United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:06 PM
sub three hours

I reckon Citeh and the Scouse will both hate that draw.

I'm really unsure who I'd prefer to win it to be honest

I hate to admit it but it's probably the most exciting tie of the 4.

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Sparky***

City are going to win it eventually anyway. It's inevitable.

They may as well drill Liverpool 6-0 on aggregate while they're at it.

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:09 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

True I suppose, either way a team that i detest are getting through to the semis. That rubs salt in the wound a bit.

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:10 PM
RemisMoses

Sorry Jammy I cant quote.

I just think they will be the 2 main teams for the foreseeable. Especially in this country. Our karma will be hoping for a bigger team in europe to beat them just like it was for our rivals in the 90's & 00's and we can laugh into our sleeves.

Who will compete with the 2 of them?

Spurs: New stadium and the main players will leave soon and they are spurs and they don't have money

Chelsea: New manager coming in and the Russian clearly doesn't want to compete financially anymore

United:

Arsenal: see united

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Would prefer Liverpool go through on the basis that they are less likely to beat the potential semis/finalists, said the same in 05 though

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:14 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Would prefer Liverpool go through on the basis that they are less likely to beat the potential semis/finalists, said the same in 05 though
Id agree, there's no way they can win big ears with that defence. Especially with the other draw's favouring the bigger teams. Bayern Madrid and Barca in the semis hopefully.

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Time For Heroes

Had a bet on Bayern @ 9/2 yesterday so am happy with that draw.

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Clarkie

Unread 16-03-2018, 02:53 PM
sub three hours

Am I right here? Could this work in our favour as the derby is sandwiched between these 2 games. As such Pep's almost certain to play a understrength Citeh side in the derby, which if we win it, would mean we wouldn't have to do the guard of honour thing.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Am I right here? Could this work in our favour as the derby is sandwiched between these 2 games. As such Pep's almost certain to play a understrength Citeh side in the derby, which if we win it, would mean we wouldn't have to do the guard of honour thing.
The guard of honour thing won't be happening as they haven't won the league and won't until they beat us.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:15 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
In the worse case scenario (Swansea beat us & Berts win at Goodison) we will arrive at the Emptyhad 19 points behind with seven games left. Therefore we will NOT have to applaud them on.

If they drop points at Goodison (wazza!!) and we beat Swansea, they won't win it until we've gone

edit.. like Dunk said

Unread 16-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Stickman

Quote:
So you think If we beat city we don’t clap our next opponents out? You’re spot on tbf

Unread 16-03-2018, 04:27 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
So you think If we beat city we don’t clap our next opponents out? You’re spot on tbf
Sub three hours... more like sub three brain cells. Amirite?

Unread 16-03-2018, 04:43 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I believe we have around 150 billion brain cells pal, I've lost more then 3 while typing this.

Unread 16-03-2018, 06:14 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The guard of honour thing won't be happening as they haven't won the league and won't until they beat us.

Got it, cheers dunc, so if we beat them in the derby they don't win it that day!

Quote:

Okay mastermind, I admit this old brain was getting a little mystified by it.

Unread 16-03-2018, 06:16 PM
75Red

Quote:

Got it, cheers dunc, so if we beat them in the derby

We won’t.

Unread 16-03-2018, 07:12 PM
zanzare

For me, the best thing about this draw is the fact that all the juventini bastards that have given me shit relentlessly from Wednesday morning onwards went silent just after lunch time today.

As reds we all have two teams that must not win it.

I have three.:

Unread 16-03-2018, 07:17 PM
flixton

Best if the scouse beat City because City are better and lots of those left will easily beat Liverpool. Would also be funny if the best team ever in the history of the universe were knocked out at QF. Added bonus would be that scouse league form would suffer.

Unread 16-03-2018, 07:27 PM
AK14

Would have preferred they both drew the big Spanish two tbh and get knocked out, done and dusted and we can relax knowing neither of them will be two games away from a final

As it is give me City winning the tie, don’t want the scouse bastards anywhere near a chance to get to the final and have a chance of scabbing another one. City as sparky has said will win it eventually and IMO it will always feel like a hollow win as they’re not really Manchester City any more and are Abu Dhabi Money FC (maybe has something with me not living in Manchester?)

Unread 16-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Nothing is inevitable. The owners could £#%&! off next week.

City can win the cup if they get through. Liverpool are much longer shots and need to get very lucky to win the cup. It’s the first decent team either are facing in the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Benitez knew how to defend and be tactical. Klopp is one dimensional. Teams with a good defence as the foundation can fluke it. Liverpool don’t have that. They’ll need a shit load of luck to get past teams like Madrid, Munich, Barca etc. City wouldn’t. Get city out. Liverpool under klopp are destined for glorious failure, like spurs. All teams with a good attack without the foundation of a solid defence has that destiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Best if the scouse beat City because City are better and lots of those left will easily beat Liverpool. Would also be funny if the best team ever in the history of the universe were knocked out at QF. Added bonus would be that scouse league form would suffer.
Especially as all the hype during the group stages was who would win it out of City and PSG. Never stops the short term hype and extreme reactions as a result though
Closed Thread