United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2018, 01:59 AM
Buck

Going to regret it big time if the club sell. He's a top class talent with all the technical qualities to shine. Close control, balance, change of direction - he's an awesome dribbler who will £#%&!ing shine in a side who play front foot attacking football. He may not run around as much as you want off the ball but you can make a professional footballer run around more. You can't teach his level of innate ability with the ball.

Unread 14-06-2018, 02:03 AM
ScarFace

He has one year left on his contract and he has asked to leave. Jose said at the end of the season about him and Degea that they'll be staying.

He wants out, we're not getting rid. I understand why he wants away but it's him who wants to go.

I doubt we'll sell him to a uk team UNLESS it's one that we also want a player from, i.e Chelsea Will-i-Am or Spurs Tobymong.

Unread 14-06-2018, 05:44 AM
Knockers

Obviously not been handled well and I like it when he does his silky dribbling and he looks quite cool etc etc but what games has he grabbed by the scruff of the neck and won for us? When has he dominated a top class defence? Who has he run ragged?

Sane, Sterling, Mane, Salah and dare I say it Lukaku, even Vardy, have done all the above plenty of times. Martial just hasn’t. Be coldly objective about it.

Mou being a #@&%! over him and him not cutting the mustard can both be true.

Unread 14-06-2018, 05:48 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I don’t care anymore
Correct imo.

If he was good enough, this wouldn't even be a thing.

The amount of effort I put in to keep my head above water; and this clown cannot even be arsed to run/smile.

Ta-ra pal (him not plops)

Unread 14-06-2018, 06:23 AM
puressence

Going off history any player may aswell stick around as jose will be off by december

Unread 14-06-2018, 06:32 AM
Stone Monkey

£#%&! him. Miserable mard arsed moody faced bastard! That smarmy look on his face if he scored like he regretted scoring. Get rid of the @#%&!.

Unread 14-06-2018, 06:59 AM
believe

Good £#%&!ing riddance. The way things are going, Ether and Bunks won’t have anyone to use as wums this season.

Unread 14-06-2018, 07:08 AM
ziggyman17

Nani did more for us and was a better player for us, yet most were delighted when he got £#%&!ed off.

The church of Martial..

Unread 14-06-2018, 07:18 AM
barca99

No pressure sanchez you old bastard.

20 goals minimum next season before he retires and we buy martial back for double what we sold him

Unread 14-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Good £#%&!ing riddance. The way things are going, Ether and Bunks won’t have anyone to use as wums this season.
Yep, wanting to keep a 22-year old with a better minutes per goal ratio off the left than both the £75m carthorse we’ve got up front and the dog-fondling breezeblock head we signed in January is definitely WUM material tbf.

Unread 14-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

wum ffs

jose could tear down the north stand with a jcb while on sleeping tablets and alcohol and people will defend him/attack anyone who complains.

arseholes. not you bellers but come on mate.

Unread 14-06-2018, 08:07 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Obviously not been handled well and I like it when he does his silky dribbling and he looks quite cool etc etc but what games has he grabbed by the scruff of the neck and won for us? When has he dominated a top class defence? Who has he run ragged?

Sane, Sterling, Mane, Salah and dare I say it Lukaku, even Vardy, have done all the above plenty of times. Martial just hasn’t. Be coldly objective about it.

Sane has 3 more goals and 10 more assists having played about 13 extra games worth of time, Sterling has more goals and assists and again has played about 13 games more. Mane, Salah and dare you say it Lukaku are all older and all played more football, no one got near Salah,

Martial is 22, players generally start building to their peak at 23-24, Sterling's numbers have gone up this year for example, de Bruyne kicked on at Wolfsburg when he was 23, Mo Salah was Martial level 3 years ago, Alan Shearer only became a 30 goal a season striker at 24, most players only flash the potential in their early 20's, it's why smart big clubs don't let them go and Mourinho has a demonstrable history of £#%&!ing this sort of thing up.

