United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2017, 11:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

The state of the legacy. Centre half who hasn’t started a league game in eight months. Midfielder, 21, who has one league start.

The progress of Martial and Rashford. Having just complained Mou has to play them instead of his own players.

Lindelof.

Wow.

Unread 13-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

The state of the legacy. Centre half who hasn’t started a league game in eight months. Midfielder, 21, who has one league start.

The progress of Martial and Rashford. Having just complained Mou has to play them instead of his own players.

Lindelof.

Wow.

Unread 13-12-2017, 11:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Lindelof.

Wow.

Carnage

Unread 13-12-2017, 11:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Carnage
Siders posts aren't that bad tbf.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:00 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They are.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You and I are going to fall out soon, Riccers. Too much snide as of late.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
More snide from Cumbrias finest....

Will it ever end ?

#wereallKeatons

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I’m sure I remember that goalkeeper Pereira getting a sub game last spring. “Developing nicely” etc

Zorg

Quote:

red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
I will admit to the odd snide in your direction, but that one was meant affectionately pal.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I will admit to the odd snide in your direction, but that one was meant affectionately pal.
Exactly. That was one of the nicer ones.

If people knew some of the rep abuse you chuck my way ffs

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:09 AM
armchair

it's like lvg was "pass to a player, it doesn't matter if it's forward or back just don't lose the ball" and mou is "get rid!"

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:34 AM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
it's like lvg was "pass to a player, it doesn't matter if it's forward or back just don't lose the ball" and mou is "get rid!"
you forgot to add under LVG , "FFS don't shoot"

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:39 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
you forgot to add under LVG , "FFS don't shoot"
file shooting under 'losing the ball'

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:48 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
file shooting under 'losing the ball'

There does seem to be two completely opposite game plans that we’ve been subjected to. Both utterely shit when you have a team full of shit @#%&!s trying to follow them.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:09 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Mou hasn't set the world on fire but we have to remember where we were at his starting point, which was shit and going to football hell in a hand cart. He's stopped the rot and is slowly but surely turning it around, next windows are very big ones, if he gets what he wants we'll be there or there abouts among the Euro elite again.

Unread 14-12-2017, 09:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

There does seem to be two completely opposite game plans that we’ve been subjected to. Both utterely shit when you have a team full of shit @#%&!s trying to follow them.
There is a difference for me, which is the basis of favouring LvG over Mou. Under LvG the style was incomplete. The shape was good, the defensive organisation good which meant despite playing high up we conceded few goals. We dominated the ball and territory well, even in big games, but we lacked cutting edge. Many reasons why.

On the other hand, this is generally what a Mourinho side looks like. As Saffers says, without City’s freakish run we’d be there or thereabouts. The results under Mou, outside the big games, really aren’t that bad. But if we are successful under him, this is pretty close to how it will look. When we are clinical and score great goals it’ll look good on a MOTD highlight reel, but week to week you win games by what feel like fine margins and it rarely captivates.

Unread 14-12-2017, 09:55 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 14-12-2017, 10:27 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
There is a difference for me, which is the basis of favouring LvG over Mou. Under LvG the style was incomplete. The shape was good, the defensive organisation good which meant despite playing high up we conceded few goals. We dominated the ball and territory well, even in big games, but we lacked cutting edge. Many reasons why.

On the other hand, this is generally what a Mourinho side looks like. As Saffers says, without City’s freakish run we’d be there or thereabouts. The results under Mou, outside the big games, really aren’t that bad. But if we are successful under him, this is pretty close to how it will look. When we are clinical and score great goals it’ll look good on a MOTD highlight reel, but week to week you win games by what feel like fine margins and it rarely captivates.
Maybe - I watch very little football nowadays but I’ve seen mou’s teams play far better football than we currently are doing and above all I do think we need to arrest the decline within the club by, to quote krs 1, ‘any means necessary’.

Lvg’s plan would no doubt have come good, but not in 3 years and not when he made so many mistakes in terms of squad management, transfers, squad disallusionment, rooney etc

The bigger issue, which you’ve made many times and I agree with 100% is how the club manages succession. City have put into place a long term plan - I think it shines a huge light on our club that the only football advisors I’m aware of are Bobby Charlton and saf- both rooted in a bygone era. Mou shouldn’t come after lvg but should have come after saf. Moyes

Unread 14-12-2017, 10:43 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Maybe - I watch very little football nowadays but I’ve seen mou’s teams play far better football than we currently are doing and above all I do think we need to arrest the decline within the club by, to quote krs 1, ‘any means necessary’.

Lvg’s plan would no doubt have come good, but not in 3 years and not when he made so many mistakes in terms of squad management, transfers, squad disallusionment, rooney etc

The bigger issue, which you’ve made many times and I agree with 100% is how the club manages succession. City have put into place a long term plan - I think it shines a huge light on our club that the only football advisors I’m aware of are Bobby Charlton and saf- both rooted in a bygone era. Mou shouldn’t come after lvg but should have come after saf. Moyes
We're still in recovery from that. Worst. Succession. Anywhere. since Busby. Woody is obviously a hot shot on the commercial front, but totally clueless in the football world and as you say Bobby is from the olden days and SAF from a bygone era and they are both old men, Bobby a doddery one. Director of Football badly needed and ridiculous we don't have one in this day and age, the biggest club in the world could surely get the best
Closed Thread