise a chuckle.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:12 AM
puressence

Quote:
Yes I know Ste. But I'm very tired today and a bit £#%&!ed off so I needed something to raise a chuckle.
im £#%&!ing knackered ..little %@#$&!s was up till 3am

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:19 AM
celtbion

Quote:
For the money they want I'd rather see Utd buy someone like Raul Garcia or Manuel Fernandes.
Fernandes out of favour at Portsmouth though. Would he be worth a try for what should be now a reasonable fee?

It's hard for young centre mids to make an impression so I'm not concerned that his form at Portsmouth doesn't suggest he's up to it and he hardly stood out against Utd but a really good prospect for a moderate fee in January appeals more than paying over the odds for Hargreaves.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:20 AM
elephantstone

same as and she wants another one

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think I've got 12months before the seed needs to be planted.

As for Fernandes, he was superb against Utd last season in what was a very tidy Benfica side. I still can't understand why they're prepared to sell him for £7million. Or thereabouts.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:29 AM
celtbion

Quote:
I still can't understand why they're prepared to sell him for £7million. Or thereabouts.
Maybe he had a run-in with the manager or his face doesn't fit there. Who knows.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:37 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
tbh honest lastnite was a rarity . and yes she wants another one . she has her egg laying days all laid out

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

We should go all out for Hargreaves, he's exactly what we need and wants to join us. Munich are trying their best to keep him but they'll have to let him go in the end.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Tony Spilotro

Hargreaves will really prove the big difference if we can get him.

When the chips were down in the world cup, englands 'world class' cough.. stars lampard/gerrard/becks etc went missing and it hargreaves that was tackling, spraying balls around, driving forward, he was immense on more than one occasion.

Even now since his injury ungerland without him in the middle of the park look a right pile of dross.

He might not have the big name/profile but hes a big time player no doubt about it.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We should go all out for Hargreaves, he's exactly what we need and wants to join us. Munich are trying their best to keep him but they'll have to let him go in the end.
Which'll probably be the Summer. Fair enough but I do think we need a couple of midfielders in soon as. One young(ish) who'll be prepared to make the step up slowly. In the meantime he can add some strength in depth. If that makes sense. Scholes isn't getting any younger and will probably need a bit of break post-Xmas.

At the moment, O'Shea on the bench gives me the fear. You just know he's there as a 'midfielder' and that needs to stop. Hopefully we'll sell him to Newcastle or someone equally daft.

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Which'll probably be the Summer. Fair enough but I do think we need a couple of midfielders in soon as. One young(ish) who'll be prepared to make the step up slowly. In the meantime he can add some strength in depth. If that makes sense. Scholes isn't getting any younger and will probably need a bit of break post-Xmas.

At the moment, O'Shea on the bench gives me the fear. You just know he's there as a 'midfielder' and that needs to stop. Hopefully we'll sell him to Newcastle or someone equally daft.
Problem isI don't think we'll be able to sign a stop gap AND Hargreaves in the summer.I think Munich are realising it's gonna be impossible to keep him. They are constantly spreading rumours fromthetax situation stopping his sale to the recent one about his injury keeping him out 'til the summer. I don't think it's out of the question for us to get him in January.

Unread 08-12-2006, 11:01 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Problem isI don't think we'll be able to sign a stop gap AND Hargreaves in the summer.I think Munich are realising it's gonna be impossible to keep him. They are constantly spreading rumours fromthetax situation stopping his sale to the recent one about his injury keeping him out 'til the summer. I don't think it's out of the question for us to get him in January.
the journo lastnite seemed to think we would get him and john barnes reckons the tax thing is a smokescreen

Unread 08-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Whalefish

WTF does John Barnes know the stuttering jelly belly?

Unread 08-12-2006, 11:04 AM
puressence

Quote:
WTF does John Barnes know the stuttering jelly belly?
he did the interview with him in munich .........

Unread 08-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he did the interview with him in munich .........
I'm aware of that. But I wouldn't assume he 'knows' anything more.
Closed Thread