Unread 14-06-2018, 08:21 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Sane has 3 more goals and 10 more assists having played about 13 extra games worth of time, Sterling has more goals and assists and again has played about 13 games more. Mane, Salah and dare you say it Lukaku are all older and all played more football, no one got near Salah,

Martial is 22, players generally start building to their peak at 23-24, Sterling's numbers have gone up this year for example, de Bruyne kicked on at Wolfsburg when he was 23, Mo Salah was Martial level 3 years ago, Alan Shearer only became a 30 goal a season striker at 24, most players only flash the potential in their early 20's, it's why smart big clubs don't let them go and Mourinho has a demonstrable history of £#%&!ing this sort of thing up.
its almost as if jose is the only manager to sell one player whos excelled elsewhere

Unread 14-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen

You’ve touched upon the point I was trying to make. Flashes of potential. That’s what Martial has shown. Also flashes of being a mard-arsed waste of time. FWIW I’d keep him and play him. He hasn’t been on the same planet as the players I mentioned though, whatever age he is. I thought he’d be the best player in the world by now. He’s not in the top ten playing in Greater Manchester.

Unread 14-06-2018, 08:42 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Going to regret it big time if the club sell. He's a top class talent with all the technical qualities to shine. Close control, balance, change of direction - he's an awesome dribbler who will £#%&!ing shine in a side who play front foot attacking football. He may not run around as much as you want off the ball but you can make a professional footballer run around more. You can't teach his level of innate ability with the ball.
Apparently not.

Unread 14-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
wum ffs

jose could tear down the north stand with a jcb while on sleeping tablets and alcohol and people will defend him/attack anyone who complains.

arseholes. not you bellers but come on mate.
To be fair, the north stand is a monstrosity. I for one support our great leader in his decision to improve the aesthetics of our home.

Unread 14-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

Pretty much my view. Very talented player, but I suspect he might blow hot and cold throughout his career. Very cool finisher (most of the time) but possibly also unable to, as you say, really dominate in the way his talent suggests he could. Be interesting to see how he does elsewhere.

He's at a stage where obviously he'll want to be playing week in week out and if he's not prepared to fight for his place here (the suggestion he's done so is, um, an interesting point of view given the fact he's only really lost his place arguably since Jan and not exactly grabbed his - limited - opportunities by the scruff of the neck) then absolutely he should move on.

Also be interested to see where he goes - Madrid, Barca or another top tier club? Unlikely.

More interested about who he'll be replaced with. If it's someone really world class (Griezemann as an example), does that then mean that Rashford should leave because Alexis and Lukaku will take the other 2 spots most of the time? Or will he recognise he's not yet good enough to be a first name on the team sheet at united?

Unread 14-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Jethro

Will be at West Ham or the French/Spanish equivalent in two years time nqat.

Unread 14-06-2018, 09:33 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Will be at West Ham or the French/Spanish equivalent in two years time nqat.
Ouest jamon?

Unread 14-06-2018, 09:46 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Pretty much my view. Very talented player, but I suspect he might blow hot and cold throughout his career. Very cool finisher (most of the time) but possibly also unable to, as you say, really dominate in the way his talent suggests he could. Be interesting to see how he does elsewhere.

He's at a stage where obviously he'll want to be playing week in week out and if he's not prepared to fight for his place here (the suggestion he's done so is, um, an interesting point of view given the fact he's only really lost his place arguably since Jan and not exactly grabbed his - limited - opportunities by the scruff of the neck) then absolutely he should move on.

Also be interested to see where he goes - Madrid, Barca or another top tier club? Unlikely.

More interested about who he'll be replaced with. If it's someone really world class (Griezemann as an example), does that then mean that Rashford should leave because Alexis and Lukaku will take the other 2 spots most of the time? Or will he recognise he's not yet good enough to be a first name on the team sheet at united?
He’s only lost his place since Jan?! You’re making it sound as if he was getting starts week in week out under Mourinho prior to that.

He was used sporadically at best last season. This season is the only time he’s been given an extended run of starts, and he delivered the goods, then was dropped for a big name signing who’s struggled to perform but has been kept in the team.

The writing has been on the wall for Martial.
Closed Thread