United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2017, 04:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the vibe inside OT has everything to do with this conversation - although the fact you've interpreted that as 'the songs' again shows you're just bullshitting, since you used 'the vibe inside OT' to attack moyes, and you used 'manager losing the players' to attack moyes as well.

fwiw (not that you care) last season the entire mood changed pretty dramatically from boredom to hope and even quite a lot of excitement

you aren't the only one to dismiss the uefa cup win and treat it with contempt. but it was far more interesting and exciting than many of the CL campaigns we've had. not quite rotterdam obvs, but £#%&! knows what the likes of you would have made of that glorious 90/91 campaign.

as for mourinho, i've no idea if you've always been bitter about him and gone out of your way to slag him off. but if not then what changed?
ffs

Beating some Russian teams then taking Anderlecht and Celta to extra time at OT. Seriously pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
C'mon, it's been long enough now, you can just admit it was mind-numbing, soul-sucking, lobotomy football. No-one will think any less of you. Probably most don't even remember what a huge Louie fan you were.
I quite miss actually beating Liverpool and City rather than getting hard over holding them to 0-0 draws tbf.

Fewer wins at OT under Mou than under LvG. But we had those shots against Burnleh

Unread 12-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
ffs

Beating some Russian teams then taking Anderlecht and Celta to extra time at OT. Seriously pal.
what on earth is your problem

united's eufa cup run last season was ace. we played feyenoord, st etienne, anderlecht and ajax. ask the lads who go to all the aways as well and they'll tell you the same ... there was more romance in that uefa cup run than in most CL campaigns we've played

Unread 12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
what on earth is your problem

united's eufa cup run last season was ace. we played feyenoord, st etienne, anderlecht and ajax. ask the lads who go to all the aways as well and they'll tell you the same ... there was more romance in that uefa cup run than in most CL campaigns we've played
Maybe go and toss them off about it then, pal. It's a horrific competition. As Fergie said, a punishment.

Unread 12-08-2017, 04:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
ffs

Such a contrast with our scintillating run to the FA Cup in 2016, pal

Unread 12-08-2017, 04:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
I quite miss actually beating Liverpool and City rather than getting hard over holding them to 0-0 draws tbf.

Fewer wins at OT under Mou than under LvG. But we had those shots against Burnleh
At least we got to see some £#%&!ing shots.

Unread 12-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Maybe go and toss them off about it then, pal. It's a horrific competition. As Fergie said, a punishment.
as mourinho said, too.

mourinho also pointed out that it wasn't him who qualified united for the uefa cup.

the uefa cup run was great fun. i suspect you have zero empathy for united's history and that all your memories are formed from watching TV. for shame.

Unread 12-08-2017, 05:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
At least we got to see some £#%&!ing shots.
Mostly by Celta tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Such a contrast with our scintillating run to the FA Cup in 2016, pal
Forgotten Rashford at Upton Park and Martial's winner at Wembley?

Proper run.

Quote:
as mourinho said, too.

mourinho also pointed out that it wasn't him who qualified united for the uefa cup.

the uefa cup run was great fun. i suspect you have zero empathy for united's history and that all your memories are formed from watching TV. for shame.
You'd be better off suspecting I couldn't care less about your suspicions tbf.

The Europa is the not the UEFA Cup. Mourinho said he couldn't care less about it at the start of the season. Romantic ffs

Unread 12-08-2017, 05:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Forgotten Rashford at Upton Park and Martial's winner at Wembley?

Proper run.
The point is that all trophies are good, I don't sneer at any of them

Unread 12-08-2017, 05:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The point is that all trophies are good, I don't sneer at any of them
The point really was that the Europa League win last year was far more exciting than many of our CL campaigns.

Thoughts?

Unread 12-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The point really was that the Europa League win last year was far more exciting than many of our CL campaigns.

Thoughts?
no it wasn't, it was the uefa cup run last season had for more romance and historical interest for united fans than many of our CL campaigns have had ... the difference in quality between some of the sides we met last season and some of the sides we've met down the years in the CL is negligible ...

i dare say some dumb £#%&! will respond to that by mentioning bayern, barca, juve, real etc but hey ho, goes with the territory - there are so many bitter killjoy glass half empty #@&%!s claiming to be united fans these days ...

Unread 12-08-2017, 05:47 PM
utd99

Tell you who did breath a sigh of relief when he got tinned, the Samaritans.

Unread 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
no it wasn't, it was the uefa cup run last season had for more romance and historical interest for united fans than many of our CL campaigns have had ... the difference in quality between some of the sides we met last season and some of the sides we've met down the years in the CL is negligible ...

i dare say some dumb £#%&! will respond to that by mentioning bayern, barca, juve, real etc but hey ho, goes with the territory - there are so many bitter killjoy glass half empty #@&%!s claiming to be united fans these days ...
Nah.

Quote:
Tell you who did breath a sigh of relief when he got tinned, the Samaritans.
Brilliant, mate.

Unread 12-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Nah.
yes. it's not even disputable you £#%&!ing muppet.

give me st etienne, ajax, anderlecht and feyenoord over lilles, nantes, depor, wolfsburg, etc any day ...

some of the shit we've faced down the years in the CL would struggle to even make the £#%&!ing uefa cup knock-outs ffs, and even if they did no-one would give a £#%&! about them. we played st etienne. and we played ajax. no idea why you're pretending you don't get it tbh. £#%&!ing oddball.

Unread 12-08-2017, 06:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

give me st etienne, ajax, anderlecht and feyenoord over lilles, nantes, depor, wolfsburg, etc any day ...

some of the shit we've faced down the years in the CL would struggle to even make the £#%&!ing uefa cup knock-outs ffs, and even if they did no-one would give a £#%&! about them. we played st etienne. and we played ajax. no idea why you're pretending you don't get it tbh. £#%&!ing oddball.
Incorrect.

Unread 12-08-2017, 06:15 PM
puressence

The haters

Unread 12-08-2017, 06:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Brilliant, mate.
Cheers.👍

Quote:

Closed Thread