United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2018, 12:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Damage his own squad balance and take 90m from his summer budget to piss off city?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
2 reasons, for me.. Stop City from getting him and for the story. Secondly, because he's another player who can produce something from nothing and should offer consistency as he's at his peak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Yeah, worked wonders for van gaal in winning over the support.

The only option is to replace them. Because none of the workarounds are satisfactory. Which seeems to have been part of his plan. Get the weak spine sorted in midfield and attack, and in defence with bailley, then fully sort the defence.
van Gaal's problem was the decimated attack and lack of quality in key areas (his fault to a large extent). He was always positive in what the side was wanting to do.

Ferguson never deliberately ceded possession and territory at OT to an inferior collection of players. Control the ball, control the midfield and you win the game.

Unread 14-03-2018, 12:44 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Should have been hauled off at half time. He had no idea what he was supposed to be doing.
Just like the rest of our players then

Unread 14-03-2018, 01:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Just like the rest of our players then
Or the manager

Unread 14-03-2018, 01:23 PM
TheFatGoth

http://www.football365.com/news/f365...alexis-sanchez

Unread 14-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Sparky***

Something is really wrong with us. We take talented footballers and make them worse.

He looked lost last night, I'm sure he wanted to make something happen but there wasn't anyone else on his wavelength.

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:02 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Something is really wrong with us. We take talented footballers and make them worse.

He looked lost last night, I'm sure he wanted to make something happen but there wasn't anyone else on his wavelength.
Agreed. To be honest i think there's a general misapprehension that we played well on Saturday to beat Liverpool. We didn't! Last night was more of clueless dross that was served up at the weekend. I fear Sanchez is about to become one of Mourinho's 'bench warmers'. An exclusive club of which De Bruyne and Salah have been members.

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Bunker Buster

He loses the ball because he actually try’s things....

Created 5 chances last night.
Least of our worries.

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Spock

Quote:

this, in spades who was the last player we bought who's been any good RvP aside?

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He loses the ball because he actually try’s things....

Created 5 chances last night.
Least of our worries.
We had 5 chances?

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
this, in spades who was the last player we bought who's been any good RvP aside?
Dave

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I looked around our side and i thought which players could you honestly say perform 8 or 9 out of 10 every week? They're all so wildly inconsistent.

Who is our player of the year? The goalkeeper again? Literally the only consistently decent player in the entire team for the last 3 years.

What is wrong with us? I look at City I see at least 4 or 5 players in absolutely red hot form, for months. I look at Liverpool, their forwards are always in decent form. I look at Spurs and the likes of Son, Kane, Dembele, Eriksen performing well almost every single game.

Our biggest players, our most expensive signings and the players who are supposed to be taking us to the 'next level' are always in wretched form or injured.

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Bailey, when he's not £#%&!ing injured

Lukaku, Romero...

Unread 14-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Spock

Quote:
I looked around our side and i thought which players could you honestly say perform 8 or 9 out of 10 every week? They're all so wildly inconsistent.

Who is our player of the year? The goalkeeper again? Literally the only consistently decent player in the entire team for the last 3 years.

What is wrong with us? I look at City I see at least 4 or 5 players in absolutely red hot form, for months. I look at Liverpool, their forwards are always in decent form. I look at Spurs and the likes of Son, Kane, Dembele, Eriksen performing well almost every single game.

Our biggest players, our most expensive signings and the players who are supposed to be taking us to the 'next level' are always in wretched form or injured.
yep, besides Dave (thanks roo) I guess you could say Mata and Lukaku have been ok with the odd magic moment , Shaw and Martial not played enough and zlat was passed it before he arrived. Arsenal the only other big side who seem to have such abject signing failures as we do

Unread 28-08-2018, 03:08 PM
windy waffles

Another shit performance last night.

2 goals for us so far and one of those was a rebound from a missed penalty.

One of our worst and most pointless signings for many a year, nqat.

Unread 28-08-2018, 03:09 PM
andyroo

Awesome in preseason though

Unread 28-08-2018, 03:15 PM
TheFatGoth

He'll be great once he's had a full pre-season nqat

Unread 28-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Sapien

Surely some mistake. I had it on good authority that he was going to be amazing this season

Unread 28-08-2018, 03:47 PM
redhegemony

Would play him at 9 instead of the lump.

Unread 28-08-2018, 06:26 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Would play him at 9 instead of the lump.
Why the £#%&! not.

Martial - Sanchez - Rashford

Different sort of disappointment.

Unread 28-08-2018, 10:34 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Why the £#%&! not.

Martial - Sanchez - Rashford

Different sort of disappointment.
£#%&! it, if we’re going to play troglodyte football, chuck him up top with Lukaku in a big man, little man combination. If it works we could have the new Quinn/Phillips partnership.
Closed Thread