United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:05 PM
legendary saf

Default EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool Officials In Madrid For Torres

Goal.com can reveal that Liverpool officials are in Madrid to complete the transfer of Fernando Torres.

The big money signings that the new Liverpool owners have been promising might finally become a reality.

George Gillett had insisted on Monday evening that he was ready for Liverpool's "phase two": the signing of new players after securing key ones to improved contracts, and there have been definite movements.

They have been tracking Fernando Torres for a while, and have now stepped up their efforts.

The Reds are looking to make their mark this summer, and a team has travelled to Madrid, we can confirm.

The objective is to finalise the transfer of the Atleti skipper, and today itself if possible.

Torres, 23, has scored 14 goals in what has been a very moderate season, one in which the club have collectively struggled.

After having his buy-out clause reduced to 40 million euros last summer, he is now ready to make the jump to a bigger club.

An earlier bid (from another club) in the region of 30 million euros fell just short of expectations, and we believe that Liverpool will offer players as a part of the deal, in order to bring down the price. Luis Garcia - who played at Atletico Madrid before Barcelona - is supposedly the player who has been offered.

The midfielder had an absolutely stunning season at the Vicente Calderon in 2002-03, when he scored 9 goals in 30 games in addition to setting up many, and still has admirers at the club.

It is being seen by many as a trip similar to Carlos Quieroz's to Portugal, when Manchester United set the transfer marked on fire. At the very least, the objective is similar, to tell other clubs, and as much their own fans, that they mean business!

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=332509
---------

Goal.com

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:06 PM
koppas

From goal.com

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:16 PM
TheNew

That article sounds like it has been written by a giddy five year old.

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

What is goal.com?

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:18 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What is goal.com?
More advanced version of tribalfootball.com.

actually not, goal.com invent their stuff while tribalfootball report it from worldwide papers.

They were saying we were after Ibrahimovic yesterday, no other sites reported this.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=331901

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
More advanced version of tribalfootball.com.

actually not, goal.com invent their stuff while tribalfootball report it from worldwide papers.

Ah, is it written by Gullem Balague and the staff of The Daily Star?

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:23 PM
koppas

So why did you bother posting it?

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:26 PM
punk_football

Do you think their playing football manager, and any transfer news on FM they report it

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:30 PM
punk_football

I have just applied for a job at goal.com, says it all

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:36 PM
MJ Ramone

..yes, it's a shite source..yes it's yet another 'transfer story'..but, I did get a sinking feeling when I read that because I really do think there might be some truth in it.
Liverpool are very quiet at the minute...& Benitez is bound to have an advantage in the Spanish market (just as Carlos has in Portugal)
I really hope this isn't true.

I honestly think Torres is the final piece in our jigsaw in terms of having a nigh on perfect squad.
It'd be a sickener to see him end up at the dippers.

This time last year all the talk (hopes) was of Torres & Mascherano. I don't want to see both of them in Liverpool shirts for £#%&!s sake.

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:38 PM
11:44

I hope to £#%&! they get him, another Heskey in the making.

Unread 20-06-2007, 12:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11:44
I hope to £#%&! they get him, another Heskey in the making.
You gotta love thisplace for stuff like this. "Where's the head shaking smilie when you need it)

Unread 20-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Lazy journalism in work
http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...429746,00.html

Quote:
One internet report suggests that Liverpool have despatched officials to Madrid in order to open talks with Atletico Madrid, who might be tempted by an offer of former player Luis Garcia in part exchange
I'm starting to dislike f365

Unread 20-06-2007, 01:48 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
One internet report suggests
quality.

Unread 20-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Rhodzy

goal.com is run by a liverpool fan, and this Garcia talk is from something Ballague said tongue in cheek on Revista last night

Graham Hunter was on talksport this morning saying he wants to leaves and wants a move to Man United
His agent was on talksport a few months ago saying if he were to leave Man United would be his preffered option

Unread 20-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Lazy journalism in work
http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...429746,00.html

I'm starting to dislike f365
You do know the 365 group is / has been picked up by Murdoch's evil empire?

Unread 20-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

No wasn't aware of that.

Unread 20-06-2007, 02:00 PM
penguin1

Default Ballague...

...is the bloke who said last summer that Torres was a CERTAINTY for us.

So he clearly knows what he's talking about.

( Gab Marcotti takes the piss out of him. )

Unread 20-06-2007, 02:02 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
goal.com is run by a liverpool fan, and this Garcia talk is from something Ballague said tongue in cheek on Revista last night

Graham Hunter was on talksport this morning saying he wants to leaves and wants a move to Man United
His agent was on talksport a few months ago saying if he were to leave Man United would be his preffered option
Look at Mrs Torres getting worked up over a fake story.

Unread 20-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Look at Mrs Torres getting worked up over a fake story.
Mrs Rossi
And i'm just pointing out facts mate

Its also quiet on the Torres to united front, I expect him to sign by the weekend
Closed Thread