United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2007, 03:16 AM
S/Side.Red

Default Fergie on Ronaldo

“It’s a clear penalty. I don’t know what they are going on about. If it had been any other player, they wouldn’t have bothered.

“In the first game he had nine fouls against him. Ronaldo got no protection. Tonight the referee did his job and protected the players. We need strong referees in these games.

“It’s because it’s Ronaldo. It’s a shame, that. It’s putting a stigma on the boy which is not deserved.

“I saw the interview he had and he was magnificent because it was a poor interview, a disgraceful interview. Stretching it out, hoping the boy trips himself up, and he doesn’t understand how intelligent the boy is.

“It was a poor interview. I was disgusted with that. Sky should have a good look at themselves.

“He’s a great player. A fantastic player. A phenomenal player.

“We’ve had some great players at this club. I’m proud that I’ve seen in my twenty years here we have had some fantastic players and he is up there with the best of them, without question.”

Unread 20-03-2007, 03:20 AM
Grimson

Calling out Sky, £#%&!ing quality.

Makes me proud to read that.

Unread 20-03-2007, 03:22 AM
TreeFiddy

Good words from Fergie there. Nice to see someone with a voice that gets heard, using it to say what's being said on places like here. The media in this country are a bunch of sad and pathetic know nothing @#%&!s.

Go on, £#%&! off and praise that fat useless @#%&! Lampard for a change while criticising one of the greatest players in the world! #@&%!s.

Oh and just to add that I £#%&!ing hate Sky so that dig was pleasant reading!

Unread 20-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Luffy

best manager in the world.

who interviewed ronaldo btw? it was funny when ronaldo said polemic and the sky guy hesitated as if he didnt understand what ronaldo had just said.

Unread 20-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Terry Silver

Thumbs up

Go on, Fergie.

Unread 20-03-2007, 05:52 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up not much gets past fergie

i can't think of another manager who'd have noticed that and come out and said it. no wonder the press are scared shitless of him. and no wonder the players love him.

Unread 20-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Rossi the Red

£#%&!ing brilliant Fergie. That interview was a complete an utter shambles!

Fergie doesn't realise how much influence he can have when he comes out with statements like that. He's the most respected manager in England...if not Europe. Anything he says is going to be taken seriously.

Well done Fergie!

Unread 20-03-2007, 08:27 AM
waynes ear's

Geoff Shreeves would have interviewed Ronaldo - could be wrong though

Unread 20-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Geoff Shreeves would have interviewed Ronaldo - could be wrong though
No it was him mate!

Shame cos he's normally alright.

Unread 20-03-2007, 08:38 AM
waynes ear's

yeah, shreeves is normally good i agree, especially when fergie swears

[YOUTUBE]zULO7DVyZtU[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 20-03-2007, 09:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Incidentally, I notice that on Sky's morning news they are showing the penalty from every angle except the one that clearly shows the contact and pretty much ends the debate.

No intention of stringing this out there, then.

Unread 20-03-2007, 09:48 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Incidentally, I notice that on Sky's morning news they are showing the penalty from every angle except the one that clearly shows the contact and pretty much ends the debate.

No intention of stringing this out there, then.
Correct!

I don't think Sky are ABU. Sky promote anything that makes a story.

The angle they persist with doesn't actually do Ronaldo any favours.

One angle shows conclusively that it's a pen. It's the angle from United's right.

But that wouldn't fit in with the whole story scope would it? A game won with a single penalty isn't very news worthy.
A game won with a controversial penalty is a totally different matter.

Both Ray Wilkins and Jamie Redknapp in the studio said clear penalty and were praising Ronnie.

However, this morning, 'Ronaldo in more diving' bullshit.

There's no debate. It's a penalty all day long.

I find something seriously wrong with our football culture when we go on and on about diving, but when someone like James Morrison intentionally takes out a player and threatens their career, we describe him as 'young and frustrated'. We accept that. It's a man's game etc etc

But, Ronaldo is 'cheat'. Is Morrison for a malicious attack? No. He's 'frustrated'.

Which is a more damaging element to our game?

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Serenity Now

Absolutely brilliant! That interview was a £#%&!ing disgrace.

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Fatboy Shrek

http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/show...921#post347921

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:40 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Absolutely brilliant! That interview was a £#%&!ing disgrace.
exactly. Do you think you should have stayed up? £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:42 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs down

This thread is in breach of unofficial Manchester United Football Club fans forum rules and etiquette. 15 successive posts and no-one has called Fergie a @#%&!.

@#%&!!

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Fatboy Shrek

The Ferguson Swing-o-meter is peaking

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:51 PM
MUFC One Love

It's funny looking at the Scousers on that forum and other fans squirming.

They realise just what a player we have and how great he is and what he can do for us and they hate it, they despise it, so resort to the "cheat" thing, you can almost sense the desperation in their posts. They're gutted he plays for United and United could well have a special season this season. Gerrard goes down under minimal contact, is he a cheat? Some people are so hypocritical.

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:58 PM
The Watcher

£#%&! sky. £#%&! the bbc. £#%&! the FA, Premier League and the football league too. Not to mention the supporters of every other side in England. And £#%&! the national team too. £#%&! them all, the @#%&!s.

If we win the title this year, I'm going to print of a big £#%&! off picture of Ronnie holding the League Trophy, with the lyrics to "Our Boy Ronaldo" written on it and stick it on my notice board for every abu @#%&! in my office to see.

Unread 20-03-2007, 04:59 PM
punk_football

Strangely enough i never saw you have a go at our beloved Stevie G when he won us a couple of soft penalties a few weeks back.

Ronaldo is a class act. I'd give my right nut to have him in our side.
Closed Thread