United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-04-2024, 08:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Injuries can’t be used as an excuse.

A good manager will still have a structure and get a team playing.

Ours have no idea it seems, even when the players are back

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:00 AM
Dr Stranger

Injuries explain why we’re off our best, but they’re not an excuse for being this bad

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:14 AM
Hyman_Roth

Think he probably needs to go now tbh. We’ve got a very slim chance of winning the fa cup but I’d say we’ve got no chance at all playing under 10H. If he’s out of the door then why not put an interim in for the remainder of the season and see if the players can lift themselves.

To me, it feels fairly clear that the players aren’t buying into the philosophy/strategy which, as much as I despise nearly every one of our squad, I’m not surprised about tbh. The whole set up is wrong, isn’t working but is never changed either.

Don’t know - gutted it’s not worked out for him as I thought he was the Kwisatz Haderach but alas, it appears he’s £#%&!ing radio mental.

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Think he probably needs to go now tbh. We’ve got a very slim chance of winning the fa cup but I’d say we’ve got no chance at all playing under 10H. If he’s out of the door then why not put an interim in for the remainder of the season and see if the players can lift themselves.

To me, it feels fairly clear that the players aren’t buying into the philosophy/strategy which, as much as I despise nearly every one of our squad, I’m not surprised about tbh. The whole set up is wrong, isn’t working but is never changed either.

Don’t know - gutted it’s not worked out for him as I thought he was the Kwisatz Haderach but alas, it appears he’s £#%&!ing radio mental.
I don’t think an interim changes this outcome of this season one way or an another. We are 100% not finishing 5th or higher, no matter who is charge. I think we beat Coventry next week and any manager, including ETH, will have a job beating City. If we get there and it’s them, I fancy us to be up for it and prepared. The bigger games haven’t been as much of a problem this season

I’m really not arsed about an interim. There’s no stakes and nothing a new manager bounce could elevate us to. We’ll hobble on. Form will pick up a little, we’ll edge nervously past Coventry next week, finish 7th on about 60 points and then put everthing into that final.

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:57 AM
silv

I think he should get the season and leave with dignity

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
I think he should get the season and leave with dignity
So an ex player who was an absolute legend went out as a manager in the least dignified manner possible but we’ve got to bend over backwards for some @#%&! most us who’d never heard of three years ago, who’ll probably leave us in the worst position any manager has in the last ten years despite the luxury of having spend half a billion quid and will walk away with ten million in his back pocket should get a dignified exit? Do you honestly believe ten hag will give a flying £#%&! about United or anyone of us in six months? It seems like a pretty weird take from a fans perspective. I’d have him walk down SMBW getting pelted with rotten fruit.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:11 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
I don’t think an interim changes this outcome of this season one way or an another. We are 100% not finishing 5th or higher, no matter who is charge. I think we beat Coventry next week and any manager, including ETH, will have a job beating City. If we get there and it’s them, I fancy us to be up for it and prepared. The bigger games haven’t been as much of a problem this season

I’m really not arsed about an interim. There’s no stakes and nothing a new manager bounce could elevate us to. We’ll hobble on. Form will pick up a little, we’ll edge nervously past Coventry next week, finish 7th on about 60 points and then put everthing into that final.
Yeah, but a dead man walking taking them into the final? Is that the right psychology for the team? Just an inevitable loss with a team headed by someone that will be sacked within days of the final. Or an interim who has no pressure and can potentially unburden the players?

Don’t know tbh but I think there’s a fairly strong argument to seeing if we can arrest the decline in those two matches.

We’ll be easily beaten by Coventry the way we’re playing at the moment.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:25 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
So an ex player who was an absolute legend went out as a manager in the least dignified manner possible but we’ve got to bend over backwards for some @#%&! most us who’d never heard of three years ago, who’ll probably leave us in the worst position any manager has in the last ten years despite the luxury of having spend half a billion quid and will walk away with ten million in his back pocket should get a dignified exit? Do you honestly believe ten hag will give a flying £#%&! about United or anyone of us in six months? It seems like a pretty weird take from a fans perspective. I’d have him walk down SMBW getting pelted with rotten fruit.
You've abstained on the sack or keep poll, pal.

