United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
did you do it as the last man, in the centre circle, against chelsea
I wish, 2-1 down, 10 mins to go, edge of the box, they counter attacked and hit the post.

Unread 25-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
According to Reddit Jones , Schweinsteiger and Mkhitariyan have made the trip to London while Mata has been left behind .

Unread 25-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I wish, 2-1 down, 10 mins to go, edge of the box, they counter attacked and hit the post.

whatever anyway, happy to take your point that smalling is improving with the ball but it's slow painful progress even with time on the ball, and under any sort of pressure i'd trust a goldfish more.

Unread 25-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

whatever anyway, happy to take your point that smalling is improving with the ball but it's slow painful progress even with time on the ball, and under any sort of pressure i'd trust a goldfish more.
He just so fundamentally awkward and uncomfortable. He HATES the ball. He's, what, 28? That won't change.

Unread 25-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He just so fundamentally awkward and uncomfortable. He HATES the ball. He's, what, 28? That won't change.
I am interested to see how Mou will replace Carrick, what type of player he wants in that defensive midfield area. If it is a like for like there will be less necessity for the CB pairing to make the play from deep, if he opts for more of a physical type, less of a ball player it will become essential to add a more capable distributor to the CB group.

Mou values physicality through the spine of the side, Blind was unlikely to be trusted at CB under Mou. None of the main options are close to his ability on the ball, Bailly is Ok, Rojo is erratic, Jones is conservative.

Unread 25-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I am interested to see how Mou will replace Carrick, what type of player he wants in that defensive midfield area. If it is a like for like there will be less necessity for the CB pairing to make the play from deep, if he opts for more of a physical type, less of a ball player it will become essential to add a more capable distributor to the CB group.

Mou values physicality through the spine of the side, Blind was unlikely to be trusted at CB under Mou. None of the main options are close to his ability on the ball, Bailly is Ok, Rojo is erratic, Jones is conservative.
all 3 of them are far better at football than smalling. he is a better defender than rojo though, obviously.

Unread 25-02-2017, 07:06 PM
believe

Just got back, have less recollection that the Villa final.

Unread 25-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

History tells us he'll go with a 'physical' player in the Carrick role. A spoiler. Not very United, but if it allows the likes of Pogba, Mkihi, Martial and any new forwards to flourish then so be it. He's tried it with Fellaini and he's had limited with success. I think he likes his simplicity and many people have observed he 'follows instructions well'. I get the impression he's a good pro. But I've no doubt he's aware of his limitations. I think it's easier to find a better Fellaini than a new Carrock.

I like Bailly on the ball. Jones is OK too and both considerable better than Rojo ( ok, but erratic and impulsive) and Smalling (just plain shit).. blind brings so much more in that sense.

Unread 25-02-2017, 10:17 PM
armchair

Heard he wants Kroos.

Unread 25-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Heard he wants Kroos.
Yes please

Unread 25-02-2017, 10:30 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Heard he wants Kroos.
Confirmed

Unread 25-02-2017, 11:07 PM
armchair

Cannot wait for this. It's a pity arsenal/liverpool didn't play today and maybe drop points.

Unread 25-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Confirmed

Jose out on the lash?

Unread 25-02-2017, 11:26 PM
Kent Brockman

The first ever game I remember seeing (on television) was utd vs Southampton in the 1976 fa cup final, so tomorrow will be very poignant for me.

1-0 (Martial)

Unread 25-02-2017, 11:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
History tells us he'll go with a 'physical' player in the Carrick role. A spoiler. Not very United, but if it allows the likes of Pogba, Mkihi, Martial and any new forwards to flourish then so be it. He's tried it with Fellaini and he's had limited with success.
One way of putting it

Unread 26-02-2017, 12:24 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
History tells us he'll go with a 'physical' player in the Carrick role. A spoiler. Not very United, but if it allows the likes of Pogba, Mkihi, Martial and any new forwards to flourish then so be it. He's tried it with Fellaini and he's had limited with success. I think he likes his simplicity and many people have observed he 'follows instructions well'. I get the impression he's a good pro. But I've no doubt he's aware of his limitations. I think it's easier to find a better Fellaini than a new Carrock.

I like Bailly on the ball. Jones is OK too and both considerable better than Rojo ( ok, but erratic and impulsive) and Smalling (just plain shit).. blind brings so much more in that sense.
Based off what

He likes a player who can give a team control and balance in that position rather than physicality

Costinha at Porto, Makelele at Chelsea, Cambiasso or Motta at Inter and Alonso at Madrid
They're all defensive midfielder but not particularly physical
What they all brought was a lot of control to a team

Confident that Jose will bring in the right player to get the best out of Pogba

Unread 26-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Based off what

He likes a player who can give a team control and balance in that position rather than physicality

Costinha at Porto, Makelele at Chelsea, Cambiasso or Motta at Inter and Alonso at Madrid
They're all defensive midfielder but not particularly physical
What they all brought was a lot of control to a team

Confident that Jose will bring in the right player to get the best out of Pogba
Fair enough, perhaps physical isn't the right word.

You can also add Mikel and Matic to that list. A little more functional. All very good players, mind.

Confident he will too. I trust him.

Unread 26-02-2017, 02:33 AM
Cream

Eric is in that somewhere.

Valencia at the end, still can't speak English.

Unread 26-02-2017, 03:53 AM
waynes ear's

Absolutely buzzing for this. Surely we cant lose. Also buzzing that while i cant be in attendance Timers will be up in the gods on my ticket enjoying MUFC dancing out of Wembley with another trophy

Enjoy the day. Nu Wembley is £#%&!ing shit

Edit: cockney reds (sparky) will have gone to two cup finals more than pure in the last 12 months. Always a bonus just for the bare seethe felt in rochdale

Unread 26-02-2017, 09:26 AM
red @rmy

Today can get to £#%&!!
Had tonsillitis all week and had to make the call on Thursday and cancel my place on the bus so he could refill it in time.

Yesterday afternoon I start to feel better and could easily have gone this morning.

Currently being bombarded with pictures of mates on the coach boozing.

GTF!!
First final I've missed in years.
Closed Thread