United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default I couldn't believe Fletcher's performance last night.

I know he's incapable of winning 50-50s but it looked so easy to take the ball off him.
Then in the last 20 minutes any poor clearence from the back was met with a Reading player in miles of space.

He was never good to begin with but he is definetly getting worse.

As for O'Shea and Richardson. They were just consistantly shit.

Unread 28-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Jack Duckworth

not read any other posts yet, so not had chance to get other fans' opinion. but last night, i think fletcher, o'shea, richardson, brown, saha and park proved that whilst they may be decent squad players, they're nowhere good enough for the first team on a regular basis.

relieved to get through in the end.

Unread 28-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Gog Coch

Gutless fartartists.

Unread 28-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Fuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
not read any other posts yet, so not had chance to get other fans' opinion. but last night, i think fletcher, o'shea, richardson, brown, saha and park proved that whilst they may be decent squad players, they're nowhere good enough for the first team on a regular basis.

Disagree on Saha and I think Park is a very good squad player, but otherwise spot on.

Unread 28-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I thought Saha was o.k. He held up the ball well.

Aside from the three stooges dreadful, and I mean £#%&!ing useless performance, I think Heinze and Brown were quite frankly poor.

I'm sorry, I know I'm stating the obvious about Fletcher but he just can't be let near a first team that's trying to win the league.

Even with a full strenght team around him, he manages to drag down the performance.

Unread 28-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Flowers of Manchester

Default Shite last night

in no particular order;

Fletcher
Richardson
O Shea
Park

surprised - NO

which coincidently was our midfield last night and was worried about them before we kicked off.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:27 PM
jem

Default I can't believe

you couldn't believe fletch's performance last night.

that's how he's always played. lightweight, easy to knock off the ball, doesn't know how to tackle, floats around near the action... can control the ball and play an obvious pass if given time (even knock a header into an empty net if unchallenged or shoot from the edge of the box on a good day), otherwise he just runs around on the periphery without really getting involved.

also didn't have the %@#$&!s to shoot with his left even when were 3-0 up.

he's a £#%&!ing nervous pigeon and that's all there is to his game. he is, without question, the most pointless player in our squad. richardson has talent, but isn't a thoughtful team player. o'shea has talent, but lacks gumption. park is enthusiastic, at least - although he has no skill with the ball at his feet, he does at least make tackles. fletch has no redeeming quality that is of any use to the team. any @#%&! can score the odd goal if he's lucky enough to find himself in the right place.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a £#%&!ing nervous pigeon
Have some rep for that Jemima

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but lacks gumption
'gumption' has got to be the most rep-worthy word i have ever seen on here.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:53 PM
florentino ariza

Saha was our best player last night providing a constant threat both physically and through pace

What it might not have been possible to pick up on the gogglevision was that when he got caught in possession invariably it was because he had either brought the ball down or beat a man then looked up to see no movement around him and no support from a pitiful midfield. He was then shut down by three unoccupied opponents. On numerous occasions he evaded this mass marking

He must play against the dipping chaps

I suggest we kidnap o'shea

I'm deadly serious

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you couldn't believe fletch's performance last night.

that's how he's always played. lightweight, easy to knock off the ball, doesn't know how to tackle, floats around near the action... can control the ball and play an obvious pass if given time (even knock a header into an empty net if unchallenged or shoot from the edge of the box on a good day), otherwise he just runs around on the periphery without really getting involved.

also didn't have the %@#$&!s to shoot with his left even when were 3-0 up.

he's a £#%&!ing nervous pigeon and that's all there is to his game. he is, without question, the most pointless player in our squad. richardson has talent, but isn't a thoughtful team player. o'shea has talent, but lacks gumption. park is enthusiastic, at least - although he has no skill with the ball at his feet, he does at least make tackles. fletch has no redeeming quality that is of any use to the team. any @#%&! can score the odd goal if he's lucky enough to find himself in the right place.
It's just very frustrating Jem.

I suppose I was just in a state of denial that someone who can't play football could make a living out of it and does it for United.

The other stuff you said is correct too.

Unread 28-02-2007, 01:00 PM
El Calafate

no matter how crap the players are, it's the manager's fault for continuously picking them. it's like groundhog day. nft.

