United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Macca1990

Default Re: Glazers and debt

Why are they still at the club if the debt is getting bigger and bigger and theyre even starting to make a personal loss what the £#%&! are they doing running it, why why why £#%&!ing why.

Unread 05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'm not sure Throb, he has praised them a few times as owners imo, so he can't play the 'I was stop from doing my job' card if we're not great in his last 1-2 years as manager.
Yeah that's true enough, but can't recall hearing him gushing about them knowing anything about United or about football or about Manchester. He's just said they let him get on with it mainly.

For me, from what I (think I) see, I'd say Ferguson is determined to go out with a team in place that's built on the same foundations as the Treble side. He's trying to make sure the cycle of success has gone back to the start. Not sure the mentality of the current youngsters is going to be (or can ever be) up to that of the class of 92, but they have Ferguson's trust it seems.

Unread 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
There really couldn't be worse owners for the long term security of the club or could there?.
The two clowns at liverpool, Ken bates, the bloke at Portsmouth

Unread 05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Fwiw I think Fergie will retire this summer
Nope, he will leave in Summer 2011. As will Giggs, Scholes and Neville

Unread 05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
redloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
Why are they still at the club if the debt is getting bigger and bigger and theyre even starting to make a personal loss what the £#%&! are they doing running it, why why why £#%&!ing why.
They aren't starting to make a personal loss. The roll-up debt is secured on their shares in Red Football which means their ownership of United is at risk if that particular debt is not paid off when it matures in 2017.

The £510m debt that is secured on United's assets and undertakings is due to be repaid between 2013 and 2016 and if they have a plan to repay that debt they could simply transfer the roll-up debt onto United the year after.

The question is, do they have a plan to repay any of it, ever?

Unread 06-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
They aren't starting to make a personal loss. The roll-up debt is secured on their shares in Red Football which means their ownership of United is at risk if that particular debt is not paid off when it matures in 2017.

The £510m debt that is secured on United's assets and undertakings is due to be repaid between 2013 and 2016 and if they have a plan to repay that debt they could simply transfer the roll-up debt onto United the year after.

The question is, do they have a plan to repay any of it, ever?
not a £#%&!ing chance. they're hardly business gurus, they £#%&!ed up ...again. only this time, once they saddled utd with the debt they used to buy the club it was a no lose situation. still is afaik.

Unread 06-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's what i was saying to my mate the other day.

Out of all the possible people to buy us out, we really got the £#%&!ing short straw didn't we.

Chelsea got a russian billionaire, City got an even richer billionaire, £#%&! even queens park rangers have got a shit load of cash.
So has this been the real issue all along?

We don't care which foreign mercenary with no links to the club whatsoever takes over as long as they are cash rich?
Closed Thread