13/05 - Southampton (a)

Manchester United - P32 +38 71pts

15/04 - West Bromwich Albion (h)
18/04 - AFC Bournemouth (a)
29/04 - Arsenal (h)
04/05 - Brighton & Hove Albion (a)
10/05 - West Ham United (a)
13/05 - Watford (h)

Done some number crunching and think city might just pip it unfortunately.

Unread 07-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Sapien

Gap could easily be down to 7 points by the time City play Swansea.

#js
#pressureon

Unread 07-04-2018, 09:41 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Manchester City - P32 +66 84Pts

14/04 - Tottenham Hotspur (a)
22/04 - Swansea City (h)
29/04 - West Ham Utd (a)
06/05 - Huddersfield Town (h)
09/05 - Brighton & Hove Albion (h)
13/05 - Southampton (a)

Manchester United - P32 +38 71pts

15/04 - West Bromwich Albion (h)
18/04 - AFC Bournemouth (a)
29/04 - Arsenal (h)
04/05 - Brighton & Hove Albion (a)
10/05 - West Ham United (a)
13/05 - Watford (h)

Done some number crunching and think city might just pip it unfortunately.
Sage of the year in the bag imo

Unread 07-04-2018, 09:48 PM
thatsfuctit

More off than Craig from Corrie's appliance switches.

Unread 07-04-2018, 09:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 07-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Billy Redface

Be funny though.

Unread 07-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Red Al

Doesn't matter now

City will win it but we've sucked the life out of the moment it happens

Unread 07-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Doesn't matter now

City will win it but we've sucked the life out of the moment it happens
If only we'd done that to them at Old Trafford.

They've had everything their own way so far.

They're clearly rattle-able....al.

Unread 07-04-2018, 10:06 PM
tatty

Winning it this year would be bad long-term.

Unread 07-04-2018, 10:08 PM
AK14

Whisper it?

Unread 07-04-2018, 10:19 PM
ziggyman17

who gives a £#%&!......... Their whole season collapsed today....... knowing they could win it against us today was all their dreams coming through today.. they blew it, so winning it at West Ham will not feel the same

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:56 AM
Denis Irwell

The two gifts they got at OT earlier in the season... little breaks they got...

Having said that, Poggers’ header and Smallings goal could easily have missed the target. Narrow margins. We’ve been pretty efficient converting chances this season. A bit more intent and an upgrade of personnel should see an improvement.

Unread 08-04-2018, 02:45 AM
waynes ear's

United 150/1

76p on

Rounds my william hill account to an even number

Unread 08-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
United 150/1

76p on

Rounds my william hill account to an even number
0p?

Unread 08-04-2018, 07:28 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
......... Their whole season collapsed today.......
They'll probably win the league with 3 or 4 games to go.

Unread 08-04-2018, 07:41 AM
NegativeNorris

I don't think it matters when they win it now, yesterday has massively tarnished it. Everybody has known that they've won the title for months, so it was never going to be a dramatic title win, but winning against us at their place would've been a wet dream for them. The fact they should've been about 5-0 at half time, then bottled it, was just beautiful.

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
I don't think it matters when they win it now, yesterday has massively tarnished it. Everybody has known that they've won the title for months, so it was never going to be a dramatic title win, but winning against us at their place would've been a wet dream for them. The fact they should've been about 5-0 at half time, then bottled it, was just beautiful.

This. It would also do us the world of good to make it a bit closer at the end. City lose to spuds and draw one or two more, we win all our remaining matches... lay down a marker so to speak.

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
If they go out against Liverpool, their season will feel like a disappointment. They’ve had the league sown up since November ffs - nobody gives a shit. But yesterday would have given them their obligatory, ‘united’ moment.

So sweet

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:26 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Winning it this year would be bad long-term.
Mate, I do not see in any way how winning a league title could be bad, let alone one where we come back from 16 pts behind "best team evoh" citeh...

We would still know we have plenty of work to do. We wouldn't all of a sudden be content with some of the shit@#%&!s in our team surely?

Next season is the season. Do the right business and I think we win the league. We will improve not just from having a more balanced team if we sort the fullbacks out but we have some world class players already who will also be improving due to that. Pogba and Alexis 2nd half is hopefully a sign of things to come next season.

For this season i'd be really happy if we managed to win all our remaining league games. Very achievable. Toughest being arsenal at home .

Can you imagine sacking Mourinho after getting 90 pts, 2nd place, the fa cup and beating every single team in the league.

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Mate, I do not see in any way how winning a league title could be bad, let alone one where we come back from 16 pts behind "best team evoh" citeh...

We would still know we have plenty of work to do. We wouldn't all of a sudden be content with some of the shit@#%&!s in our team surely?

Next season is the season. Do the right business and I think we win the league. We will improve not just from having a more balanced team if we sort the fullbacks out but we have some world class players already who will also be improving due to that. Pogba and Alexis 2nd half is hopefully a sign of things to come next season.

For this season i'd be really happy if we managed to win all our remaining league games. Very achievable. Toughest being arsenal at home .

Can you imagine sacking Mourinho after getting 90 pts, 2nd place, the fa cup and beating every single team in the league.
I just don’t get it tbh

Especially considering where we’ve been for the last few years and people still question if there’s been improvement?

Also i read a stat that it’s only the second time we’ve actually beaten every side in the league and we’re only the fourth side of the premier league era to do it?

It was always going to take time under Mou (or who ever), he’s getting performances out of players like Young, Valencia, Smalling etc imagine what he’ll do with a squad of his own players ffs

He’s giving youth every opportunity to succeed at the club and still gets slated for ‘not trusting youth’.
Closed Thread