United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: If you could sign bale or ronaldo this summer who would you sign
bale 41 60.29%
ronaldo 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2016, 04:30 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Love Ronnie, but Bale has longer left at the top, and Ronaldo's narcissism is off the charts and getting annoying now.
True, but Bale's top is nowhere near Ronnie's top.

I mean NOWHERE near it.

Unread 07-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That's a completely different kind of point than the one you're trying to make about Bale/Ronaldo. Any team would be weakened if you just took out their best player and didn't replace him.
Americenglish.

to the one you're trying to make.

If we could get you to 'from the one'?

Quote:

I mean NOWHERE near it.
Bale has showed flashes in this tournament and was better than Ronnie for the first couple of games or so. But when it came to Capt Crunch....

Unread 07-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Americenglish.

to the one you're trying to make.

If we could get you to 'from the one'?
If it's good enough for Shakespeare, Dickens, and Austen, and also good writers like Thomas Hardy, then it's good enough for me.

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:13 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Ronaldo turns 32 a good 5 months before Bale turns 28.
Good point, Lingard then.

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Cream

Quote:
If it's good enough for Shakespeare, Dickens, and Austen, and also good writers like Thomas Hardy, then it's good enough for me.
You stood opposite to me in the bright firelight with a face changing and flushing like a girl’s, and a happy youthful buoyant gladness in it very different to your usually quit aspect.
Dickens

Such fickleness! Oh! How different to your brother and to mine! I really believe John has the most constant heart.
Austen

This week he hath been heavy, sour, sad, / And much different from the man he was…
Shakespeare

Hardy was prone to grammatical oddities but I'd have to see an example of 'different than'. On the page. Right now.

Your move.

Edit:
It had been created by his father, a man of a very different stamp from the present representative of the line.
Hardy

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:23 AM
believe

Up next "Giggs or Keith Gillespie?"

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
who would you sign?
Bale, despite being put back in his box by Ronaldo last night . Bale is younger & has far more longevity. We already have 2 senior citizens in Zlatan & Rooney up front , chronologically 5 years apart but both around 33 in football ageing terms .

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:17 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Bale, despite being put back in his box by Ronaldo last night . Bale is younger & has far more longevity. We already have 2 senior citizens in Zlatan & Rooney up front , chronologically 5 years apart but both around 33 in football ageing terms .
I speak five languages but have absolutely no £#%&!ing clue what any of this means.

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
I speak five languages but have absolutely no £#%&!ing clue what any of this means.
Then you are a dumb @#%&! , in any language you choose to use

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:49 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Bale, only because of Ronaldos age.
This.

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:56 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
You stood opposite to me in the bright firelight with a face changing and flushing like a girl’s, and a happy youthful buoyant gladness in it very different to your usually quit aspect.
Dickens

Such fickleness! Oh! How different to your brother and to mine! I really believe John has the most constant heart.
Austen

This week he hath been heavy, sour, sad, / And much different from the man he was…
Shakespeare

Hardy was prone to grammatical oddities but I'd have to see an example of 'different than'. On the page. Right now.

Your move.

Edit:
It had been created by his father, a man of a very different stamp from the present representative of the line.
Hardy

razor blades for breakfast - never too early to correct the Queen's English

Unread 07-07-2016, 09:08 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Then you are a dumb @#%&! , in any language you choose to use
No mate, it's because you're an illiterate moron.

Unread 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
No mate, it's because you're an illiterate moron.
It wasn't that hard to follow , clearly you aren't as bright as you think you are. Anyway I'm not your mate but if you want to talk football do so,but if you just want to act like the @#%&! you have showed yourself to be so far, £#%&! right off

Unread 07-07-2016, 05:55 PM
utd99

Quote:

I mean NOWHERE near it.
True, but it doesn't matter how high Ronaldo's 'top' was if it's likely in the past.

Unread 07-07-2016, 06:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
True, but it doesn't matter how high Ronaldo's 'top' was if it's likely in the past.
He's not going to go back to a player devastating on the counter attack, but I think he'll still be a phenomenal goalscorer for at least another two or three years. Usually forwards decline earlier than most, but his desire and physical condition is relentlessly high.

Wouldn't surprise me if in three years when Bale hits 30, Ronaldo is still outscoring him
Closed Thread