Quote:
Yeah, but a dead man walking taking them into the final? Is that the right psychology for the team? Just an inevitable loss with a team headed by someone that will be sacked within days of the final. Or an interim who has no pressure and can potentially unburden the players?

Don’t know tbh but I think there’s a fairly strong argument to seeing if we can arrest the decline in those two matches.

If we do beat Coventry, there's no way we land a glove on City in the final. I genuinely can't see any other than a 3 or 4 nil.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
I’d take their keeper, centre back, left back, left wing and both central midfielders (over Cas) tbh
If they were playing for us they’d look absolute shite, don’t kid yourself.

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

It’s down to little more than my own preference now. I’m just not arsed about getting him out the door right now and I can’t be bothered with the players getting all excited for a game and a half before another interim is undermined

If we had a genuine chance of upturn in the league, ok, but for a one off pop at a cup? I fancy ETH as much as any interim. Which is not very much.

We’re now at the point though where you could have little
Sympathy if he got sacked. I get it. I’m still ‘in’, but I get it.

The results were papering over the performances. Now, the results are reflecting the performances. Which is 3 points from 12, and we were lucky to get those.

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:09 PM
Zorg

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Coventry beat us tbh

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Would be preferable to getting smashed by city in the final

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
They’ll have their moments. Any team who are willing to work hard and commit numbers in attack will cause us problems. Newport managed to bag twice against, so Coventry will fancy there is a route to victory

If he loses that, he’ll be gone

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:33 PM
Medlock

Dream scenario: ETH potted and Fergie, as interim, leads the team to heroic win over city in the final

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:57 PM
tatty

How many managers have we had this very same discussion about since Fergie.

And we will have it about the next, and the one after that….continue until there is an ownership that prioritises what it takes to win over generating revenue.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:04 PM
believe

“Not sure we’ll beat Coventry but if we should manage to beat a championship side we’ll surely get beat by City or Chelsea, oh and we’ll finish eighth if we’re lucky” definitely grounds to keep him on.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:41 PM
jem

Quote:
I think there’s a fairly strong argument to seeing if we can arrest the decline in those two matches.
whether or not he should be sacked immediately (should have been weeks ago), if we get caught out with our fullbacks out of position when we inevitably lose the ball 20 times and if rashford gets picked and puts in no effort and doesn't pass to hojlund and if those are the reasons we don't win the cup... someone is going to look pretty £#%&!ing stupid trying to suggest it wasn't entirely predictable and it isn't really 10h's fault, because martinez is injured.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:42 PM
Hyman_Roth

Tatty’s got a point. Word on the street is that Joel Glazer called ten hag before the match insisting Rashford wasn’t at any point subbed. Avril texted him demanding tenners kept us wide open for any opposition attacks and said he would be fired if the opposition had less than 80% of all shots in the match.

Tough demands but tbf to ten hag, he’s delivering.

Unread 14-04-2024, 02:00 PM
Finport Red

We don’t have the players or the discipline to play the system he wants us to play. And he doesn’t seem to have a plan b, or the ability to adapt his system with alternative players to his current first team.

I’ve been saying all season, rashford or Bruno, but never both. Not in that system and, while I’d ideally prefer neither, it’s currently a no brainier as to which of them plays.

I’m still not ETH out, but if he perseveres with that lanky streak of useless lazy piss on the left wing, he can blame nobody but himself if he gets binned off at the end off at the end of the season.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:30 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
We don’t have the players or the discipline to play the system he wants us to play. And he doesn’t seem to have a plan b, or the ability to adapt his system with alternative players to his current first team.

I’ve been saying all season, rashford or Bruno, but never both. Not in that system and, while I’d ideally prefer neither, it’s currently a no brainier as to which of them plays.

I’m still not ETH out, but if he perseveres with that lanky streak of useless lazy piss on the left wing, he can blame nobody but himself if he gets binned off at the end off at the end of the season.
Fair play you still haven't joined many of us already on the out train,be interested to hear your reasons for keeping faith in him