Dancing like Carlton 5 16.13%
The guy in the Crystanbul gif who reacts after everyone else 26 83.87%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Think he'll hit the ground running next season.
A fit and in form Rooney will be massive for us next season. Big JoMo saying that he's gonna play him as a '9 or 10' () will be music to Wazza's (spud) ears.
Remember people saying exactly the same thing this time last year.

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Remember people saying exactly the same thing this time last year.
???

3rd game - MOTM was pulling the strings and instrumental in both of Memphis goals.

5th game - hatrick in the champions league..

Stop chatting shit...

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
???

3rd game - MOTM was pulling the strings and instrumental in both of Memphis goals.

5th game - hatrick in the champions league..

Stop chatting shit...
A couple of passes and three tap-ins against some Belgian part timers?

He stunk the place out (even by his pathetic standards) playing as a number 9 in the first half of last season, that's why LVG was forced to play him in midfield, where he was only marginally less shite.

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
A couple of passes and three tap-ins against some Belgian part timers?

He stunk the place out (even by his pathetic standards) playing as a number 9 in the first half of last season, that's why LVG was forced to play him in midfield, where he was only marginally less shite.
Second half of the season 2016 he went on a run of matches scoring at least a goal a game...Swansea, Sheffield, Newcastle, Liverpool..

He wasn't in midfield till the last quarter...

I'm not sure you watch united much ?

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Dave

Quote:
Second half of the season 2016 he went on a run of matches scoring at least a goal a game...Swansea, Sheffield, Newcastle, Liverpool..

He wasn't in midfield till the last quarter...

I'm not sure you watch united much ?
Four matches, quite the goal scoring 'run', Messi and Ronaldo can only eveny such a 'run' of form.

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Four matches, quite the goal scoring 'run', Messi and Ronaldo can only eveny such a 'run' of form.
When did Van gaal move him to midfield please Dave ? Second half of the season Dave ?

Still waiting on you saying we can meet to check you Redentials / jaw...

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Baron

Someone owes me £100 off a Rooney bet last season... anyone find that for me?

Want it donated to Cancer Research.

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Dave

Quote:
When did Van gaal move him to midfield please Dave ? Second half of the season Dave ?

Still waiting on you saying we can meet to check you Redentials / jaw...
He was moved to midfield when he came back from (another) injury. During that injury United put in their three best performances of the season (Arsenal at home, city away and West away in the cup).

Rooney was horrendous last season, there's no harm in admitting that. He was even worse than he was in 14/15 and he's been getting gradually worse since 2010. 09/10 was his last 'really good' season. Some will point to 11/12, but his general performances weren't great that year and a lot of his goals were penalties/braces in games we were already winning comfortably.

There is no logical footballing reason whatsoever why Wayne Rooney should still be palying for Manchester United (or England). He can no longer play up front, he's never been a number 10, and he sure as shit isn't a midfielder. He no longer has any pace and his first touch goes further than most players can kick it. Whatever it was that he was once good at is long, long gone. His inclusion in any starting line up is of detriment to Manchester United, and if you can't see that (or don't want to see it), then you must be Coleen Rooney.

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He was moved to midfield when he came back from (another) injury. During that injury United put in their three best performances of the season (Arsenal at home, city away and West away in the cup).

Rooney was horrendous last season, there's no harm in admitting that. He was even worse than he was in 14/15 and he's been getting gradually worse since 2010. 09/10 was his last 'really good' season. Some will point to 11/12, but his general performances weren't great that year and a lot of his goals were penalties/braces in games we were already winning comfortably.

There is no logical footballing reason whatsoever why Wayne Rooney should still be palying for Manchester United
(or England). He can no longer play up front, he's never been a number 10, and he sure as shit isn't a midfielder. He no longer has any pace and his first touch goes further than most players can kick it. Whatever it was that he was once good at is long, long gone. His inclusion in any starting line up is of detriment to Manchester United, and if you can't see that (or don't want to see it), then you must be Coleen Rooney.

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Dave

Quote:
Shall we resign Forlan as well then?

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Shall we resign Forlan as well then?
?

Forlan - 98/17

Rooney - 520/245

Nah....

Anymore gems Dave ?

Unread 07-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Dave

Quote:
?

Forlan - 98/17

Rooney - 520/245

Nah....

Anymore gems Dave ?
Are goal scoring stats really the route you want to go down, Coleen?

(PL)

12/13 - 27/12
13/14 - 29/17
14/15 - 33/12
15/16 - 28/8

Unread 07-07-2016, 12:42 PM
saffers

When it comes down to it, rooney scoring 30+ goals in all comps next season as a striker is the most joy any red could get from the upcoming season, lad is a legend and deserves one more shot as the main man under a proper coach.

Unread 07-07-2016, 12:45 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
When it comes down to it, rooney scoring 30+ goals in all comps next season as a striker is the most joy any red could get from the upcoming season, lad is a legend and deserves one more shot as the main man under a proper coach.
I take your point but I personally believe he won't score more than 30 goals in the rest of his career.

Unread 07-07-2016, 12:49 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
I take your point but I personally believe he won't score more than 30 goals in the rest of his career.
If he plays upfront and goes to china he def would
Closed Thread