United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Smeggs

Default Players to try and persuade club to sign Tevez....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6269591.ece

plus all this Tevez to the Murderers stuff as well. Really starting to grind my gears that.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:46 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Really starting to grind my gears that.
hello? is that peter griffin?

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:48 PM
armchair

We made up the scouse and city rumours on here ages ago. I think Slops was the first to name them specifically and that was weeks before the notw 'revelations.'

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Rossi the Red

So how will the Tevez deal work?

Do MSI just sell to the highest bidder? Or does Tevez decide where he wants to go? What if he wants to stay with us and we offer £20m...but then City or Liverpool put bids in of £35m? Do MSI turn round to Tevez and say he has to go there?

3rd party ownerships should be banned by FIFA i reckon, absolute disgrace!

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We made up the scouse and city rumours on here ages ago. I think Slops was the first to name them specifically and that was weeks before the notw 'revelations.'
@#%&!.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
borsuk

who could have leaked that to the press, i wonder

is it true he's a free agent in the summer - that the msi thing runs out? if that's the case then united would be crackers to pay 20 mil or whatever it is to msi now when they can deal directly with tevez in the summer instead.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Half the spas reporting Tevez to Liverpool are doing it to wind up United and 99% of any dipper who says he wants him, only wants it to happen out of spite. Now for a team that is 19 years since winning the league, you'd think they'd be concentrating on bigger things, perhaps players that might actually make them better instead of some pathetic oneupmanship over us, but not them.
City of course would take him in a flash and I can't blame them for it either. He wouldn't suit liverpool though.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
armchair

No he'll still be owned by msi in the summer.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
City or Liverpool put bids in of £35m? Do MSI turn round to Tevez and say he has to go there?
nobody is going to pay £35m for carlos tevez ffs. he's a good player but that's just ridiculous.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

City would.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nobody is going to pay £35m for carlos tevez ffs. he's a good player but that's just ridiculous.
City would though wouldn't they...just short change for them.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
No he'll still be owned by msi in the summer.
So whoever signs him, they will not own the player?

How does that work? What's the point of a transfer fee?

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Smeggs

Quote:

my understanding was it will be like Macherano signing (officially a murderer player now i think)

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

He meant the contract with MSI doesn't expire in the summer. To buy the contract from MSI will cost 35m. The only thing that expires this summer is his contract to United and my patience.

I think.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
So how will the Tevez deal work?

Do MSI just sell to the highest bidder? Or does Tevez decide where he wants to go? What if he wants to stay with us and we offer £20m...but then City or Liverpool put bids in of £35m? Do MSI turn round to Tevez and say he has to go there?

3rd party ownerships should be banned by FIFA i reckon, absolute disgrace!
As part of the loan deal, we have first refusal to buy his registration for £22m. We'd then own him lock, stock and barrel. If we don't want to take that up, he can be sold to any club (including us) for any price, although presumably he'd have to want to go there or the club wouldn't want to buy him.

I guess another loan deal could be done with any club as well.

Whatever happens, those agents will be making big money again.

Unread 12-05-2009, 01:59 PM
armchair

Quote:

I was answering borsuk's question. Tevez will not be a free agent in the summer before being signed by a club. The transfer fee will be paid to msi.

Unread 12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He meant the contract with MSI doesn't expire in the summer. To buy the contract from MSI will cost 35m. The only thing that expires this summer is his contract to United and my patience.

I think.
Oh right, i thought he meant whoever pays the fee for him will not own him.

Unread 12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Rossi the Red

I think we should sign him, personally.

But, after that interview he gave i'm not so sure he even wants to stay anymore.

Unread 12-05-2009, 02:02 PM
sullers

About a year ago, I contacted MSI about a potential job

I feel clean now. Tbf, they didn't even give me a reply

Unread 12-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Rossi the Red

Do they own any other players?
Closed Thread