United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:33 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I just don’t get it tbh

Especially considering where we’ve been for the last few years and people still question if there’s been improvement?

Also i read a stat that it’s only the second time we’ve actually beaten every side in the league and we’re only the fourth side of the premier league era to do it?

It was always going to take time under Mou (or who ever), he’s getting performances out of players like Young, Valencia, Smalling etc imagine what he’ll do with a squad of his own players ffs

He’s giving youth every opportunity to succeed at the club and still gets slated for ‘not trusting youth’.
It can only mean one thing. Personal agenda and hate for mou trumps united's success. Sad really!

Back to back champions league for the first time since ferie left....

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:36 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It can only mean one thing. Personal agenda and hate for mou trumps united's success. Sad really!

Back to back champions league for the first time since ferie left....
Most league points and goals since he left too...

Honestly I just don’t understand it?

I get it that he £#%&!ed up against Sevilla, but he’ll know that better than any one and he’d have learnt a lot from certain players that night. We’re in transition and unfortunately result like that will happen, but he has a clear plan and has improved us massively over the last two years while still playing certain players who if we’re honest their time is up at the club

Like you say this summer is HUGE, get the right players in and I think we’ll win the league next season.

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:38 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Most league points and goals since he left too...

Honestly I just don’t understand it?

I get it that he £#%&!ed up against Sevilla, but he’ll know that better than any one and he’d have learnt a lot from certain players that night. We’re in transition and unfortunately result like that will happen, but he has a clear plan and has improved us massively over the last two years while still playing certain players who if were honest their time is up at the club

Like you say this summer is HUGE, get the right players in and I think we’ll win the league next season.
Sevilla was a disgrace, Mourinho £#%&!ed it up but i'm not confident it would have been in our interests to face Bayern in the QFs. Think Liverpool or Roma would have been the only ones i'd be really confident of beating.

Rather secure 2nd place and the fa cup than try to dream about a cl semi.....

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Mate, I do not see in any way how winning a league title could be bad, let alone one where we come back from 16 pts behind "best team evoh" citeh...

We would still know we have plenty of work to do. We wouldn't all of a sudden be content with some of the shit@#%&!s in our team surely?

Next season is the season. Do the right business and I think we win the league. We will improve not just from having a more balanced team if we sort the fullbacks out but we have some world class players already who will also be improving due to that. Pogba and Alexis 2nd half is hopefully a sign of things to come next season.

For this season i'd be really happy if we managed to win all our remaining league games. Very achievable. Toughest being arsenal at home .

Can you imagine sacking Mourinho after getting 90 pts, 2nd place, the fa cup and beating every single team in the league.
Even if we don’t achieve that, for it to be possible at this stage of the season is outstanding, considering the shit@#%&!s still in the team and the state of us after the first derby.

They won’t have it this good next season.

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:57 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Even if we don’t achieve that, for it to be possible at this stage of the season is outstanding, considering the shit@#%&!s still in the team and the state of us after the first derby.

They won’t have it this good next season.
Stats comparing mou's two seasons to lvg's two seasons will be ugly come may..... Will end that conversation once and for all.

Unread 08-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Stats comparing mou's two seasons to lvg's two seasons will be ugly come may..... Will end that conversation once and for all.

He normally gets his title in the second year. After the mess of Moyes/lvg it’ll obviously take a little longer but, twice running now, back in the cl and deffo in for the title 18/19.

Unread 08-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Doesn't matter now

City will win it but we've sucked the life out of the moment it happens
The blues I know at work have been banging on about winning it against us or us giving them a guard of honour for months.

Unread 08-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
The blues I know at work have been banging on about winning it against us or us giving them a guard of honour for months.
Pissed on their chips!!

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:36 AM
dunk

There might’ve actually been a title race had we done that in December.

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There might’ve actually been a title race had we done that in December.
We seem to play so much better playing 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 but he still persists with it.

Unread 08-04-2018, 03:55 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We seem to play so much better playing 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 but he still persists with it.
Probably more down to him just not trusting the players to do the job consistently. Herrera has had a poor season, but 2nd half yesterday he was brilliant. The role he played released Poggers and Sanchez, to a lesser extent, to destroy their big day out.

Unread 08-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Literally don't give a £#%&!. It is always and will always be a hollow victory when they win anything from 08 onwards, and yesterday it effectively became a phyrric victory. They've bought so much into their own hype, with the multiple £50m purchases and self proclaimed best manager ever (tm) that they simply couldn't comprehend their own inferiority complex when it came back to bite them. You could feel it when pogba got his first - regardless of what they win or what plaudits they gain, they will always, always play second fiddle to us. They know it and it destroys them.

Absolutely delicious. Even a normally reasonable couple of citeh fan folk I know lost their shit yesterday. Mind the gap etc. Tears, tears everywhere.

Parklife

Unread 08-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Literally don't give a £#%&!. It is always and will always be a hollow victory when they win anything from 08 onwards, and yesterday it effectively became a phyrric victory. They've bought so much into their own hype, with the multiple £50m purchases and self proclaimed best manager ever (tm) that they simply couldn't comprehend their own inferiority complex when it came back to bite them. You could feel it when pogba got his first - regardless of what they win or what plaudits they gain, they will always, always play second fiddle to us. They know it and it destroys them.

Absolutely delicious. Even a normally reasonable couple of citeh fan folk I know lost their shit yesterday. Mind the gap etc. Tears, tears everywhere.

Parklife
It's their giddiness that still amazes me. You can tell they aren't used to going for trophies or competing in europe, because they go on like supporters of some non league club on a cup run.

For all the waxing lyrical about their amazing team they've put together, that ground of theirs is still half empty most weeks and I'll be stunned if it isn't half empty against Liverpool on Tuesday. Yet, they get a sniff of getting one over on United and low and behold the ground is full and they're jetting in from hong kong for their first game in 15 years or some %@#$&!s.

Unread 08-04-2018, 08:10 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Silly thread title, better actual thread.
Closed Thread