Unread 28-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Amish Mash

I think Saha's first touch is as far as I can kick it!

Very dangerous in and around the box but scares the shit out of you when facing his own goal around the half way line.

He needs more touches than a pissed up punter getting his monies worth!

Unread 28-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Dr_Mongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

What's wrong with Saha? I think (when fit) he's been excellent for us. we're a lot better team with him playing than RVN

Unread 28-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
Saha was our best player last night providing a constant threat both physically and through pace

What it might not have been possible to pick up on the gogglevision was that when he got caught in possession invariably it was because he had either brought the ball down or beat a man then looked up to see no movement around him and no support from a pitiful midfield. He was then shut down by three unoccupied opponents. On numerous occasions he evaded this mass marking

He must play against the dipping chaps

I suggest we kidnap o'shea

I'm deadly serious
Picked it up on the gogglebox that it was the movement that suffered most from all the changes - the ball wasn't being released quick enough. Better United sides than last night's have had problems with this all 3 previous times we've played Reading this season.

btw Kidnap O'Shea

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
no matter how crap the players are, it's the manager's fault for continuously picking them. it's like groundhog day. nft.
It is his fault we're in the quarter finals after blowing Reading away inside 10 minutes. One of the best 10 minutes of the entire season it was as well. Anyone who didn't enjoy it is not a United fan. I'd have doubts about anyone who is now choosing to ignore the joy of it on that score, as well.

He may continually pick these players, but he very rarely picks them altogether like last night. Got the job done.

People whinged about having to play an extra game cus of the OT draw. Well that game has been played and virtually all the first XI got all the rest they needed.

Onwards and upwards. Que sera sera.............

Unread 28-02-2007, 03:46 PM
khmk

I suspect that Fletcher has rickets.

Unread 28-02-2007, 05:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Fletcher lost out on about half a dozen challenges last night that were at least 60/40 in HIS favour.
He bottles challenges all over the park. Not good enough.

Richardson was poor too.

Heinze was very dissapointing....he's a shadow of the player he was in his first season.

Saha did well at times, but he's a greedy sod!....his football brain isn't that good.
He can be a threat though & I think he has to start with Rooney on Saturday.

Wes & Silvestre did ok....O'Shea was neither here nor there.

I love Park's attitude to the game, but he's so directionless...you never know what he's thinking when he's got the ball.

It was a sloppy display....lots of misplaced passes...poor shape to the side...lots of long balls (understandably bypassing the midfield)...
Rio was at fault for their first goal, but otherwise he played well..as did the keeper again.

At least we're through though..

Unread 28-02-2007, 05:19 PM
thatsfuctit

I vented my frustration on this subject last night, but as I said then, Ronnie is proof that you can put some beef on if you are prepared to put in a bit of graft in the gym, currently its like having Mr Muscle bossing our midfield, the ease with which he is knocked off the ball is staggering, and more the fact that having pottered about on the ball for 3 or 4 seconds he is constantly suprised when he is challenged for the ball.

Unread 28-02-2007, 05:36 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I know he's incapable of winning 50-50s but it looked so easy to take the ball off him.
Then in the last 20 minutes any poor clearence from the back was met with a Reading player in miles of space.

He was never good to begin with but he is definetly getting worse.

As for O'Shea and Richardson. They were just consistantly shit.
I said the same thing at work today mate.

Possibly the worst individual performance of the season.

Wes was equally shit. Which saddens me as he is one of my favourites.

Unread 28-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Fletcher lost out on about half a dozen challenges last night that were at least 60/40 in HIS favour.
He bottles challenges all over the park. Not good enough.

Richardson was poor too.

Heinze was very dissapointing....he's a shadow of the player he was in his first season.

Saha did well at times, but he's a greedy sod!....his football brain isn't that good.
He can be a threat though & I think he has to start with Rooney on Saturday.

Wes & Silvestre did ok....O'Shea was neither here nor there.

I love Park's attitude to the game, but he's so directionless...you never know what he's thinking when he's got the ball.

It was a sloppy display....lots of misplaced passes...poor shape to the side...lots of long balls (understandably bypassing the midfield)...
Rio was at fault for their first goal, but otherwise he played well..as did the keeper again.

At least we're through though..
Good post.
Closed Thread