United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Lok

Only seen him a couple of times but he really didn't look anything special.

I suppose £20m is nothing nowadays, just gets you a squad player and we need that with Bastian half dead, Herrera regressing, Morgan looking lost and only a 35 year old Carrick looking anything like a good enough midfielder.

Unread 05-07-2016, 07:46 PM
dunk

So that's 5...

Unread 05-07-2016, 07:52 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So that's 5...
Well 4 actually

Matuidi always impressed me when he played for PSG
Not the most creative technical footballer but very dynamic

Not a bad signing if true

Would probably put the kibosh on any hopes of Pogba (if they were ever real that is)

Unread 05-07-2016, 08:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Well 4 actually

Matuidi always impressed me when he played for PSG
Not the most creative technical footballer but very dynamic

Not a bad signing if true

Would probably put the kibosh on any hopes of Pogba (if they were ever real that is)
Why? More likely to put the kibosh on Carrick/Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Rooney at 10 etc..

We need some £#%&!ing energy in that midfield more than just about anything, there is nothing at the club presently, aside from Schneiderlin, who can't get off the bench for France...

Unread 05-07-2016, 08:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Why? More likely to put the kibosh on Carrick/Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Rooney at 10 etc..

We need some £#%&!ing energy in that midfield more than just about anything, there is nothing at the club presently, aside from Schneiderlin, who can't get off the bench for France...
Matuidi isn't a holding midfielder but is a box to box midfielder and if we sign Pogba he isn't going to be a holding midfielder and he isn't going to play number 10 as that's Rooney's role

If we sign Matuidi no way we sign Pogba

Unread 05-07-2016, 08:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Matuidi isn't a holding midfielder but is a box to box midfielder and if we sign Pogba he isn't going to be a holding midfielder and he isn't going to play number 10 as that's Rooney's role

Like I said, more likely to put the kibosh on Rooney at 10

Even with Pogba, we desperately need somebody else who can play in midfield and get about the pitch.

Didn't Pogba and Matuidi play alongside each other the other night with Griezmann in the No.10..?

Unread 05-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Withers

Quote:

Utter %@#$&!s ziggster

Unread 05-07-2016, 09:27 PM
The Stella Fella

So when Jose told friends he was chasing an £80m signing for us may be he meant total amount - Matuidi takes us to about that

Unread 05-07-2016, 09:30 PM
S/Side.Red

No problem with Matuidi I suppose, but he'd be a massive disappointment as a Pogba alternative.

Sign them both, cheers.

Unread 05-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Tiberian

Comparable(but better imo) to someone like Ramires in Mourinho's Chelsea side, plenty of energy and aggression. Would be an excellent signing.

It may not be to everyone's aesthetic taste but the Pl requires a certain level of physicality in the team, building a side around the likes of Mata, Herrera, Blind and Darmian was always going to be a problem.

Unread 05-07-2016, 09:44 PM
puressence

Great player Blaise heard this is a done deal btw.

Unread 05-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Vedder

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Welcome

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:11 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
And Pogba as well?

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:19 PM
wiganste

Quote:
From someone on Twitter that said nothing deal will be done yesterday?

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:25 PM
puressence

25 mill baguettes job done

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:26 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So when Jose told friends he was chasing an £80m signing for us may be he meant total amount - Matuidi takes us to about that
He's on about Pogba. Pogba is no 1 target.

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:32 PM
sa7

Quote:
25 mill baguettes job done
Enough about your dinner tomorrow.

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Enough about your dinner tomorrow.

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Iron Fist

How come PSG are letting him go so cheap? Matudi and Veratti are a key component of their side.

He has an amazing engine and workrate, and a nice left foot. Great assist for Giroud the other night.

Have to say I'm surprised, but would be delighted if we got him and Pogba. Pogba would mean Rooney is finished as a starter for us.

Unread 05-07-2016, 10:42 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
How come PSG are letting him go so cheap? Matudi and Veratti are a key component of their side.

He has an amazing engine and workrate, and a nice left foot. Great assist for Giroud the other night.

Have to say I'm surprised, but would be delighted if we got him and Pogba. Pogba would mean Rooney is finished as a starter for us.
They've just brought in Krychowiak from Sevilla so I assume he's surplus to requirements.
Closed Thread