Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Le Tiss world class btw?
running rings around the likes of colin cooper

Unread 28-07-2017, 07:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Le Tiss world class btw?
He was bloody good, let's not engage in revisionism here just because he's a pretty crap (and ABU) pundit.

Unread 28-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He was bloody good, let's not engage in revisionism here just because he's a pretty crap (and ABU) pundit.
Was nowhere near first class and playing at a time where most defenders had a lifestyle akin to me when I was a piss head and 5 stone heavier but with training everyday bro. Never proven in Europe/International either.

Unread 28-07-2017, 09:38 PM
lindelof

Quote:
Le Tiss world class btw?
No.

Unread 28-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
If we hadve signed Shearer, we would've beaten Dortmund in 97 and won the Champions League. Remember saying exactly that to my old man when we left Old Trafford after the second leg. I was right then and I'm still right now.
Can't argue with that

Unread 28-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
All ifs and maybes though at the end of the day.
none of that was ifs or maybes. it was what we saw using our eyes.

and the point is that you can slate the 90s PL all you like, but for 3 straight seasons at the end of the 90s, and possibly for at least a season in the mid 90ss, the PL had the best team in europe.

Unread 28-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
If you're a huge star in the mid '90s English league, to reach world class status you probably have to go to Italy. Or do it in the European Cup/international level. Think Shearer was linked with Juventus around '95. That was the platform.
not being funny but weren't you probably about 4 years old while all this was going on?

Unread 28-07-2017, 09:53 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
World class players are as rare as hen's teeth. Ronaldo stood out in one of United's best ever teams. That's world class.

Best, Law and Charlton stood out in one of United's best ever teams. That's world class.

Di Stefano and Puskas stood out in a great Real Madrid team. That's world class.

Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard stood out in a great Milan team. That's world class.

There's barely any around today other than Ronaldo and Messi. Both are getting on. United should be scouting their balls off to find the next few in line under 25. Probably under 20 as that's the only way we're going to get one.
yeah, this

Unread 28-07-2017, 10:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was nowhere near first class and playing at a time where most defenders had a lifestyle akin to me when I was a piss head and 5 stone heavier but with training everyday bro. Never proven in Europe/International either.
Was made a scapegoat with England tbf, rather like a certain Andy Cole for example.

Not saying he was world class, but he was good. He wouldn't have disgraced us IMO.

Unread 28-07-2017, 10:30 PM
armchair

the guy he was supposed to replace has come back over a decade later and replaced him

Unread 28-07-2017, 11:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
not being funny but weren't you probably about 4 years old while all this was going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
none of that was ifs or maybes. it was what we saw using our eyes.

and the point is that you can slate the 90s PL all you like, but for 3 straight seasons at the end of the 90s, and possibly for at least a season in the mid 90ss, the PL had the best team in europe.
Juventus were patently the best side in Europe right until we dethroned them in spring '99.

Unread 28-07-2017, 11:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Juventus were patently the best side in Europe right until we dethroned them in spring '99.
Didn't we absolutely smash them at OT in '97 or'98?

Unread 28-07-2017, 11:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't we absolutely smash them at OT in '97 or'98?
Yeah beat them 3-2 at Old Trafford. Real landmark moment for the side imo. Think we lost 1-0 in Turin.

But they were getting to three finals in four years. They were the benchmark.

Unread 28-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah that's what I thought.

A total expert via YouTube clips and google.

Unread 28-07-2017, 11:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah that's what I thought.

A total expert via YouTube clips and google.
May have watched it through young eyes pal, but the difference when you turned on channel 4 and got the Italian stuff

Plus Sky do Premier League Years. Say no more

Unread 28-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
May have watched it through young eyes pal, but the difference when you turned on channel 4 and got the Italian stuff

Plus Sky do Premier League Years. Say no more
Yeah took English clubs a while to shake off the cobwebs of the euro ban. Set us all back.

Juventus of the mid 90s were different gravy though. And Conte still didn't have hair.

Unread 28-07-2017, 11:59 PM
taff

i'm open to the idea of a horse with the head of a rabbit and the body of a rabbit.

Unread 29-07-2017, 12:02 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i'm open to the idea of a horse with the head of a rabbit and the body of a rabbit.
A hobbit.

Unread 29-07-2017, 02:31 AM
iKIDSTER

sounds like a Lukaku app
Closed Thread