United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:34 PM
wee man

Default Evra and Walcott

Now that I've come down from the high only Utd can take me to I think we have a big problem coming up with Evra's complete loss of form/ confidence against a speedy winger. Lennon embarrassed him today and he is not as good or quick as Walcott.

Probably Rooney will play on the left to give support there but there is really no option other than Evra and he really needs a break for his own good I think.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Now that I've come down from the high only Utd can take me to I think we have a big problem coming up with Evra's complete loss of form/ confidence against a speedy winger. Lennon embarrassed him today and he is not as good or quick as Walcott.

Probably Rooney will play on the left to give support there but there is really no option other than Evra and he really needs a break for his own good I think.
Walcott wouldnt be quicker than Lennon would he? Par...

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:38 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man

we havn't got a better left back than evra at the club. its hardly a risk playing him but i don't think we have a choice unless we play o'shea there. i dont think fabio is ready yet.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Ether

Lennon is quicker than Walcott from a standing start. It's not like he goes past him with just pace, it's the very quick changes of pace and direction.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:52 PM
borsuk

walcott is a speed merchant, very different approach to lennon imo. lennon is quick as well but it's the speed of his turn of direction, especially from a standing start, that evra struggles with. you could see evra trying to force him onto his left foot today but it wasn't working because lennon is very good at twisting and turning and was able to get evra off balance and go past him. walcott is much more about running at pace with the ball, which evra should cope a lot better with.

Unread 25-04-2009, 10:22 PM
ScarFace

Me, i'd go for

.....................VDS

.....O'Shea Ferdiand Vidic Evra

......Fletcher Carrick Anderson

Ronaldo.........................Rooney

..................Berbatov

He could choose this also, it depends on weither or not he wants Giggs starting.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Lok

Giggs and Anderson will both start. It'll probably be:

VDS

JOS
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Giggs
Anderson
Rooney
Tevez

Berbatov

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Giggs and Anderson will both start. It'll probably be:

VDS

JOS
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Giggs
Anderson
Rooney
Tevez

Berbatov
Not a chance.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Not a chance.
Keep the faith and have no fear...

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:20 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
keep the faith and have no fear...
ynwa

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Coracao

Pretty convinced Park will play after not playing today.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:40 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twote Bohng
we have seen today Rooney could be the next Kuyt in that wide attacking role if he can slightly improve his ability to keep possession.
Hmm. Re-arrange these three letters... UMW.

Oh, and these... Tawt.

Unread 25-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Twote Bohng

Rooney's a better player than Kuyt but you can't deny Kuyt has impressed this season in the wide role. Doesn't get enough credit for his intelligence on the ball - almost never loses possession, either with a pass or just knowing which way to turn with the ball. It's a gift you're born with, Scholes has it, I would say Tevez has it as well. Rooney... not quite.

Obviously he does have other attributes though.

Unread 26-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Ether

Quote:
Rooney's a better player than Kuyt but you can't deny Kuyt has impressed this season in the wide role. Doesn't get enough credit for his intelligence on the ball - almost never loses possession, either with a pass or just knowing which way to turn with the ball. It's a gift you're born with, Scholes has it, I would say Tevez has it as well. Rooney... not quite.

Obviously he does have other attributes though.
Shite wum as usual. How's your Xbox going you weird #@&%!?

Unread 26-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Me, i'd go for

.....................VDS

.....O'Shea Ferdiand Vidic Evra

......Fletcher Carrick Anderson

Ronaldo.........................Rooney

..................Berbatov

He could choose this also, it depends on weither or not he wants Giggs starting.

You £#%&!ing hate Berbatov you melon

Unread 26-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Rooney could be the next Kuyt
Yeah, if only Wayne would score fewer goals.

Kuyt 100 appearances 25 goals. 0.25 goals per game.

Rooney 153 appearances 65 goals. 0.42 goals per game. 21 in 50 for England for good measure (12 in 51 for Kuyt).

Fail.

Unread 26-04-2009, 08:19 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yeah, if only Wayne would score fewer goals.

Kuyt 100 appearances 25 goals. 0.25 goals per game.

Rooney 153 appearances 65 goals. 0.42 goals per game. 21 in 50 for England for good measure (12 in 51 for Kuyt).

Fail.
mine was better

i hope this crank is on a wum. rooney could be the next kuyt. £#%&!ing hell
Closed Thread